Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    The Browns OC job was the first coaching gig he got that wasn't because of his Daddy. Its not like he went off and did his own thing. He leveraged his name and Dads relationships to get his jobs. So when people talk about his "vast OC experience" its a little much. He was a clipboard holder for Kubes and his Dad as they called plays. Although his Dad started working Kyle in more and more in that department.

Fact is Kyle has had 1 very successful year as an OC. Kyle may or may not be hired. But to say his resume is vastly superior to other candidates is a little far fetched. On paper? Maybe, but if you dig into the details its not.

His personality really scares me. I read him as a notch below McD in all phases. Including ego and X's & O's. We shall see. I trust Elway and team to make the right decision. If he is hired I will support him, but he has me skeptical.
    Kyle has had 1 successful year like you said. That's 1 more than Joseph. And I wouldn't call Joseph's successful. In reality, we don't know if either is ready. Let the Bronco brass do their due diligence and trust the process.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Yep. That's a ridiculous comparison. "Young, OC on the rise... Oh, they're the same!"

McDaniels only had 3 years of experience as an OC when he became head coach and all he has ever known is the Bill Belichick way. So, he tried to be Hoodie Jr. in Denver and control everything when there wasn't a strong GM in place. That's very different from the situation Kyle Shanahan would meet in Denver today with Elway in charge.

Kyle has been an OC for 9 seasons under 4 head coaches. He's much more experienced in the NFL than the 2009 version of McDaniels. Kyle has worked with his dad Mike, Gary Kubiak and Dan Quinn. At least Kubiak and Quinn are well known for being players' coaches and Kyle has seen how they take care of the roster.

I believe there's a good chance that Kyle has learned much better people skills than McDaniels during his years in the NFL. If we're comparing Kyle to Josh McDaniels in terms of football IQ, fine. But people skills, handling a locker room? I don't think so.

I am sure Elway would not even fly with his crew to Atlanta to interview Kyle if he knew Kyle is a jackass like McDaniels. The Broncos leaked Kyle Shanahan as a HC candidate 1 minute after the Kubiak press conference was over. If Elway is so much interested in Kyle, I have no doubt he believes Kyle has what it takes to lead a team.
    People are doing the same thing with Vance Joseph though. They're comparing him to Raheem Morris, but the only real links are both 1 year DCs and both coached in the secondary. Other than that they're pretty different.

And interestingly enough Raheem Morris is now the WR coach for Kyle Shanahan in Atlanta.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

The Browns OC job was the first coaching gig he got that wasn't because of his Daddy. Its not like he went off and did his own thing. He leveraged his name and Dads relationships to get his jobs. So when people talk about his "vast OC experience" its a little much. He was a clipboard holder for Kubes and his Dad as they called plays. Although his Dad started working Kyle in more and more in that department.

Fact is Kyle has had 1 very successful year as an OC. Kyle may or may not be hired. But to say his resume is vastly superior to other candidates is a little far fetched. On paper? Maybe, but if you dig into the details its not.

His personality really scares me. I read him as a notch below McD in all phases. Including ego and X's & O's. We shall see. I trust Elway and team to make the right decision. If he is hired I will support him, but he has me skeptical.
    Coaches use their network and connections like people in business. The main thing is what he learned and accomplished in each job. The name only goes so far and you have to demonstrate competence.

His name could have worked against him with his father let go by the Broncos. Other organizations could say, "He worked for his dad and it didn't go well in Washington...". Now teams are considering what he can bring to a team.

One of Kyle's goals was to study football to the extent that a player could ask him any question and he would be prepared to answer on the spot. That is servant leadership.

Listen to the recent Q&A:

http://mobile.atlantafalcons.com/med...e-8719f4e342e7

I hear a person that has worked very hard and learned some valuable lessons.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 01-06-2017 at 05:18 AM.

"Offensive Mastermind" is in his DNA!!!!

(Thanks Blondie!)

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    ...and he's 37 so he must be like McDaniels.
    Josh McDaniels only success was with the Patriot, Kyle Shanahan has been successful with other teams. Give me Tom Brady and with no Coordinator experience I can make Tom Brady look like Tom Brady, many other OC coaches for the PATs have.

And tell me. How many years has he had a plethora of talent to work with on the offense? The falcons is the only team he's had with a real quarterback. You're the one defending Vance based on the fact that he has no talent to work with. Therefore, you can't criticize Kyle for having average offenses when he had no talent to work with. At least he's proven to have had success when he has talent. That's more than Joseph can say because of his inexperience at the coordinator position.

That being said, there is more to a head coach than them being able to run an offense or a defense. As for which of these guys is the best leader, no one on here truly knows. We can only speculate based on the majority of media members being naive and/or biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    ...and he's 37 so he must be like McDaniels.
    Isn't that the most ridiculous argument people come up with? Lol. You can be a president of the United States at 35, but you must be too young to run an NFL franchise. Its about the person. Not about what age they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronoless View Post
    Josh McDaniels only success was with the Patriot, Kyle Shanahan has been successful with other teams. Give me Tom Brady and with no Coordinator experience I can make Tom Brady look like Tom Brady, many other OC coaches for the PATs have.
    I was being sarcastic.....

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Isn't that the most ridiculous argument people come up with? Lol. You can be a president of the United States at 35, but you must be too young to run an NFL franchise. Its about the person. Not about what age they are.
    I know. For some people it takes more years to gain the experience. For others it takes fewer. Nothing wrong with either as long as the coach/leader is effective. Kyle has accumulated a lot of experience at a relatively younger age - 9 seasons as OC. He set a goal to learn enough to be able to answer any players question on the spot. So he's put a lot into developing and applying what he's learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronoless View Post

I would be okay with them hiring Shanahan, but go look at his offenses scoring statistics, success has been fleeting in that department for his offenses. Lots of success between the 20's but not as much success in putting it in the end zone.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I would be okay with them hiring Shanahan, but go look at his offenses scoring statistics, success has been fleeting in that department for his offenses. Lots of success between the 20's but not as much success in putting it in the end zone.
    It's because it's more of a finesse offense then a power one and his rb are normally exactly power backs. You don't find backs who suit it that can get low enough to run with power. I think watching highlights and TDs on portis during his rookie year here is how low he could get on his td run and how many td he got because he was just so low it was impossible to stop him. I wanna find a speedster that runs like that again

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Just saying, that Shanny offense looks sweet

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    Has a top 10 QB, top WR, two top end RBs, and a top shelf line. He deserves credit, but talent matters.

Packers had the 31st ranked Pass D. There shouldn't be much surprise that the Falcons are lighting up the Packers Defense.

What's surprising is Rodgers and the Packers Offense has done a disappearing act since last week.

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    Is there going to be a comment every single time that the falcons offense looks good? They have a plethora of talent at every single spot. But it has very little to do with the ability to be a good head coach.