Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: Week 6: 2016 Broncos vs Chargers

Hello Broncomaniacs,

Here to start the kickoff for the Thursday night game vs San Diego.

Yeah we hit a major road bump on Sunday. Paxton played like the rookie he is. The Falcons had a good game plan using their quicker run backs to catch passes and make big plays. It did one major thing. It showed a flaw in this D. Something for us to work on. I'd rather get exposed now to work on it and later when it could be too late.

So now we face the Chargers without Kubes, with a recovering QB (listed as questionable) , a struggling run game, and an O-line that regressed back to last years turnstile of line. The Chargers or what Phillips Rivers called them. The Bad News Bears. They have lost four games by a total of 14 points, they held halftime leads in all. Two of the games they were up 13 at halftime. The rest of the league is 36-0 when they have a 13 point lead.

We have goals for this game. The first is to win and keep the AFC West winning road streak going. Correct the O-line issues, and get the run game back on track. Not a fan of Thurs games. Usually the play on both sides of the ball is sloppier.
    The only benefit is the extra days of rest for the next game.

We can't afford to look at the Chargers record and overlook them. No matter who they have at WR they still keep throwing. There is no quit in Rivers. Melvin Gordon is becoming the back they hoped he would be. Their D is competant. In a scheduling quirk after a Monday night tilt vs the Texans, we meet up with the Chargers again in week 8. The Chargers are the 2nd highest team at 30.4 PPG. Second only to Atlanta. Denver has won 9 of the last 10 vs the Chargers by limiting them to an avg of 17.8 PPG

So how do we do in Game # 6 of a season? Well in the last decade we posts a 8-2 record. Of the Eight wins 3 were at home, 5 on the road. Of the 2 losses both were at home. We have won the last 5 years game # 6. Keep the streak going.

Again as a reminder, please be mindful of what you post and lets try to enjoy the game. We have managed so far to avoid the board division of recent seasons. Let's continue the streak and help the mods. Please follow the COC and thank you for helping making this board great. As always looking forward to a great season. GO BRONCOS!!!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 12 Now Playing

Go Broncos!!!!! Hoping for another trademark fourth quarter Sparklers flame-out!

Let's go!!!

Was there an Orange Ranger?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

GO BRONCOS !!!

SMASH THEM

IN THE MOUTH
    !!!

GO "D" --- SACK phyllis !!!

Broncos 42
    dolz 13

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

Let's go!!!

There is now!

He might as well be called Bronco

Someone beat me to the sticky!

Alright kids, gonna be a good one... looking forward to a big divisional win tonight.

can't wait

Let's Go Broncos!!!

W/L just want to get out healthy. Players are not physically prepared, no matter how hard they train, to play Sun and do it again with 3 days separation.

My favorite thing this week was hearing people telling me "that Broncos defense lost a step!". My response? "oh damn, we don't get to be the best defense in NFL history twice in as many years. that sucks."

Hooray, beer!

I should not be this worried about this game tonight, but last week was an eye opener. I hope Trevor is 100%, we can't afford to lose a divisional game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

Let's go!!!

That looks more like the Dolphins color rush Jersey, ours is actually cool.

Go Broncos!!! Time to get back on track!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

does that mean theyre due? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DougHeffernan View Post
    Broncos HAVENT LOSS on the road in division since 2010. Every other team in the NFL has at least 4 in that span!!!

Hooray, beer!

I don't know if I want Trevor in this game if he's still hurting. Its best to have him sit another week. I still think with Paxton we can still win this game if he gets better protection then he did against Atlanta we will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    does that mean theyre due? lol
    Don't you put that on me Ricky Bobby!