Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150
Results 2,236 to 2,248 of 2248
    Gary Kubiak needs to go, as well as Dennison. They are predictable and awful at playcalling. Why not call more screens. We execute them well and even scored today on a screen pass. The rest of the coaching staff I like. Take DT with you. He's trash.

Not gonna rain in OAK parade tonight. Biggest win in 13 years. I'll let them have it. We'll see week 17 who gets last laugh and what exactly this win means in the long run.

What I saw tonight was a mix of a lot of bad things.

1) The offensive line. We're supposed to be a run-based offense, but we can't run. Sure, we did well against Houston, but we need consistency. Too many run plays get blown up at or behind the line. It's been happening for long enough that I think it's more a coaching issue than a talent issue, Our offensive line coach needs to be told that he'll be fired at the end of the year if consistency doesn't improve.

2) The defensive line. Losing Walker in training camp was a huge blow, and obviously Jackson is missed. But we knew we were playing a team with a big, good offensive line. Why have a NT inactive for this game? That's a decision made much farther up than the D line coach.

3) Tackles. I get that some games are just weird, but our defense couldn't tackle a 90 old lady using a walker. And it wasn't just one player, it was the whole defense. My opinion: Wade needs to have a meeting with the entire defense tomorrow and say "Stop flapping your gums and get to work!"

4) Receivers. You're getting paid a lot of money. If the ball hits you in the hands, catch it. The one where Sanders laid out I'll give a pass to, I could tell he was giving it everything he had.

5) Play calling. It's very, VERY predictable. If I can correctly guess what's coming from home, the opponent's defensive coordinator can too. We also always seem to just stop running completely when we're down by more than one score. If we're down by 10 in the third quarter, there's plenty of time for the running game. It was amazing that not only did we not run, but we didn't take very many deep shots on what is said to be a pretty bad secondary.

6) Refs. First, I know we all watch games with orange tinted glasses, but that doesn't mean we're wrong. I'm not saying that any of the penalties they called on us were wrong; the problem is they wouldn't call Oakland for the exact same thing. If you're going to call one team for a very specific thing, you need to call it on the other team when they do the exact same thing. Second, don't reverse your own calls on the field, that's why there's instant replay. Twice tonight (that I saw) they reversed themselves on the field, and both were huge swings in the Raiders' favor. That is exactly what instant replay is for. All turnovers are automatically reviewed, right? Having said that, the refs are NOT the reason we lost.

So, my respectful suggestions to the Broncos staff (that obviously spend all their time reading these forums ;P) is to light a fire under the O line coach's butt, don't bring your "small set" to a game against a team with a big O line, spend a good chunk of practice time on fundamentals (defense: tackles, receivers: juggs machine), and open up the playbook.

Go Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Is it time to fire Dennison as O-C and bring in Norv Turner to call plays and develop Lynch?
    Nor Turner runs a completely different system, with completely different terminology and he just quit on his team midseason. Add to that, look at the results in his last few stops.

Why anyone thinks this is the answer to any question is beyond me. In fact based on him quitting on his team midseason, I'm not sure he ever gets another NFL job.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Twelve rushing attempts all game vs the worst rush defense in NFL and when tS is our QB? How is this not coaching?
    I wish they had started off running the ball, although my guess is that defenses are stacking the line, so Denver was hoping to pass to loosen that up. Obviously that doesn't work when you're not completing passes.

But then when you do run the ball and only gain 1, you have to start thinking about passing the ball. It's almost a vicious cycle, they pass the ball because they can't run well, but they can't run the ball well because they can't pass.

And how can we get M. King from them? That dude can punt.

One thing I will say about our OL is that they had a few chances to give up a safety and didnt. I didn't have any confidence that they wouldnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I wish they had started off running the ball, although my guess is that defenses are stacking the line, so Denver was hoping to pass to loosen that up. Obviously that doesn't work when you're not completing passes.

But then when you do run the ball and only gain 1, you have to start thinking about passing the ball. It's almost a vicious cycle, they pass the ball because they can't run well, but they can't run the ball well because they can't pass.
    Because we have no leadership on the O. No one else is there to hold people accountable. People didn't want to make mistakes with PFM. No one is there now.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Disagree ....let's be honest kub did not win the sb...wades defense keep us in games all year and dominated
    The post season

Had we been forced to rely on kubs coaching with a average def,
    we are probably 8-8

Our offense has been terribly with kub ....we have survived totaly on the defense
    This. I have not seen anything in terms of play calling or offensive scheming that has actually won the game. Rather it has been large reliance in the defence, which now is flawed, to carry the momentum. I don't think our OC and by extension, Kubiak, know how to utilize this offense.

What a terrible game, Oakland's RBs getting 7+ yards everytime they touched it, the penalties, the drops, the penalties, the bad throws, our horrid running game, their dumb punter dancing around like an idiot, the penalties, did I mention the penalties?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sitoke View Post
    I suppose if you consider running zone read 20x a game a classic power running attack...you're right. Let's go back to that
    They ran a lot of power, a lot of power. I don't consider that a good offense, the question was simply: when was the last time Denver had a good run game without the zone scheme? And the answer statistically was 2011. The question wasn't when they had a great offense and great run game without the ZBS?

BTW the zone read is zone blocking, so if they had just been running that I wouldn't have used that as my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Because we have no leadership on the O. No one else is there to hold people accountable. People didn't want to make mistakes with PFM. No one is there now.
    It's a talent issue, not a leadership issue. Leadership is often overrated in cases like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It's a talent issue, not a leadership issue. Leadership is often overrated in cases like this.
    I don't think talent is the issue. We have 2 top 15 WRs. We have a 2nd round draft pick RB. We have talent. There is no accountability when it comes to drops and whiffed blocks.

And what happened to Janovich? We could use some FB with our lack of run blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I don't think talent is the issue. We have 2 top 15 WRs. We have a 2nd round draft pick RB. We have talent. There is no accountability when it comes to drops and whiffed blocks.

And what happened to Janovich? We could use some FB with our lack of run blocking.
    Janovich broke his arm or something in his and against the Texans. He played last week with a cast, and limited. He was listed as questionable against the Raiders. It doesn't sound like he was overlooked just injured.