Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Beagle, I'm glad your back. After two weeks since the pats beat the broncos, you decided to show up around here. Despite what Judge Chin and Judge Parker says, there were two other Judges who thought differently.
    So once again you have no response to The following article?

I love how you ignorantly sidestep testimonies from credible NFL scholars!

Completely weak.

Quote Originally Posted by PFT
    "ESPN reports Commissioner Goodell, eager to avoid league embarrassment, ordered NFL officials to destroy the tapes and notes, stomped and shredded inside an office at Gillette Stadium. Goodell fined the Patriots organization and Belichick, and took away the team’s first-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

Some of New England’s opponents seethed, according to the report, believing the Patriots had cheated their way to victories and–ultimately–Super Bowl titles. In the wake of ‘Spygate,’ teams publicly said the results of games were legitimate and the Patriots did not have an unfair advantage.

In 2008, Goodell contacted Martz, who was working as the offensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers at the time. Martz tells Outside the Lines Goodell was worried about calls for a U.S. Senate investigation and the commissioner wanted him to write a brief statement supporting the league’s investigation and findings regarding Spygate, and that he did not believe the Patriots’ videotaping had any effect on the outcome of the Super Bowl.

From the ESPN report:

A congressional inquiry that would put league officials under oath had to be avoided, Martz recalls Goodell telling him. “If it ever got to an investigation, it would be terrible for the league,” Goodell said.
    However, when shown a copy of his statement during the investigation for the ESPN story, Martz believed additional words were added.

“It appears embellished quite a bit — some lines I know I didn’t write. Who changed it? I don’t know,” Martz told ESPN.

Beagle, I'm glad your back. After two weeks since the pats beat the broncos, you decided to show up around here. Despite what Judge Chin and Judge Parker says, there were two other Judges who thought differently.
    except I was here ? lol Another stupid post
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

"Fully cooperative" does not mean Goodell gets what he wants. If Goodell wants to search your home simply because it "may have" evidence in an ongoing NFL investigation, you don't allow him to do it. You would be stupid to say "I have nothing to hide. Go ahead and search." For all I know, Brady doesn't want Goodell looking at his pictures of Gisele on his phone. As I've said many times before, if one player turns over a cell phone to the commissioner, it becomes precedent and suddenly the rest of the league's players will be compelled to give their phones over in an investigation. And as I've proven already, just because footballs are tested in the game as under the minimum PSI, it does not mean ball tampering occurred - the steelers/giants game proves this. even the league said there was no foul play there.

Can you broncos fans come up with something new? Maybe focus on your own team - you have an entire offseason for that.
    Thats exactly what it means..he gets what he wants or else. Brady chose the or else because the alternative was worse.
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    So once again you have no response to The following article?

I love how you ignorantly sidestep testimonies from credible NFL scholars!

Completely weak.
    Sorry, didn't have time to respond to EVERYTHING that is posted. Just because ESPN reports something, especially if it's MIke Fish, doesn't mean it's true. ESPN was wrong about 11 out of 12 footballs being 2.5 PSI under the league mandate. As far as Martz is concerned, did Martz tell you that the Rams were spying on the patriots prior to the super bowl? Yeah it's true, but I guess Mike Martz won't tell you that.

Halfway through practice, Patriots' linebackers coach Pepper Johnson noticed something in a third-floor window of a house next to the field.

Club and league officials said a telescope was clearly visible in the window, according to a pool report, and that 15 minutes later, a person appeared at the window, and then vanished.

Officials scanned the window with binoculars, but the person never returned.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2002/02/02/sp...e-is-fine.html

Besides, I have already admitted the pats were wrong about spygate. My point was that the deflategate punishment was all about Roger goodell "making right" what many owners felt was a soft punishment by him in spygate.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-05-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thats exactly what it means..he gets what he wants or else. Brady chose the or else because the alternative was worse.
    then explain to me why 2 steeler footballs were deflated under the league minimum in the giants game from a month ago? the NFL has already ruled out foul play. I'm waiting.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-05-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    except I was here ? lol Another stupid post
    lol, I probably just breezed past what you wrote since most of your posts are nonsense.

Sorry, didn't have time to respond to EVERYTHING that is posted. Just because ESPN reports something, especially if it's MIke Fish, doesn't mean it's true. ESPN was wrong about 11 out of 12 footballs being 2.5 PSI under the league mandate. As far as Martz is concerned, did Martz tell you that the Rams were spying on the patriots in the super bowl? Yeah it's true, but I guess Mike Martz won't tell you that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/02/02/sp...e-is-fine.html

Besides, I have already admitted the pats were wrong about spygate. My point was that the deflategate punishment was all about Roger goodell "making right" what many owners felt was a soft punishment by him in spygate.
    I'm glad you said that because now I assume you understand that Goodell was sick and tired of the illegal antics by the patriots.

He is sick and tired of them putting him on the spot. Therefore you do understand there is no personal vendetta against your pansies.

It wasn't that league owners were putting pressure on him for a stiffer punishment.

If that was the case, they would've been putting pressure on him and other NFL officials to go under oath in court.
    it's not because of the league owners but moreless because Roger Goodell is sick and tired of sticking his NECK out for the pansies.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-05-2017 at 11:32 AM.

I'm glad you said that because now I assume you understand that Goodell was sick and tired of the illegal antics by the patriots.

He is sick and tired of them putting him on the spot. Therefore you do understand there is no personal vendetta against your pansies.

It wasn't that league owners were putting pressure on him for a stiffer punishment.

If that was the case, they would've been putting pressure on him and other NFL officials to go under oath in court.
    it's not because of the league owners but moreless because Roger Goodell is sick and tired of sticking his NECK out for the pansies.
    Roger Goodell is an idiot - this has been proven over and over again. He gives Ray Rice 2 games for hitting a woman, and later changes his mind when there was public backlash. I absolutely don't understand the deflategate punishment at all.

You broncos fans still haven't answered me on why the steeler footballs from the giants game were under the league minimum PSI. Hmm, could it be that there is an alternative explanation outside foul play? The league of course swept it under the rug and said they have no explanation. And Roger goodell refuses to release the PSI results from the 2015 season when the NFL randomly took measurements of game balls at halftime. Hmm, could it be that it would make the NFL look bad for deflategate? I'm guessing yes.

Roger Goodell is an idiot - this has been proven over and over again. He gives Ray Rice 2 games for hitting a woman, and later changes his mind when there was public backlash. I absolutely don't understand the deflategate punishment at all.

You broncos fans still haven't answered me on why the steeler footballs from the giants game were under the league minimum PSI. Hmm, could it be that there is an alternative explanation outside foul play? The league of course swept it under the rug and said they have no explanation. And Roger goodell refuses to release the PSI results from the 2015 season when the NFL randomly took measurements of game balls at halftime. Hmm, could it be that it would make the NFL look bad for deflategate? I'm guessing yes.
    I agree Goodell is an idiot, but so is a guy who did nothing wrong but destroys his phone.

Hmm could it be that Roger knows of something much worse that the pats are guilty of but instead he punished them for deflating football? Who knows.

I doubt it but perhaps he does not want to waste time on anything like deflated footballs again.

Tom Brady made such a fuss over it when he knew he was guilty. He should've just accepted his punishment, owned up to his mistake like a man but instead he chose to turn it into a circus.

IMO the league does not want to go through that type of circus again. Perhaps the Giants and the Steelers or whoever was responsible just got a slap on the wrist.

I do not believe the cold weather would deflate footballs to that extent.

Yes I know cold weather causes deflation, we see it happening in our tires on our vehicles everyday taking on much more abuse. Any significant loss of air happens overtime, not in the matter of three hours tossing multiple footballs around.

Make the NFL look bad for deflategate? Um......yeah. Since there was clearly no wrongdoing committed by any member of the Patriots organization, why did Kraft agree to forfeit their first round pick and agree to pay a one million dollar fine? Why did Brady obstruct the investigation by destroying his phone? Why was there some dude named "the Deflator" and truckloads of incriminating ("ball tampering") text messages between him and Jastremski? You can whine about PSI all you want, it doesn't belie the fact that there was a mountain of incriminating evidence of cheating against the Patriots organization (including Tom Brady), yet again.

To the surprise of no one.

Hmm could it be that Roger knows of something much worse that the pats are guilty of but instead he punished them for deflating football? Who knows.

I doubt it but perhaps he does not want to waste time on anything like deflated footballs again.

Tom Brady made such a fuss over it when he knew he was guilty. He should've just accepted his punishment, owned up to his mistake like a man but instead he chose to turn it into a circus.

IMO the league does not want to go through that type of circus again. Perhaps the Giants and the Steelers or whoever was responsible just got a slap on the wrist.

I do not believe the cold weather would deflate footballs to that extent.

Yes I know cold weather causes deflation, we see it happening in our tires on our vehicles everyday taking on much more abuse. Any significant loss of air happens overtime, not in the matter of three hours tossing multiple footballs around.
    Tom Brady turned this into a circus? Who was the one who went to court? hint, it wasn't brady. And why should brady accept punishment for something he didn't do, and there was no evidence of him doing anything?

as far as the tire analogy, this STILL does not answer why two steeler footballs were measured by the giants in the second half and found to be around 11.5 PSI. This occurred DURING the game, not many hours afterwards. Sorry, your response doesn't work.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...11-4-11-8-psi/

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Make the NFL look bad for deflategate? Um......yeah. Since there was clearly no wrongdoing committed by any member of the Patriots organization, why did Kraft agree to forfeit their first round pick and agree to pay a one million dollar fine? Why did Brady obstruct the investigation by destroying his phone? Why was there some dude named "the Deflator" and truckloads of incriminating ("ball tampering") text messages between him and Jastremski? You can whine about PSI all you want, it doesn't belie the fact that there was a mountain of incriminating evidence of cheating against the Patriots organization (including Tom Brady), yet again.

To the surprise of no one.
    What truckloads of texts? There was ONE text where the guy called himself the deflator. That's it. This is why I hate talking to you guys about deflategate - you very uneducated in the actual facts.

and I'm done talking about deflategate. I'd rather discuss the broncos 2016 season where they missed the playoffs and have to search for a new coach. Have fun with Kyle Shanahan lol.

Tom Brady turned this into a circus? Who was the one who went to court? hint, it wasn't brady. And why should brady accept punishment for something he didn't do, and there was no evidence of him doing anything?

as far as the tire analogy, this STILL does not answer why two steeler footballs were measured by the giants in the second half and found to be around 11.5 PSI. This occurred DURING the game, not many hours afterwards. Sorry, your response doesn't work.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...11-4-11-8-psi/
    Uh yes it does. Do you think the Giants actually believe the loss of air was caused due to cold weather? Or are you saying they suspect the steelers to be guilty of deflating footballs?

Which is it Tommyboy.

then explain to me why 2 steeler footballs were deflated under the league minimum in the giants game from a month ago? the NFL has already ruled out foul play. I'm waiting.
    So you want me to pretend to know something about the Steelers footballs? lol Nah I'll leave the pretend games to Pats fans.

That has nothing to do with Bradys cheats or his Phones being destroyed to hide evidence or Bradys lack of full cooperation another failed deflection