Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134
Results 1,996 to 2,006 of 2006
  1. #1996
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,101
    Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    I guess I'm under the impression that when his hand/arm touches the ground OOBs the play is over. Maybe that's not the case. There's been so much debate the last few years of what is and isn't a catch, getting legs involved muddles it up even more.

    Did you ever find out if Janovich was inactive? Really confusing that he wasnt in the gameplan if he was active, he adds a lot of versatility.
    There's no such thing as a catch in the NFL, but there is no such thing as a drop either. Don't look in the official rule book though, apparently that thing doesn't know anything about football.

  2. #1997
    theMileHighGuy is offline
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    10,789
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    There's no such thing as a catch in the NFL, but there is no such thing as a drop either. Don't look in the official rule book though, apparently that thing doesn't know anything about football.
    Oh, I wouldn't dream of it.
    I <3 Andy Janovich

  3. #1998
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4,571
    I guess even with the loss it was worth staying up until 2am to watch.... kept me with faith til the last play of the game. Can't wait for the rematch, that two weeks can't get here fast enough.

    The amount of penalties on the offense was sickening.... every time we got something going it seemed, it was taken away with penalties .... disappointed that my most hated rival got their second win of the season, but guess San Diego had to finish a game in the fourth at some point this season

    Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian

  4. #1999
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sharkdom of Snowdonia,Wales
    Posts
    14,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverness Steve View Post
    Sometimes you see a great game of American Football and your side doesn't win? But you appreciate it nonetheless?

    That happened tonight with my Broncos being defeated by divisional rivals, the San Diego Chargers - away from home - 13 - 21.

    TBF the Chargers - our great divisional rivals - have lost the last 15 games to us, but no-one will deny them or their fans this moment.

    They were fired up from the word go.

    From a Broncos point of view, our defence is great, but our offence didn't really compete till the final quarter.

    In fact, there was some really POOR play calling for the first three quarters on the offensive side of the ball.

    Now, here's a football theory.

    a} The Broncos have the best defence in football

    b) They have an average offence with rookie quarterbacks and players in many positions

    c) The rookie players and quarterbacks are very good rookie players and quarterbacks, in the NFL round

    d) The Broncos defence is SO good, that the offence only needs to post 50% + production to win most games and get to the play offs

    e) However, that 50%+ production IS NEEDED because, however great a defence is, it cannot win Championships on its own.

    f) An average of two more long scoring drives will win the Broncos every game. As Jonie MItchell sang - 'you don't know what you've got till it's gone'. Two words. Peyton Manning.

    g) The current offensive co-ordinators at Denver don't match up to the defensive record of Wade Williams. FACT. A 10-20% improvement in offensive production i.e. 7 - 10 points a game and 10 minutes more breather for our brilliant defence, would put us in a record breaking position.

    h) The best offensive coaching guy with the x's and o's is currently available, and he already worked a year with Trevor Simian, and would do Paxton Lynch the world of good.

    i) What are we waiting for..?
    Hello Steve from Inverness

    Are you another Celt who likes to lose sleep over Men in Orange chasing balls?

  5. #2000
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,271
    12 penalties for 103 yards. We played like undisciplined chumps.

  6. #2001
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Its about maintaining control .. I would think the control means hands wise.. He had it between his legs when he landed..
    You do realize you can catch a ball with any part of your body, correct? As long as your body controls it and it doesn't move around. That's a catch.

    Whether CJs was a catch or not is up for debate, but the fact that his hands didn't control it? Completely irrelevant. You don't need to use your hands at all for a catch.

  7. #2002
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    26
    A dreadful first half and then a multitude of timely blocks to our comeback contributed to this defeat. That first half was ugly and if we had been 31-3 down we couldn't have complained. But a few times second half I felt we were just building rhythm and momentum, only to get knocked back by stupid penalties and none more so than the one that took CJ's TD run off the board.

    I genuinely believe that we would have gone on to rescue a win if that stood. But we've had it all go our way for some time now, a little humility isn't fatal. It's how we react now that counts. We have an extended break now, and then we hit the ground fast against Houston.

    San Diego won't compete for the division, so if we are to lose a divisional game this was probably the best one. Definitely not time for jumping on the blame train though, just write it off and move on.

  8. #2003
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    You do realize you can catch a ball with any part of your body, correct? As long as your body controls it and it doesn't move around. That's a catch.

    Whether CJs was a catch or not is up for debate, but the fact that his hands didn't control it? Completely irrelevant. You don't need to use your hands at all for a catch.
    I thought it was the megatron rule in effect he crashed to the ground losing possession. IT is a bad rule in the NFL
    2016 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 7 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

  9. #2004
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Empire View Post
    A dreadful first half and then a multitude of timely blocks to our comeback contributed to this defeat. That first half was ugly and if we had been 31-3 down we couldn't have complained. But a few times second half I felt we were just building rhythm and momentum, only to get knocked back by stupid penalties and none more so than the one that took CJ's TD run off the board.

    I genuinely believe that we would have gone on to rescue a win if that stood. But we've had it all go our way for some time now, a little humility isn't fatal. It's how we react now that counts. We have an extended break now, and then we hit the ground fast against Houston.

    San Diego won't compete for the division, so if we are to lose a divisional game this was probably the best one. Definitely not time for jumping on the blame train though, just write it off and move on.

    The Chargers could easily be undefeated... The last thing SD needed was hope with the best QB in the division arguably
    2016 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 7 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

  10. #2005
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,175
    Quote Originally Posted by super_boltz View Post
    The Chargers could easily be undefeated... The last thing SD needed was hope with the best QB in the division arguably
    As much as I hate to say it, I don't think there's much argument about it. Carr looks like he's going to be a star in Oakland for a long time, but I don't see any way that Rivers isn't the best QB in the AFC West right now--by a pretty large margin.

  11. #2006
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by super_boltz View Post
    The Chargers could easily be undefeated... The last thing SD needed was hope with the best QB in the division arguably
    I'm not going to start fearing a team that has a proven habit of not being able to close a game out. True Denver were awful on Thursday but so many things had to conspire second half to ensure San Diego clung on that I just can't see it as anything but a one-off right now.

    Rivers is potentially the best QB in the division but the level of his competition is much lower this year. The rematch in two weeks will be a very intriguing prospect but I'm standing by my claim that the Chargers will be nowhere near the divisional title by Christmas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •