Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Official 2016 Week 1 Preseason Thread - Broncos @ Bears

Here we are, our first game after winning Super Bowl 50. Sure, it's preseason, but it could be a taste of what's to come later on. This is our very first step in attempting to defend our title.

Our team looks a little bit different than last year, mostly that the legendary Peyton Manning is no longer our starting QB, and his backup for 4 years left for Houston. We now have Mark Sanchez, a guy who has had some success in this league, Trevor Siemann, a guy who knows the system already, and our first round pick, Paxton Lynch.

Some of our defensive players like Danny Trevathan (who will be against us here) were key parts to our 3rd title and left for different teams, but our defense is mostly the same. (I am so glad we got Miller re-signed.)

Keep in mind that moderators will be keeping an eye on this thread so be sure to follow the COC and treat others fairly, regardless of what happens.

That said......

FOOTBALL IS FINALLY BACK!!!!!

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

(I didn't see this posted and I know Elway doesn't do preseason threads.)

I will admit though, he's better at it than I am.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

GO Broncos!

I am thoroughly excited for the game tonight.

FINALLY!!!!! Won't get to watch until the replay on NFLN as I live in Patriots country and have to suffer through yet another Pats game but will be following on the radio. This will be an interesting game for sure.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Hoping all goes to plan and the team play well!

It's great to be the defending
    SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    It's great to be the defending
    SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS !!!

Yes it is!

Looks like Michael Schofield will be tonight's starting LT. I feel bad for Mark Sanchez. I won't be surprised if we can't even evaluate his QB play because there will be no pocket.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I can't remember the last time I was this interested in a Broncos preseason game and it got me thinking. Outside of the obvious reason of QB intrigue, there is so much excitement to see the depth this team will field tonight. There is so much competition and Denver will have to cut some really good players.

RB - Booker and Bibbs
    WR - Latimer, Fowler, Taylor
    TE - Green and Huerman
    OL - Position of worry but excited to see who steps up and establishes themselves.
    DL - Gotsis and Crick
    OLB - Can't believe our second string is Ray and Barret
    ILB - Who will separate
    CB - Sounding like Doss may be another steal and excited to see how he steps up with Talib facing a possible suspension.
    FS/SS - Simmons could prove to be the steal of the draft for Denver. I thought our safety depth really killed us last year, especially in the Steelers game when both came out with injuries.

Even the punting battle offers some sort of intrigue

Even though it's preseason, I'm pumped for the game tonight to see all the depth this team will field.

I wonder how long the Bears will have their defensive starters out there tonight. They actually had a solid defense last year and it would be nice to see how Sanchez fares against a defense that isn't ours. No doubt it'll be a vanilla game plan but interesting none the less

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Looks like Michael Schofield will be tonight's starting LT. I feel bad for Mark Sanchez. I won't be surprised if we can't even evaluate his QB play because there will be no pocket.
    Schofield has actually had a good training camp. Most daily reports have been positive about his development.

Sanchez (and the other QBs) just need to worry about doing their own jobs. They have been the weak link all camp. Hoping this changes against some outside competition.

Go Bronco's!

Ugh, I was going to buy the nfl preseason pass - I know I did this for tebow's last year and peyton's first, and it was like 20 bucks for every preseason game. Now the only option for this looks like 100 bucks? I can't do that! I was so excited for this game and now I won't get to see it. Or try on a terrible ad-popping feed.

BLAM! BLAM!

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus