Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    There are a lot of positives of Kyle becoming the next head coach the most important is that he can pickup right were Kubiak left of in finishing this offense. He has a history of working with below average quarterbacks and making them average. First and foremost, we obviously must turn this offensive line around. The zone block is built for smaller, more athletic guys. Kyle has a track record of making it work. I like the idea of him coming in a picking this thing up without making sweeping changes.

Kyle is young (37) and will be a first time HC. If he is willing to come in here and be open to atleast hearing and taking into account advice from those with more experience, he will be great. If Kyle comes in here like McDummy, being pompous and arrogant despite being young and a first time HC, and tries to clean house with the attitude of "my way or the highway", Kyle will not do well at all.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

I do not like how young Kyle is. With that said I would be cool with him as Head Coach if he keeps all the defensive coaches intact and completely rebuilds on offense.

IMO the following Offensive coaches need to be replaced

OC
    OL
    RB
    TE
    WR

The only development on offense I been happy with the last few years has been the QB...I know some people do not agree with this but it is how I feel.

IMO the WR evolution had more to do with PM than the coach. We need a guy like Terry Robiskie and what he did for Roddy White when he went to Atlanta. Roddy White was already a good talent but Terry Robiskie helped Roddy go to the next level. Terry Robiskie is now OC at Tenn. Not sure how much I like his OC resume but his skills as WR coach and what he did to help players get better as a position coach is what we seem to be lacking on offense imo
    "It's all of us that need to tone it down" - Rep Chris Collins - R New York

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I do not like how young Kyle is. With that said I would be cool with him as Head Coach if he keeps all the defensive coaches intact and completely rebuilds on offense.

IMO the following Offensive coaches need to be replaced

OC
    OL
    RB
    TE
    WR
    We desperately need better OL coach. This years OL was probably one of the worst, if not the worst, OL Ive ever seen us have. Theres 2 people, both former Broncos, Id love to see Elway give a call about one of them coming in to be the OL coach - Mark Schlereth and Tom Nalen.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Kyle has a lot of people to lean on in terms of advice and guidance. Which I feel he is going to need. He has a lot of good influences. The only thing I am apprehensive about is the workload and commitment adjustment. HC deals with a whole other slew of issues that sometimes have very little to do with football. That's where he's probably going to need some help.

If you watch any of his press conferences he's well spoken and has a confidence about him. That's going to be a huge factor in being able to motivate his players. Matt Ryan respects the hell out of Kyle and that is something that can't be taught.

Kyle makes me think of Mike Shanahan had he been a little more adapting and humble enough to accept criticism and build from it. Mike decided all too late to adjust his knowledge and now the game has passed him by. But that can be a huge resource for Kyle.

https://youtu.be/oOCAkZ1BD3E

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Kyle is young (37) and will be a first time HC. If he is willing to come in here and be open to atleast hearing and taking into account advice from those with more experience, he will be great. If Kyle comes in here like McDummy, being pompous and arrogant despite being young and a first time HC, and tries to clean house with the attitude of "my way or the highway", Kyle will not do well at all.
    He will have a lot less power than McDoof! And he will likely retain Wade (they were both in Hou and know each other) who can provide some veteran leadership and help him learn the ropes.

The question is, does he really want to be in Denver?

Personally, if I was him, I'd feel very uncomfortable working in a place where pops was fired, under a GM with whom pops fought, with a tremendous amount of pressure and expectations to field a championship unit right away, with pop's legacy of two SB's overshadowing as well. That's a lot for a young first-timer. I'm curious to know how he feels about it and what will happen.
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    He will have a lot less power than McDoof! And he will likely retain Wade (they were both in Hou and know each other) who can provide some veteran leadership and help him learn the ropes.

The question is, does he really want to be in Denver?

Personally, if I was him, I'd feel very uncomfortable working in a place where pops was fired, under a GM with whom pops fought, with a tremendous amount of pressure and expectations to field a championship unit right away, with pop's legacy of two SB's overshadowing as well. That's a lot for a young first-timer. I'm curious to know how he feels about it and what will happen.
    If Kyle Shanahan didnt want to be here and thought it would be to uncomfortable and/or to much pressure, he wouldnt have accepted an interview. He knows he is the hottest commodity for HC this offseason, so he could have turned our interview down and still would have no problem getting a HC job.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Kyle Shanahan through the years:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

Good illustrations. Football coaches always say, to each other anyway, that great players make them look like geniuses.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I think Kyle is the Real Deal, I saw him breaking down film on Countdown or Nfl network, and he has that offense "mastermind" thing going on like Pops did back in the day.

As long as we don't end up signing Vance Joseph, I can't stand the way he runs defenses. Way too soft and passive. Terrible fit for what we're trying to do here. Not really high on Kyle Shanahan either but at least he will keep his hands off the defense.

Keep Wade in Denver!

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

I think a lot of people are apprehensive about him being young based on the last experience with a young head coach Josh Mcdaniels, biggest difference here is we have John Elway who controls the GM part leaving the coach to just be a coach.

Haha, that's a great illustration.

IMO what Kyle did with RG3 was pretty good. If he was allowed to continue the development who knows where that would have gone.

Read an article where RG3 thought he was able to read a defense like Rodgers and wanted the offense to be run that way. The coaches did not think so and wanted to keep the offense simple for the qb. The article stops there but pretty easy to see the owner took RG3 side and the rest is history. The article does imply that one of the reasons RG3 took this path was because he thought it would keep him more healthy. Not sure if it would have helped even if he could actually read a defense the way he thought.

People forget for a year RG3 was considered a good QB...imo a lot of that was Kyle
    "It's all of us that need to tone it down" - Rep Chris Collins - R New York

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    If Kyle Shanahan didnt want to be here and thought it would be to uncomfortable and/or to much pressure, he wouldnt have accepted an interview. He knows he is the hottest commodity for HC this offseason, so he could have turned our interview down and still would have no problem getting a HC job.
    The biggest part of this decision for a first time HC imo should be the fit. Most first time HC are going to very krappy teams. He will be coming to 1 yr removed SB champion. With pretty darn good D already in place. Not to mention his boss I believe shares his offensive philosohy which should be a very good fit and he can retain Wade if he wants which I would think would make him very happy. Imo, I think this should be his #1 place to want to go and be successful

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD