Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 132
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    8,352
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Apparently you missed my post about how they haven't really improved.

    They are 28-34 after another bad home loss to a bad team.

    Again don't be fooled just cuz it's good enough for the 8 seed. The west is not as good as usual.

    Third worst D in the league. They aren't really improved.
    We have a top 10 offense. Apparently you forgot how bad this team was before Malone got here. This a a 3-5 year project.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    5,425
    This team has all the talent to be a 50 win team again, easily. Most of what makes this unit fail as a team is attitude and ego. You fix that, or ship out the guys that don't want to be here like Nurkic (and Chandler, Faried and let Gallo leave) and the problems are gone. It doesn't take 3 to 5 years to fix people's egos, or to install your own system.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    8,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    This team has all the talent to be a 50 win team again, easily. Most of what makes this unit fail as a team is attitude and ego. You fix that, or ship out the guys that don't want to be here like Nurkic (and Chandler, Faried and let Gallo leave) and the problems are gone. It doesn't take 3 to 5 years to fix people's egos, or to install your own system.
    LMAO it's not that easy.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    LMAO it's not that easy.
    Jeff Bzdelik went from 17 wins his first season to 43 in his 2nd. George Karl inherited a team that was 17-25 partway through the season and went 32-8. Steve Kerr came into Golden State and won the finals after Mark Jackson led the team to a 1st round loss the season before. There's plenty of other examples.

    So it's obviously easy enough for someone that knows what they're doing to do it. What makes Denver different?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,269
    Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    We have a top 10 offense. Apparently you forgot how bad this team was before Malone got here. This a a 3-5 year project.
    This is the NBA not NFL or MLB. With the right players as Housh said it does not take 3-5 years to make significant progress.

    You must've forgotten that the 03 Nuggets were far worse than this team was prior to Malone. And adding melo alone improved it drastically. Granted we don't have any of those caliber stars but there is enough talent to be better than 28-34 and losing to as many bad teams at home as we do.

    And I could care less about a top 10 offense when the third worst D allows more points a game than that offense scores.

    I'm not asking to be 50 win team again already. But there certainly is no excuse not to be above .500 with how many bad losses the team has taken.

    That's fine that you have super low standards. That way they can exceed your expectations. But I said two years ago I didn't understand how the answer is a coach with a career losing record. And in almost two full seasons he is currently 22 games below .500.

    Make all the excuses you want about it being the players. But the talent is there for Malone to do better already IMO.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Jeff Bzdelik went from 17 wins his first season to 43 in his 2nd. George Karl inherited a team that was 17-25 partway through the season and went 32-8. Steve Kerr came into Golden State and won the finals after Mark Jackson led the team to a 1st round loss the season before. There's plenty of other examples.

    So it's obviously easy enough for someone that knows what they're doing to do it. What makes Denver different?
    Beat me to that example.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,269
    Also the year before Malone we were 30-52. So it's not like he took over a team in the bottom 5.

    He won 3 more games in year one and so far has to finish 6-14 to finish 1 game better. Which I think he will do but we should have a 7-10 win improvement from last year or 5 or less.

    We will see if he can finish strong.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    8,352
    Each situation is different. I compare our current situation to that of Golden State a few years back. It took them time to get to where they are, I think Connelly and Malone are following that blueprint. Build through the draft and let the team develop. That takes time, look at how long it is taking Minnesota and they have phenomenal talent and potential and a fantastic coach.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    Each situation is different. I compare our current situation to that of Golden State a few years back. It took them time to get to where they are, I think Connelly and Malone are following that blueprint. Build through the draft and let the team develop. That takes time, look at how long it is taking Minnesota and they have phenomenal talent and potential and a fantastic coach.
    Golden State was a garbage team a few years before that, we still have a lot of players from the 57 win team that Karl coached. It's not like we're rebuilding from nothing, or a team that barely won 20 games. The veteran players on this team have already showed they can play at a higher level night in and out. There's not much of an excuse for them playing like garbage now when they were consistently good just a few seasons ago. So much of it is attitude and mentality, and neither the veteran players here or Malone have it any more (Malone probably never had it).

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Posts
    3,298
    Nuggs D is so bad. No effort at all on that side of the ball

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,269
    Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    Nuggs D is so bad. No effort at all on that side of the ball
    Yep another 110 point offensive performance down the tubes from no D

    Yet people think we just need to shoot shoot shoot.

    Probably hear excuses about how Gallo and Jokic were out as well

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,555
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Yep another 110 point offensive performance down the tubes from no D

    Yet people think we just need to shoot shoot shoot.

    Probably hear excuses about how Gallo and Jokic were out as well
    To be fair. The records and team performance with Jokic on and off the court is night and day.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    To be fair. The records and team performance with Jokic on and off the court is night and day.
    I get that. But you still can't allow 123 points

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,269
    If the Nuggets don't beat Boston tonight they fall into a tie with Portland for the 8 seed.

    And so far out of the plumlee and nurkic trade it appears they won the trade.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,269
    If the Nuggets can finish 8-7 the rest of the way Malone will prove me wrong on improving by 7-10 games this season.

    That said we are about to hit a 4 game gauntlet with Clippers, Houston home and home and then Cleveland.

    We need to go minimum 2-2 to stay up on Portland who is also hot ever since we gave them Nurkic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •