X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlowdaBroncoFan
    Starter
    • Mar 2009

Saw a stat that showed a 138-12 yard rushing advantage IN THE 1ST HALF in favor of Tenn. That is the telling stat for me as to why we lost. Can't run or stop the run. Build both lines this offseason is key.
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

• Njbroncofan1
      All-Time Great
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
      If he made the FG we would have won. He missed because he kicked the ground first. It happens. I would rather play for the win than concede and punt.
      Kinda have to play the odds. The odds of making that field goal are 10 percent at best!
      If you miss the chance of them getting into field range are significantly higher. It's a dumb risk that was destined to fail. If it wasn't a divisional opponent or conference opponent maybe or if you have to win that particular game maybe. A tie in that game would have done wonders for making the playoffs . Now we probably have to win out by looking at the other teams schedules who are trying to claim that wc spot

Comment

• Njbroncofan1
        All-Time Great
        • Nov 2015

Saw a stat that showed a 138-12 yard rushing advantage IN THE 1ST HALF in favor of Tenn. That is the telling stat for me as to why we lost. Can't run or stop the run. Build both lines this offseason is key.
        Youre right its Truly amazing we were only down 13-0. Felt Tennessee would be a bad matchup for that reason and the defense still held on to give us a shot

Comment

• FlowdaBroncoFan
          Starter
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Njbroncofan1 View Post
          Youre right its Truly amazing we were only down 13-0. Felt Tennessee would be a bad matchup for that reason and the defense still held on to give us a shot
          It's hard to say they held on, but I can see both arguements. The big argument against the D was TOP. We got killed in that department because of the inability to stop the run.

Comment

• BroncoSynapses
            Ring of Famer
            • Mar 2009

Oh you mean hand your division rivals and easy victory by giving them the ball at midfield And most likely missing the playoffs because of it. Gotcha
            Well, we sure won't miss the playoffs based on one call. We had ample opportunity to control our own destiny. It's an acculmination of poor special teams play, poor defensive play (at times) and poor offensive play (plenty to go around here).

Lots of calls, missed catches at crucial times, poor defensive play at crucial times that add up to missing the playoffs. Kubiak has contributed to that, but to boil it down to a single call is a bit silly, don't you think?

Comment

• Njbroncofan1
              All-Time Great
              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
              Well, we sure won't miss the playoffs based on one call. We had ample opportunity to control our own destiny. It's an acculmination of poor special teams play, poor defensive play (at times) and poor offensive play (plenty to go around here).

Lots of calls, missed catches at crucial times, poor defensive play at crucial times that add up to missing the playoffs. Kubiak has contributed to that, but to boil it down to a single call is a bit silly, don't you think?
              Of course it won't be because of that single play . You're right we had so many chances and opportunities especially in that game. The penalties and bad special teams and giving up an 8 point lead when we have a top 3 defense but that single play just stings the most. tie breakers are huge and schedule wise we have the toughest schedule of all the teams competing for the wild card. That half game means a lot.

Comment

• Njbroncofan1
                All-Time Great
                • Nov 2015

It's hard to say they held on, but I can see both arguements. The big argument against the D was TOP. We got killed in that department because of the inability to stop the run.
                Why would TOP be big argument against the D? I mean I understand not being able to get off the field but it doesn't help when your offense can run the ball more than a yard or convert 3 and 1's at all.
                It has to be so demoralizing as a defense to pretty much be perfect when your offense is three and out and you're giving the opposition the ball a midfield pretty much.
                Plus we all know our interior d line and run d as a whole isn't elite. I'm pretty sure if our offense is able to sustain some drives early our d won't be as gassed mentally and physically

Comment

• BroncoSynapses
                  Ring of Famer
                  • Mar 2009

Of course it won't be because of that single play . You're right we had so many chances and opportunities especially in that game. The penalties and bad special teams and giving up an 8 point lead when we have a top 3 defense but that single play just stings the most. tie breakers are huge and schedule wise we have the toughest schedule of all the teams competing for the wild card. That half game means a lot.
                  I respect your opinion. I'm of the mindset that I like going for the win, even if it means a loss if it doesn't go well. But that is just me and my opinion. I like that we went for the win. It didn't work out. Now we're in a tough spot like you mentioned.

The plays that sting for me are the missed catches. I hope that is a function of inexperience. And we get it together soon.

Comment

• FlowdaBroncoFan
                    Starter
                    • Mar 2009

Why would TOP be big argument against the D? I mean I understand not being able to get off the field but it doesn't help when your offense can run the ball more than a yard or convert 3 and 1's at all.
                    It has to be so demoralizing as a defense to pretty much be perfect when your offense is three and out and you're giving the opposition the ball a midfield pretty much.
                    Plus we all know our interior d line and run d as a whole isn't elite. I'm pretty sure if our offense is able to sustain some drives early our d won't be as gassed mentally and physically
                    You can't see the 138-12 rushing yardage as a disadvantage? I know our offense is pissed poor, but to say the defense was nearly perfect is crazy? We gave them a TD on the opening drive AGAIN. The TOP was 2:1. We can't stop the run to save our life. I agree the 3 and outs are mind numbing, but watching a team just run on us like they do is also frustrating to watch.

Comment

• bronx_2003
                      Banned User
                      • Oct 2003

You can't see the 138-12 rushing yardage as a disadvantage? I know our offense is pissed poor, but to say the defense was nearly perfect is crazy? We gave them a TD on the opening drive AGAIN. The TOP was 2:1. We can't stop the run to save our life. I agree the 3 and outs are mind numbing, but watching a team just run on us like they do is also frustrating to watch.
                      The D is not perfect but they are pretty damn good. Tennessee put up 40+ points on GB recently, we held them to 13 in their house. That should have resulted in a win. This offense is as bad as I have ever seen in the league.

Comment

• FlowdaBroncoFan
                        Starter
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                        The D is not perfect but they are pretty damn good. Tennessee put up 40+ points on GB recently, we held them to 13 in their house. That should have resulted in a win. This offense is as bad as I have ever seen in the league.
                        I totally agree that our O n is bad, but they shouldn't have been able to run on is like they did to start the game.

Comment

• bronx_2003
                          Banned User
                          • Oct 2003

I totally agree that our O n is bad, but they shouldn't have been able to run on is like they did to start the game.
                          They ran well in the first half and our run D has struggled this year no doubt, but we stopped them after HT and MM had a career low game, they also scored 0 second half points at home.

I just think we could both cherry pick stats but the bottom line is they scored 13 points, that never should have been enough to win. I'm just sick of the D doing all it can (recent games inc. NO who we had 4 TO's and Jags who the D gave the offense the ball in Jags half FOUR times and we came away with SIX points) only for the offense to look absolutely pathetic.

I am a big believer in D wins championships and IF we get in as a wildcard we COULD be dangerous........ but I don't think we can win with an offense THIS bad

Comment

Working...
                          X