Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Our mens basketball team should be smoking every team just like our womens team is. No excuse to be losing at halftime to Australia. Coach K needs a better game plan than "24 feet out and chuck it".
    Team USA will have Popovich as the coach going forward, no way will he create a team of three point shooters. He's going to have them use their skills.

I'm excited for 2020, the Canadian team should be there and should be good enough to be on the podium. The key will be getting all of their players to play at the next World Championship, qualify there and get cohesion. They won't be nearly as talented as the team the US will be able to throw out there, but Canada should be able to put together the second best roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Excellent day for team GB yesterday. A first ever gold in diving and a somewhat unexpected gold in kayaking.
    I was incredibly impressed by Max Whitlock's bronze in the individual all round gymnastics. This was the first medal since 1908 for GB in the all round. Even CanDB wasn't born then
    Hey you leave my fellow Canadian alone! At least we're fielding our own team, Wales had to join England and Scotland in order to compete at the Olympics!

Haha, just kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Gotta say, we get quite a good range of sports from the Beeb over here to be honest.

The CBC is showing lots as well. They have their main network going around the clock and then they signed contracts with the two big Sports stations, TSN and Sportsnet and each of them are showing things on their main channels as well as their other channels.

And it's funny to hear anchors for Sportsnet and TSN plugging events on the other's stations, those two are the bitterest of rivals, but every 2 years they come work somewhat together for the Olympics.

Tonight Canadian swimmer Penny Oleksiak will go for her 4th medal of the Olympics (she has a silver and 2 bronze medals so far) in the 100 metre freestyle. What makes this notable, is that she just turned 16 in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Tonight Canadian swimmer Penny Oleksiak will go for her 4th medal of the Olympics (she has a silver and 2 bronze medals so far) in the 100 metre freestyle. What makes this notable, is that she just turned 16 in June.
    That's very impressive. I'll have to make sure I watch.
    Administrator

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    That's very impressive. I'll have to make sure I watch.
    She tied for gold with the American swimmer. Completed the set! Has a chance for a 5th medal in the final relay. No doubt she's already won the Canadian Athlete of the Year award for 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Hey you leave my fellow Canadian alone! At least we're fielding our own team, Wales had to join England and Scotland in order to compete at the Olympics!

Haha, just kidding!
    You got one up on me there no doubt!
    Hope in my lifetime to have the privilege of rooting for a team under the Welsh dragon banner

Canada total medal : 9

Penny Oleksiak total medal : 4

Medals from men : 0....

Thank god for our women in the pools because without them we would look pathetic

Also big props to Rosie Maclennan, she became the 1st ever back to back gold medalist in trampoline !

Our girls are really kicking butts so far, the fellas need to step up

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post

Thank god for our women in the pools because without them we would look pathetic

Also big props to Rosie Maclennan, she became the 1st ever back to back gold medalist in trampoline !

I caught the trampolining. Wd MacLennan. GB athlete was thrilled to bits with her unexpected silver.

Shock defeat for U.S women in the soccer!

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post

I think the fellas will start getting into it on the track. We should win a few there. It would be nice if Andre DeGrasse could get on the podium. And the 4x100 team finished third last time before being DQ'd, they've got faster athletes this time, including Calgarian Akeem Haynes!

I enjoyed the first couple of events in the heptathlon, in particular the high jump.

Cannot believe the USA Women's Soccer lost on penalty kicks and is out. Shocked and totally bummed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Cannot believe the USA Women's Soccer lost on penalty kicks and is out. Shocked and totally bummed!!!!
    One of the biggest shocks of the games so far no doubt.

Rooting for Wiggo and co in the cycling.
    Win and GB should move up to 3rd in the medal table.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Hope Solo showing how classy she is calling Sweden "a team of cowards" looks like she's going to be fighting someone again tonight.