Thread: Staying a Week

Staying a Week

I don't know what happen to my last thread I posted. So I am making a new one. Here's to hoping it doesn't disappear.

Anyways, me and my wife are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary the only way we know how. We are coming to Denver and going to a game. We plan on being there about 5 days. I want to plan this entire trip before we get there, but I am not familiar with the area to much. So I have some questions.

1. I don't know where to stay. Which hotels would you recommend? I don't want to spend a lot on a hotel since I won't be in it but to sleep.

2. I am in need of a recommendation for a nice restaurant to take the wife on our anniversary night. So what you got for me? Elways, Shanihans, etc? What is a really nice place. Money isn't an issue here.

3. I want to do a stadium tour. Is it worth it? Also, are Friday practices open to the public? When and where can we do meet and greets with players/coaches?

4. Things outside of Denver. One day while I am there, I would love to go somewhere outside of Denver. I am going between Estes Park and Pikes Peak. Since it will be early October I am worried about the cold. What would you recommend between the 2?

5. The game we are going to is an afternoon game. What are the after game festivities around there? I would love to celebrate a win with fellow fans.

6. Anyone else going that wouldn't mind letting us tailgate with them? I want to party with fellow fans and BBQ!

Thanks in advance. Let me know if this isn't allowed. Agian, I don't know why my last post was deleted or what happen to it.
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

I don't know what happened to it but this looks fain and is in the appropriate place.

Have fun! Tailgate lots... everyone is very hospitable
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

Thanks! Do you have any insight on the questions I posted above?

I visit DEN for games several times a year and here are my recommendations.

1. I don't know where to stay. Which hotels would you recommend? I don't want to spend a lot on a hotel since I won't be in it but to sleep. I prefer to stay near the 16th Street Mall area because there are tons of shops, food, etc. to check out. Plus transportation in and around the city can be found there, it's kind of a hub for DEN. I usually stay at any of the Marriott properties in the area but keep in mind that hotels book up fast during football weekends.

2. I am in need of a recommendation for a nice restaurant to take the wife on our anniversary night. So what you got for me? Elways, Shanihans, etc? What is a really nice place. Money isn't an issue here. Every time I visit DEN I go to Elways for dinner and drinks. The food and drink rival anything you can find here in Chicago or what I can find in NYC. I have ventured out to other areas using YELP.

3. I want to do a stadium tour. Is it worth it? Also, are Friday practices open to the public? When and where can we do meet and greets with players/coaches? I should look into this since I am going to the INDY @ DEN game, week 2!

4. Things outside of Denver. One day while I am there, I would love to go somewhere outside of Denver. I am going between Estes Park and Pikes Peak. Since it will be early October I am worried about the cold. What would you recommend between the 2? Cannot help you here. I usually stay in the city. Sorry.

5. The game we are going to is an afternoon game. What are the after game festivities around there? I would love to celebrate a win with fellow fans. Near the stadium is an amusement park, Six Flags. (You might have those where you live, so eh.)

6. Anyone else going that wouldn't mind letting us tailgate with them? I want to party with fellow fans and BBQ!
    If you cannot find anyone to tailgate with then I suggest that you head to one of the bars for happy hour, just before a game. It is usually full of Broncos fans headed to the game or settling down to watch the game. (By the way, you can wear your Broncos gear to Elway's!)

Hope this somewhat helped...cheers!

I just requested a tour for Sat, Sept 17th.

Apparently you pick your date and time and they will
    contact you to confirm availability. Group size is capped at 25.

Tour Price:

Adults $20
    Seniors $15
    Children 6-12 years $15
    Children 5 and under - free with adult (max 2 per paying adult)

Tours are offered: Thursdays through Saturdays: 10am - 2pm, beginning every hour.

http://www.coloradosports.org/index....y-tour-request

Thanks for the info. I would wear my Broncos gear to Elways, but since it's our anniversary dinner, I'll probably dress to impress. But thanks for other info.