Page 1 of 209 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: Postseason: 2016 AFC Championship Game: Patriots vs Broncos

Welcome Broncomaniac's and Patriots fans (Yes, we know you are here)

Time for the AFC Championship. I will be glad for the talking heads to stop their drooling over their shrines to Tom Brady. The level of disrespect this week in the media has been phenomenal. The Pat's played well vs the Chiefs, let's go ahead and anoint them Super Bowl Champs and ignore the fact they went 2-4 in their last 6 games. Last I heard there were two teams no one wanted to face in the playoffs the Chiefs and Steelers. Well they beat one of those teams by 7 points and we beat the other by 7 points.

The Pats are 8-3 in AFC Championship games (this is here 5th straight time playing it), Denver is 7-2 in that same game.
    We know in the 16 previous meetings Brady has won 11 to Peytons 5. In those matchups Brady averaged 250 yards to Peytons 300. Brady has 31 TDs-13 Ints . Manning has 33 TDs to 22 Ints.
    Some of those matchups were in the playoffs where they have met 4 times. Brady won in a division round meeting and a Championship game. Peyton then won the last 2 AFC Championship meetings.
    In recent years is when Manning started to get his winning Mojo vs Brady.

The Pats are 2-6 in Denver, losing to Peyton in the Championship game 2 years ago here.
    The two wins Brady had was vs Danny Kannel and Tim Tebow. In the Kannel game Bellecheat took an intention safety to flip the field position and then scored later to take the lead, otherwise they would have only 1 win in Denver.

I know the Patriot trolls and Media are screaming now how unbeatable they are with Gronk, Edelman and Amedolia on the field. Blah Blah Blah. Denver beat the Pats earlier this season with our back up QB and we were missing players in that match up.

Then there is the Manning talk. Yes this is not the Manning of old, the arm is lacking and he was injured for most of the season. Peyton played well last week. The team dropped 7 balls. Give him those catches and he would have had a 300 yard day. What else did he do well, he did not turnover the ball and he led us to scores. In the 5.5 quarters he has played since his return he has led us to 43 Points. He reads defenses very well most of the time and will audible as needed.

Then there is the Defense, #1 in the league. Led the league with 52 sacks. They are getting no love this week. Brady has a quick release. He always has and we've gotten to him before. KCs rushers were injured. Miller and Ware and Wolf are chomping at the bit. Get the sack or cause the pressure. Harris in not at 100% so no one knows to expect from him. The Defense has issues last week when they played the Steelers. They gave up 8 plays of 20 yards are more. Phillips won't let that happen again. They also held the Steelers to 2 to 12 on 3rd down conversion and 0-2 on 4th down.

Edelman in the key for NE. They are 10-0 games he plays. Score 10 more points (33) when he is in and convert 3rd down at a rate of 48.8%. So he will be vital to contain. The Pats can change their game plan week to week. They came out with 11 straight passes last week, and only ran it 14 times all game. Our D will need to have one of their best games out there.

Phillips and Kubes will need to have great games plans and will need to adjust on the fly. What will we do if the run game is not there? If Collins and Hightower are playing against it well. They need to do whatever to win this game, even if that is a QB switch to get some longballs down the field to help open it up, when they stack the line. Our receivers needs to step it up. We went 3 for 15 on 3rd down. A rate that would have been higher had we had not a case of the drops. We play Bronco football this game is ours for the taking. Rule # 1 Don't shoot yourself in the foot!

The crowd has to be loud! Show them it is our field! Denver is 5-1 all-time in AFC Championship Games at home, and 3-0 all-time in home playoff games against the Patriots. Plus it appears with Hochuli reffing the game we have a decent chance of a fair game. Supposedly the stats say we are 7-0 with him reffing. The Pats 3-4 with him as a ref. I'll take him over Vinovitch anyday. Good luck NFC with that guy.

I have no idea how this game will go, but neither do the Pats or their fans. If this was at their stadium, I would have given us little chance. Playing in Denver has not been kind to the Pats, so they should not feel over confident. We are hoping the D plays well and we get to Brady. We are hoping Manning plays well again and we avoid turnovers. Any given Sunday and if the media out there doesn't think Denver want to prove something tomorrow they need to think again.

We could win, but in case things go South we need to remember there is a Code of conduct out there. http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...ode-of-Conduct The board had a few rough spots with lasts weeks game, plase don't make it harder on the staff here. If someone has a bad post, report it so the Mods can handle it. Don't feed the trolls or get into a war of words.

With all that being said, I want us to knock the stuffings out of the Pat's tomorrow. Hit them hard and often. Make them pay for touching the ball and don't be the one to incur the penalty. Let them leave the game battered, beaten and bruised

Here we are week 20 in the NFL and are still playing. How awesome is that? I'd love to close out this season out with one more game thread. So Broncos make it happen! Best of luck and health to the Broncos. Screw the Pats. and as always Go Broncos!
    Last edited by Elway; 01-23-2016 at 07:04 PM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 12 Now Playing

I decided to log on at the right time.

Gooo Broncos!!!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Let's do this! Go Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I decided to log on at the right time.

Gooo Broncos!!!
    Great timing Peanut, I decided to get an earlier start on it with the importance of this game. Thanks for all your assistance this season as always!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 12 Now Playing

Great it's real now, the gameday thread is up....

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

The power of Champ Bailey compels you...

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac

#7 !!!

GO BRONCOS !!!

STOMP THE pansies !!!

GO "D" --- SACK tommie !!!

MAKE tommie boy WHINE AND CRY !!!

Broncos 42
    pansies 13

GO BRONCOS !!!

GO BRONCOS !!!

GO BRONCOS !!!

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

How am I expected to sleep tonight?

Our house.

It's time ladies and gentlemen. Time to eradicate these Pata from our boards for 8 months.
    Last edited by Peanut; 01-23-2016 at 11:23 PM.

Good lord, I have chills...

No one outside of Broncos Country is giving us a chance. LETS SHOCK THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!

There is no sports organization I hate more in this world....let's beat these cheaters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    No one outside of Broncos Country is giving us a chance. LETS SHOCK THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, pretty much everyone picking Pats which is understandable the way our offense has looked.

Let's go Broncos!!!!!! We got this!!!!!!