View Poll Results: will joey bosa be a bust?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! wrong system and the chargers made a mistake drafting him!

9 29.03%
  • NO! the kid can ball and will still have his hand in the dirt a lot!

7 22.58%
  • too early to tell, same with all draft picks.

15 48.39%
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post

this was when we snagged Paxton!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    That's what I was worried about, and this draft was full of DE's who they could have gotten in the second or third.
    again, the chargers would not have henry right now if they did that as well.

so you are not worried about possibly having a harder time running the ball with bosa on their team and being forced to put it in buttfumbles hands? that will also help the secondary a lot too.

assuming bosa is at least a decent upgrade in his rookie season over kendall reyas who was an absolute bust and utter trash, as well as the upgrade in FA at NT in the run stuffing brandon mebane.....i think the chargers run defense is going to be vastly better this season.

even without bosa and a 2nd or 3rd round DE talent to go along with mebane would have likely been a huge upgrade in that department. people sometimes forget just how bad the chargers were stopping the run last year, i'm glad they made that the priority this off season.

the chargers literally have gone a few years with just one starting quality DL'man and now they have 3 and now they likely have gates' replacement when he rides off into the sunset.

hunter henry is going to play a lot this year as well, more than ladarius green did because unlike green this kid can run block and he doesn't drop balls like green did, at least he didn't in college.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

again, the chargers would not have henry right now if they did that as well.

so you are not worried about possibly having a harder time running the ball with bosa on their team and being forced to put it in buttfumbles hands? that will also help the secondary a lot too.

assuming bosa is at least a decent upgrade in his rookie season over kendall reyas who was an absolute bust and utter trash, as well as the upgrade in FA at NT in the run stuffing brandon mebane.....i think the chargers run defense is going to be vastly better this season.

even without bosa and a 2nd or 3rd round DE talent to go along with mebane would have likely been a huge upgrade in that department. people sometimes forget just how bad the chargers were stopping the run last year, i'm glad they made that the priority this off season.

the chargers literally have gone a few years with just one starting quality DL'man and now they have 3 and now they likely have gates' replacement when he rides off into the sunset.

hunter henry is going to play a lot this year as well, more than ladarius green did because unlike green this kid can run block and he doesn't drop balls like green did, at least he didn't in college.
    Baphs you added a stand out college player and we added two veteran tackles in Okung and Stephenson who are proven players coming from two of the league's best rush attacks and I'm suppose to be worried?
    Membane is a good player but unless he is bringing Michael Bennet, Cliff Avril, Bobby Wagner, KJ Wright and the Legion of Boom he will probably have the same effect on your defense that Pot Roast had in Washington last year.

I recently read that his great-grandfather was a mob boss. We better keep this nice.

The front of a defense helps the back out more so than the other way. If Bosa gets pressures and sacks he makes the Chargers secondary better...I am not sure how he will do vs NFL linemen in run defense or Rushing the passer but I am sure there is tape of him going vs an top LT prospect sometime in his college career that would give a good indication.

I Will say this Urban Meyer has sent some guys to the NFL that were pretty big busts in the past but mostly offensive busts..he is kinda known for it in SEC circles and the coaches still use it against him when recruiting.
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Yep! He don't look like #3 pick talent. He may have a good career but good players are not top ten draft picks. You need All Pro game changers at that spot.
    He went #3 overall so 1 double digit sack season in four years like Ingram is going to label him a bust.

He will need to start day 1 and for at least 4 seasons before we make a bust/Great Pick decision.

He will need to average double digit sacks over that time not almost sacks.

At #3 he needs to put up Von Miller, Lawrence Taylor, Simeon Rice kind of production.

You wanna use my name this is my criteria for a pass rusher taken #3 overall, you've been warned. He becomes a game changer I will eat crow.
    I agree with all of this. He needs to register double digit sacks consistently over at least the first 2-3 years before we can say he isn't a bust.

I think 3rd overall is waaay to high for him but then chargers have a good history of drafting busts so he'll have lots of company

You forgot to add option 4:

WE DON'T CARE!!!
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    I agree with all of this. He needs to register double digit sacks consistently over at least the first 2-3 years before we can say he isn't a bust.

I think 3rd overall is waaay to high for him but then chargers have a good history of drafting busts so he'll have lots of company
    Ryan Leaf and Larry English want to know what you mean by bust?

I am torn wondering, is it that the First Round players the Chargers pick that suck?, or do they turn them into busts? That's the real debate.

Baphs you added a stand out college player and we added two veteran tackles in Okung and Stephenson who are proven players coming from two of the league's best rush attacks and I'm suppose to be worried?
    Membane is a good player but unless he is bringing Michael Bennet, Cliff Avril, Bobby Wagner, KJ Wright and the Legion of Boom he will probably have the same effect on your defense that Pot Roast had in Washington last year.
    Nah man, Chargers should move up to be one of the best run stoppers in the league from being one of the worst last year, because of one guy.

Oh, don't forget we added a true fullback and a much more gifted RB too.

There are full measures, and there are half measures. It looks to me like we're making full measures to run the ball where last year it was a half-assed attempt trying to make Manning happy while trying to run the ball.....sort of.

I'm excited to see it.
    Last edited by kishzilla; 05-04-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    Nah man, Chargers should move up to be one of the best run stoppers in the league from being one of the worst last year, because of one guy.

There are full measures, and there are half measures. It looks to me like we're making full measures to run the ball where last year it was a half-assed attempt trying to make Manning happy while trying to run the ball.....sort of.

I'm excited to see it.
    Booker is going to be an absolute beast in this league in Kubiaks system.
    Anyone else think he looks a bit like a young Mike Tyson?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    You forgot to add option 4:

WE DON'T CARE!!!
    that option is do not click the thread and move on.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

that option is do not click the thread and move on.
    I'm interested to know how many sacks you think Bosa will have in his rookie season?

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post

I'm excited to see it.
    lol where to start.......

first of all, the chargers upgraded their run defense in FA when they signed the NT brandon mebane. he is the run stuffing NT we have been missing since jamal williams left for donkeyville.

so no, it's not because of one guy and even if the chargers didn't draft bosa and went with a 2-3 round guy i think the run defense would have been vastly upgraded, injuries aside of course!

second of all, it's simply hilarious you claimed you brought in a true FB

you are talking about Janovich correct? dude is not a true FB, he is a running FB and those are rare these days. the FB the chargers took is more of a true FB and it's the same FB gordon played with in college who helped him dominate.

i also think you know how familiar i am with Janovich and i loved him as a husker but a true FB? LOL now i have heard it all.

he will likely be a ST guy for you and possibly a change of pace back, not a fan of him at the next level to be honest but i can see him being an asset on ST's.

as far as you hyping booker, he could turn into something if he recovers but more gifted than gordon? based on what exactly? the fact he is a bronco player?

comeon kish, you accuse me of making stuff up as i go along yet that's exactly what you just did.....just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Booker is going to be an absolute beast in this league in Kubiaks system.
    Anyone else think he looks a bit like a young Mike Tyson?
    lol this thread is going to be epic in a few years if your teams players don't work out like you think. do you even know if his knee will be okay? never seen so much hype for a fourth round draft pick in my life