Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Prost and Strange will be on the stadium side of 25, Great Divide, Our Mutual Friend and Epic on the the east side of 25. All of those are pretty good places to visit, as far as breweries go. All of them are family friendly and usually have food trucks.

Wazee Supper Club is my all time favorite spot to grab some food. They make pizza and all other manner of things and always have a good tap list going. Euclid Hall and mellow mushroom are great as well. Both pretty kid friendly. Lucky Pie/Lodo is always good. The Rio Grande if you like mexican food and fantastic margaritas, and falling rock taphouse has the best burgers in downtown.

Cheers, I'm jealous.

EDIT, all of these places are kid friendly and have great beer or great drinks.

NICE!!! thank you, I just wrote all of these down and will definitely try a few of them out! The wife and I love to hit new spots and sometimes it's hard when visiting a city you've not been too so this definitely helps out!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Just when I thought I never did anything cool,
    NEVER forget the bike cart ride being trapped in Downtown Denver..... maybe a wee drunk...
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    You forgot "open windows previously painted closed, hit each other with belts, high five folks...."....
    Oops

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    Oops
    Yep. Too fun!!!!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Have to step in and say rocky mountain national park is def worth the trip. Youd be taking 36 from denver so you wouldnt hit the cold springs fire road closures. Boulder itself is fine too.

The 3 girls will most definitely like the candy shops in estes! Look up bear in rocky mountain chocolate factory estes park. The trip up to alpine visitor center in the park is worth the trip alone
    Last edited by armedequation; 07-13-2016 at 04:48 PM.
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Have to step in and say rocky mountain national park is def worth the trip. Youd be taking 36 from denver so you wouldnt hit the cold springs fire road closures. Boulder itself is fine too.

The 3 girls will most definitely like the candy shops in estes! Look up bear in rocky mountain chocolate factory estes park. The trip up to alpine visitor center in the park is worth the trip alone

I really thought about doing the Rocky Mountain National Park for the day! We still might if we can get up early enough and get going on Saturday! Thank you for the suggestions, much appreciated!

Step 1: Go to golden
    Step 2: Grab a D'Deli Sandwich (There will be a line most likely, definitely worth the wait)
    Step 3: Go to the park/enjoy Clear Creek while eating said Sandwich
    Step 4: ???????
    Step 5: Profit

I'll second all of the breweries Cory said. There are lots of really cool places downtown now-a-days (go to the Cherry Cricket for delicious burger goodness) one other place I'll suggest is Rhein Haus. Its pretty new to downtown but is authentic German fare and they have bocci ball set up in the middle really cool place your girls might like that.

Sounds like we've upgraded our itinerary to include Elitch Gardens now! I'm just anxious to get on the road man...I'm so tired of Kansas and need some time away. Sad situation or not, I need out of Kansas for awhile.

So I've officially made it back home (Florida), even though my heart was left somewhere in Colorado!

We had an AWESOME trip!! Honestly I couldn't have asked for anything better, except for maybe Frontier Airlines getting their crap together and not delaying flights left and right, but that's another story!

We arrived in Denver 4 hours after we were supposed to and made our way to our hotel, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express downtown. This hotel was in the perfect location, literally just around the corner from the 16th street mall! We slept until about 11am Friday morning and then decided to go grab some lunch. We walked to the 16th street mall and went to Paramount Café as recommended by the concierge at our hotel, glad we did as I had an awesome Bison Burger and a couple pints.

after lunch we had a 2pm Stadium Tour .... I HIGHLY recommend the tour for anyone that hasn't done it, they take you through the whole stadium! Club level, Suites, locker rooms, beer coolers, field level etc. Definitely worth the $20 per adult charge ... here's a shot from Field level of me and the Fam and also a shot of me standing by the Bowlen bust out front of the stadium!

We spent Friday and Saturday in Denver. On Saturday my cousins from Pueblo came up and we hung around Downtown on 16th street and ate and drank and ate and drank and had a blast! There was an event going on and they had closed 16th street to all traffic and only allowed walking. there was vendors and food and drinks and a big play area set up for kids and just ... well .. just everything you'd expect from a hopping downtown area (unlike Tampa)!

On Sunday we left Denver, and headed south towards Pueblo where we would spend the next 7 days exploring. We stopped at the Colorado Renaissance Festival on our way and again ... if you've NEVER been to the Colorado Renaissance Fest then I highly recommend it as it is one of the premier festivals in the country. The city of Larkspur has a permanent home for the festival so all of the buildings and such for the festival are permanent and set in the surrounding mountain area ... just unbelievably beautiful!

the next few days were filled with your basic tourist type things, we did Bishops Castle and Lake Isabel in southern Colorado ....

here's a shot of the Wife and I on my cousins canoe on Lake Isabel -

we went to Colorado Springs and did the Cog Railway up to the top of Pikes Peak - 14,115 Foot Summit

We visited Manitou Springs, Cave of the Winds, spent an afternoon on the Pueblo Reservoir, ate so much food and drank a lot of local beers! I have tons of more pictures but to spare the bandwidth I only attached a few of my favorites!

Overall we had a blast and cannot wait to go back!

Sounds and looks like you had a blast. Cheers, brother.

Hooray, beer!

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. We are traveling to Colorado for the Broncos-Texans Monday Night Football. I have not been back for several years and so many fun things to do.

A lot of good info. I am headed that way from Omaha, NE for the Falcons game. Me and my wife's 10yr anniversary is that weekend.