Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
    Nice to see the bullpen blow the last game, might as well stay consistent. Walt, see ya dude. Way to give DJ the week off and sit him in crucial situations and instead of playing to win, go for the individual accolades. Hopefully the decision is made and announced tomorrow.

Walt Weiss steps down as Manager. I wonder who we are going to get as manager for next season.

I'm surprised. I thought he was going to get one more year.

Not sure anything can fix this horrible bullpen though

DP reported it was because of friction between him and Bridich. I guess Bridich didn't bother to work with WW on a lot of moves, like the bullpen ones and Parra.

Not something you want to hear when you are trying to woo a new manager.

Needed to happen. Hopefully they get somebody outside the organization. They have done a good job setting up some good young talent. Now, they need someone who can manage and get the best out of it. This seems to be Bridich's team now. Hopefully Monfort stays far far away this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    DP reported it was because of friction between him and Bridich. I guess Bridich didn't bother to work with WW on a lot of moves, like the bullpen ones and Parra.

Not something you want to hear when you are trying to woo a new manager.
    Sounds like what some of us said all season that ya'll were being a little harsh blaming Weiss for not making lemonade out of crap.

No coach is going to work here until we properly address a pitching rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Sounds like what some of us said all season that ya'll were being a little harsh blaming Weiss for not making lemonade out of crap.

No coach is going to work here until we properly address a pitching rotation.
    The flipside is Bridich knew Weiss wasn't the future. Now they can focus on moving forward. He can go after his guy and see where that leads. Bridich is on a short leash though, because this is his first manager hire, and he needs to nail it.

Rockies hired Bud Black

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Rockies hired Bud Black
    I think this is a good hire.
    There won't be much pressure to win the division next season, but after that all bets are off.

When I saw this the other day, I was excited. It's someone outside the organization and a former pitcher. Good pickup by Bridich

The Rockies signed Ian Desmond today
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    The Rockies signed Ian Desmond today
    You have to think...does this mean Blackmon is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    You have to think...does this mean Blackmon is gone?
    Rumor has it they are asking for a kings ransom for Blackmon. I love Blackmon but if you can get a legit ace and maybe a bullpen arm, gotta pull that trigger.

In other news we signed Josh's Rutledge to a camp invite contract...then he was taken by the Red Sox in the rule 5 draft like a week later. Best hair in baseball is gone again.

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    Rumor has it they are asking for a kings ransom for Blackmon. I love Blackmon but if you can get a legit ace and maybe a bullpen arm, gotta pull that trigger.

In other news we signed Josh's Rutledge to a camp invite contract...then he was taken by the Red Sox in the rule 5 draft like a week later. Best hair in baseball is gone again.
    Absolutely! If they do nothing else after the Desmond signing it means they are already conceding the upcoming season. They need to go after pitching....

Why is it that I keep up with them as much as you guys do?
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!