2016/17 NHL Season

Wow, what a start last night in the season openers, with the young guns leading the way!! Auston Matthews!!! 4 flippin goals in his first NHL game!! He may never score 4 goals in a game ever again....but last night was a night to remember. Then again, he blames himself for the game winner in OT, showing real maturity.

And then Connor McDavid, last year's 1st pick, showing off the new spectacular arena in Edmonton! Two goals and an assist.

I look forward to my Jets first game tonight, at home, with our version of the young guns. Playing the 18 year old (2nd pick in the draft) Patrick Laine, along with the 19 year old Kyle Connor. Two very talented young men. Go Jets!

On a sad note, my Fantasy goalie - Jonathan Quick, got hurt. Looks like I am already having to change players, which is a problem, given we have no more than 5 trades we can make all season. And hopefully Crosby is ok to play soon after yet another concussion. The game needs him... he is currently the best there is. I hope he is back very soon!

Should be a great season, and maybe dominated by youngins!! (ha ha, I have a feeling the old boys will have a say in that).

So far it's been the season of the youngins! First at the World Cup, where the North American team, a combo of Canadian and US players under 23, were the most exciting team in the tournament, even though they missed out on the playoff series. And so far this year, with Connor McDavid, Auston Matthews and Patrick Laine, all young and all looking great! So refreshing to see.

Of course from a personal perspective, my Jets coming behind 4-0 to win in OT, with Laine getting a hat trick and winner in OT. What a finish (from a Fin)!!!