X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freyaka
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2007

Half of me is saying ARRRRRGGGG!!! The other half is ok. Book four of the Brent Week Lightbringer series is not the final book, it's now expanded to 5.... Oh well, more time in this very interesting world.
    sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
      The MOD Who Laughs
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Half of me is saying ARRRRRGGGG!!! The other half is ok. Book four of the Brent Week Lightbringer series is not the final book, it's now expanded to 5.... Oh well, more time in this very interesting world.
      Well dang. Guess I well keep that on the back burner for a while. read a series (the demon cycle) that I thought was a trilogy as I bought all 3 books together on my nook to find out there was a book 4.good thing it was out than finish to find the trilogy grew to 5 books which the 5th still hasn't come out.

Was looking around on reddit and saw that arcanium unbound table of contents was released and I was surprised it was going to be close to 600 pages. I Know his short stories are in there but still caught me off guard with how long it will be.

Also saw an AMA by a new author in fantasy who is only 24 but sounds like he would be in the mold of a sanderson weeks type writer. As he is a believer in sanderson magic having rules which I believe weeks does also. And reading the comments looks like weeks even read it recently and recommended it to people at a signing. So I Might give "the facefaker's game" a shot here soon.

Since I hit a slow spot with reading. Have 5 arcs left in worm but haven't read anything in a week other than comics which has just been mainly rebirth issues at the moment.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

• Freyaka
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        Well dang. Guess I well keep that on the back burner for a while. read a series (the demon cycle) that I thought was a trilogy as I bought all 3 books together on my nook to find out there was a book 4.good thing it was out than finish to find the trilogy grew to 5 books which the 5th still hasn't come out.

Was looking around on reddit and saw that arcanium unbound table of contents was released and I was surprised it was going to be close to 600 pages. I Know his short stories are in there but still caught me off guard with how long it will be.

Also saw an AMA by a new author in fantasy who is only 24 but sounds like he would be in the mold of a sanderson weeks type writer. As he is a believer in sanderson magic having rules which I believe weeks does also. And reading the comments looks like weeks even read it recently and recommended it to people at a signing. So I Might give "the facefaker's game" a shot here soon.

Since I hit a slow spot with reading. Have 5 arcs left in worm but haven't read anything in a week other than comics which has just been mainly rebirth issues at the moment.
        I was annoyed because Book Four of Week's Lightbringer series was super intense and interesting and then it just ended on a really flat note... I've decided since I have nothing new to read for awhile to go back and re-read the Eragon (inheritance cycle books) by Christopher Paolini. I need a new series...I finished as far as I care to finish on the Sword of Truth (good series, but it should have ended with the book Confessor as it ties everything together nicely...I'm just pretending that is when it did end lol)
        sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
          The MOD Who Laughs
          • Apr 2011

Just bought Arcanum Unbounded. Granted a lot to reread but some new stories and some new information await.

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

• Freyaka
            Football Immortal
            • Jan 2007

Ok I lied...I will post in regards to non-football stuff just because I don't get in arguments about that... Not talking football on these boards anymore

I was reading somewhere that the first draft of the newest book is done. Getting closer, that guy writes like a machine.
            sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
              The MOD Who Laughs
              • Apr 2011

Ok I lied...I will post in regards to non-football stuff just because I don't get in arguments about that... Not talking football on these boards anymore

I was reading somewhere that the first draft of the newest book is done. Getting closer, that guy writes like a machine.
              Yup finished with like 461K words in the draft and is looking at a November 2017 release date. I'm guessing he should be having his state of sanderson coming up which should give us some additional news on future projects coming soon.

I believe the lost metal is the next book he is going to be working on to wrap up the wax and Wayne sorry.

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

• #87Birdman
                The MOD Who Laughs
                • Apr 2011

So state of sanderson was yesterday and looks like no real big surprises like the secret history last year. But does look like he has a short story snap shot coming out in February. Granted non cosmere.

But slow year coming with probably just that and Oathbringer being the only 2 next year.

Excited to see the Rithmatist book getting a sequel coming in 2018 with the lost metal and the apocalypse guard which takes place in the Rekoners universe.

And reading his future possible stories is interesting.

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

• Freyaka
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jan 2007

Found a new series for you. It's the Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss. I'm midway through book one, solid writing thus far. Similar in style to Sanderson.
                  sigpic

Comment

• MarkB
                    All-Time Great
                    • Nov 2011

I've heard good things about Mistborn. Got the first three books pretty cheap on bookoutlet, looking forward to starting it :thumb:
                    sigpic
                    2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

• #87Birdman
                      The MOD Who Laughs
                      • Apr 2011

Found a new series for you. It's the Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss. I'm midway through book one, solid writing thus far. Similar in style to Sanderson.
                      Yeah done with the books waiting for the tlast book. Been spoiled with sanderson writing speed because pat it's more in line with GRRM.

Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

Comment

• #87Birdman
                        The MOD Who Laughs
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                        I've heard good things about Mistborn. Got the first three books pretty cheap on bookoutlet, looking forward to starting it :thumb:
                        Hope you enjoy there is a vast world to explore if you enjoy it.

Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

Comment

• Freyaka
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                          Yeah done with the books waiting for the tlast book. Been spoiled with sanderson writing speed because pat it's more in line with GRRM.
                          I'm just in book one right now. I'm not worried about waiting for a new book. My problem is I have nothing to read...Reading that and then I've got several other suggestions of where to go from there.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Freyaka
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                            Mistborn is good, but honestly it's not even his best writing (I actually love the second set of Mistborn books set in a wild west setting far more than the original series) He's got so many amazing books. If you like that Elantris is the next book I would suggest, then Warbreaker, then the Stormlight Archives.
                            sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
                              The MOD Who Laughs
                              • Apr 2011

I'm just in book one right now. I'm not worried about waiting for a new book. My problem is I have nothing to read...Reading that and then I've got several other suggestions of where to go from there.
                              Yeah my reading has sorta gone down. So working on Arcanum unbound about halfway through secret histories.

Main thing has been reading a bunch of rebirth comics and playing video games

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

• Freyaka
                                Football Immortal
                                • Jan 2007

Rebirth comics are solid!
                                sigpic