Fantasy football.

Being a Broncos fan.. Do you catch yourself valuing Broncos players higher than you would if they played for another team? For some reason, I love our team so much and have so much faith we will bounce back on offense I just can't make myself bench or drop a Broncos player.

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Being a Broncos fan.. Do you catch yourself valuing Broncos players higher than you would if they played for another team? For some reason, I love our team so much and have so much faith we will bounce back on offense I just can't make myself bench or drop a Broncos player.
    I have booker , Sanders and McManus. Booker was a flex but I benched him weeks ago. I love to have these guys on my ffb team but when I'm 26 pts out of 1st place and about 900$ on the line I have to use my brain not my heart . I use Sanders and mcmanus here and there depending on match up

During the Manning era, I had DT and JT. Since 2013, only reliable Broncos player I would draft would be the Broncos D/ST.

CJ is a bust every year and with the new scheme implemented, I stray away from Broncos receivers.
    Damn proud to be a Phi! Brother in the Bond #105 Texas Tau

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    I have the same issue.
    I have Mcmanus, Denver D, Sanders, Forsett, and Siemien.
    Macmanus and Denver D is a no brainer (even though Mcmanus has not been great in FF)
    Sanders I just always start because he is always a threat.
    Siemien I don't start because I have Rodgers,

The bygone this week is Forsett. I don't know why but I think he is going to have a food game. Not 30 pts but like 50 yds rushing, 30 yds receiving and a td.
    But like you I think maybe im just a homer, I don't want my heart to end my FF season..

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I have the same issue.
    I have Mcmanus, Denver D, Sanders, Forsett, and Siemien.
    Macmanus and Denver D is a no brainer (even though Mcmanus has not been great in FF)
    Sanders I just always start because he is always a threat.
    Siemien I don't start because I have Rodgers,

The bygone this week is Forsett. I don't know why but I think he is going to have a food game. Not 30 pts but like 50 yds rushing, 30 yds receiving and a td.
    But like you I think maybe im just a homer, I don't want my heart to end my FF season..
    That's always the dangerous part of pools, investments, relationships, and more.....being a bit biased even though you don't think you are. I think that when it comes to "betting" on anything, you have to be highly objective, and in the case of being a homer, we sometimes get too subjective. Similar things happen when you had a star in the past, and you think he will maintain that ability, even though the signs say otherwise.

I have DT on a team, and I keep playing him. He can be a star, but not in every game. Lately he has upped his game. I think Sanders is a worthy pick as well.

You HATE to bench a favourite, and watch them go crazy on you in the points!!!

CONVERSELY......what to do this weekend? Play Brady against my beloved Broncos. Some think we can manage Brady. Some say to start him. Not even sure what to do. It's a dilemma of various sorts. Hard to bet against him. And don't want to get too "homey" as well. You know I want us to shut him DOWN!
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-16-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    That's always the dangerous part of pools, investments, relationships, and more.....being a bit biased even though you don't think you are. I think that when it comes to "betting" on anything, you have to be highly objective, and in the case of being a homer, we sometimes get too subjective. Similar things happen when you had a star in the past, and you think he will maintain that ability, even though the signs say otherwise.

I have DT on a team, and I keep playing him. He can be a star, but not in every game. Lately he has upped his game. I think Sanders is a worthy pick as well.

You HATE to bench a favourite, and watch them go crazy on you in the points!!!

CONVERSELY......what to do this weekend? Play Brady against my beloved Broncos. Some think we can manage Brady. Some say to start him. Not even sure what to do. It's a dilemma of various sorts. Hard to bet against him. And don't want to get too "homey" as well. You know I want us to shut him DOWN!
    I hear ya about Brady. I have Luck also . I know Broncos have pretty much owned Brady but I don't think Luck has a good match up either . My receivers are Edelman, ty Hilton, Sanders, Diggs, and Jordan Matthew's. I have to start 2 and the 3rd is my flex . I'm so afraid of starting Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I hear ya about Brady. I have Luck also . I know Broncos have pretty much owned Brady but I don't think Luck has a good match up either . My receivers are Edelman, ty Hilton, Sanders, Diggs, and Jordan Matthew's. I have to start 2 and the 3rd is my flex . I'm so afraid of starting Sanders.
    Hilton is your apparent #1 guy. And I like Sanders and Edelman. Diggs and Matthews confuse me at times.

Do you have a good back for flex? If so,you should be good with Hilton and either of Sanders or Edelman. Diggs is interesting though.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-17-2016 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hilton is your apparent #1 guy. And I like Sanders and Edelman. Diggs and Matthews confuse me at times.

Do you have a good back for flex? If so,you should be good with Hilton and either of Sanders or Edelman. Diggs is interesting though.
    I'm looking for a home run so I cut Jordan Matthew's. My starters are Hilton, Sanders and I benched Diggs and I picked up t. Gabriel for my flex . My rb back ups are garbage so I go with a wr for my flex

Ironically, I won my regular season league with a 12-2 record with many Bronco players.

I drafted CJ Anderson, Emanuel Sanders, Broncos D/ST, and McManus and Virgil Green to begin with. It wasn't long before I had to let Green go. When CJ went down, I grabbed Booker, but I released him 4 weeks ago.

Still I've done okay this season. First time I've won my league, but I've only played a couple of seasons in the past.

Interesting note, I lost my first game in the Championship round because I went with the wrong RB and I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose the 3rd place game because I thought Cam Newton would play better at home versus Atlanta then Tyrod Taylor would against Miami. Unfreaking real!! I mean I made all the right little moves earlier in the season (like benching Cam for the majority of the season for Matthew Stafford), picking up little WR/KR here and there that literally made the difference in many of my matches. Picking up defenses playing the Browns. All these little moves help me to my regular season championship and then I blow it in the playoffs. We will see. If Sanders, McManus, and the Broncos D play great tonight I may come away with 3rd place, but I'm already down by 20 and he has a kicker and WR playing today too.

I had the lead in my championship game by 20 pts . I had 2 players left to play . They were Sanders and Eric Ebron. He had 1 player left . I thought I was good to go . I didn't think Kelce from the chiefs would score as much as he did . Sanders let me down like he's done most of the season . Needless to say I lost by 2 pts . In our league the top 4 record teams play . Then the winners play each other for the oiler bowl in which the winner gets 100$ and the l9ser gets 50$. The big $ in our league is for the team that scores the most points . I am 29pts out of 1st . I'm so afraid of starting Sanders. The person in first has big Ben and Bell who might not play . So we will see