Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thank you John for putting the team first!

I would like to give John Elway a shout out and a thank you here but first I wanted to speculate a bit on who would be the right guy for the head coaching position and why so just hear me out.

It sounds really good and it looks really good on paper Kyle Shanahan and Bobby Turner come in here and install the zone blocking scheme with all the angle blocks. Something that the Kubiak regime should've done.

We all believe that with Kyle Shanahan possibly coming in here would keep Wade Phillips and this defensive staff intact which it might. But let me ask how many of our defensive coaches are going to want to take orders from little Shanahan?

Not only that but does he have the right personality to control some very big personalities and egos on this defense especially without Demarcus ware if he decides not to return?

This defense imposed their will upon the Denver Broncos locker room. Now we don't know what happened behind the scenes but with guys like TJ Ward, Aqib Talib and Von Miller, I'm not sure Kyle Shanahan a first-year head coach can control this locker room. Why would they listen to him?

I believe we need a strong willed extremely strong leader to control this team, an extremely strong leader that will hire a great offensive Coordinator to install his system and run his scheme without any interference.

That guy I believe could be a 47-year-old Vance Joseph. He is somewhat older than Kyle Shanahan and has the experience just as Kyle does but his age might just be the difference here. He was part of a championship Colorado buffalo team and can lead in an authoritative way to reach this young team.

I like the Kyle Shanahan scenario but I'm not sure he's right at the moment I think that's Joseph would come in and this defense wouldn't miss a beat.

I believe Vance would put the right offensive Coordinator in place to run this offense.

Now would this offense be dominant? I'm not sure but if you got somebody like Mike McCoy or Norv Turner I believe it would be.

However we don't need them to be dominant, we just need them to be above average and our defense will take care of the rest.

Right now in Denver and all over social media all Bronco fans are calling for Kyle Shanahan. Hopefully it doesn't influence the team any or detour Vance Joseph! Elway knows best and I am very great ful for that and I believe he will make the right choice for the right reasons even if the fan base doesn't understand!

Another thing I just want to send kudos to John Elway for putting the Broncos first before his friend.

We don't know what actually went down behind the scenes but if the rumors are true and Elway requested that Kubiak fire some of his friends but he just did not have the heart to do so, he decided to step down and so it kind of tells you who's more dedicated to the team.

Not to discredit Gary Kubiak but if Kubiak did put fRick Denison and Clancy Barone before the team will then we are very fortunate that he decided to retire. John Elway is for the Denver Broncos not the Gary Kubiak's and by the Gary Kubiaks I mean rick Denison, Clancy Barone and whoever else that needed to go.
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

What if, Kubiak refused to fire anyone and didn't resign?

Did Kubiak do his friend a favor by not daring Elway to fire him?

What if Elway didn't fire Kubiak and the whole staff returned?

It was just one season of missing the playoffs. It seems, if the rumors are true, that Elway could be in danger of turning the Broncos into a knee jerk organization.
    Whether you like Him or you don't like Him.....LEARN to love Him. Because He's the best thing going TODAY. Wooo! Wooo! Wooo! Wooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post

It was just one season of missing the playoffs. It seems, if the rumors are true, that Elway could be in danger of turning the Broncos into a knee jerk organization.
    I don't know but I think we'd have heard more about if that were true.

It's all media speculation about Gary refusing to release some of his close friends but if it is true, then we can all be greatful for John.

Now he did say that he and Joe Elis begged Gary to stay which I believe to be true and I know that Gary is not a petty person but I also know that he is very loyal and would put himself out before his friends.

Then he would have had to pray for a dramatic turnaround the next season. Back to back bottom of the league offenses this time chasing you to miss the playoffs. I think we went 1-4 in the playoff push after the bye week with that 4th loss eliminating us.

I wouldn't expect him to fire kubiak I would expect him to have some Marvin Lewis toe loyalty to him but when its that bad people get fired always no getting around it. If elway let It go on it would have been a major blow to his credibility and decision making to hire friends and let them do whatever.

As for a strong head coach...I do not think that is a good idea. Think we need a confident head coach who is good at handling people.

IMO the "strong" coaches we need are the position coaches and quality coaches. In particular imo we need someone who is good at teaching OL technique and good at teaching OL accountability and mental toughness. This does not have to be the same guy but imo this offense needs this upgrade.

I think a OL coach change was coming no matter what. Least I hope so. What really worries me is a Head Coaching change will allow Baronne to stay another year as OL Coach
    "You need the highs and the lows," he says. "Because if it gets this way" -- he draws a flat line in the air -- "it kind of feels like you're not really doing anything." - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    As for a strong head coach...I do not think that is a good idea. Think we need a confident head coach who is good at handling people.

IMO the "strong" coaches we need are the position coaches and quality coaches. In particular imo we need someone who is good at teaching OL technique and good at teaching OL accountability and mental toughness. This does not have to be the same guy but imo this offense needs this upgrade.

I think a OL coach change was coming no matter what. Least I hope so. What really worries me is a Head Coaching change will allow Baronne to stay another year as OL Coach
    I'd Rather keep Rick Denison on and move him to the offensive line coach (and that would be fatal) rather than keeping Clancy Barone. I hope this is not the case, the team needs to part ways with Clancy Barone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I would like to give John Elway a shout out and a thank you here but first I wanted to speculate a bit on who would be the right guy for the head coaching position and why so just hear me out.

It sounds really good and it looks really good on paper Kyle Shanahan and Bobby Turner come in here and install the zone blocking scheme with all the angle blocks. Something that the Kubiak regime should've done.

We all believe that with Kyle Shanahan possibly coming in here would keep Wade Phillips and this defensive staff intact which it might. But let me ask how many of our defensive coaches are going to want to take orders from little Shanahan?

Not only that but does he have the right personality to control some very big personalities and egos on this defense especially without Demarcus ware if he decides not to return?

This defense imposed their will upon the Denver Broncos locker room. Now we don't know what happened behind the scenes but with guys like TJ Ward, Aqib Talib and Von Miller, I'm not sure Kyle Shanahan a first-year head coach can control this locker room. Why would they listen to him?

I believe we need a strong willed extremely strong leader to control this team, an extremely strong leader that will hire a great offensive Coordinator to install his system and run his scheme without any interference.

That guy I believe could be a 47-year-old Vance Joseph. He is somewhat older than Kyle Shanahan and has the experience just as Kyle does but his age might just be the difference here. He was part of a championship Colorado buffalo team and can lead in an authoritative way to reach this young team.

I like the Kyle Shanahan scenario but I'm not sure he's right at the moment I think that's Joseph would come in and this defense wouldn't miss a beat.

I believe Vance would put the right offensive Coordinator in place to run this offense.

Now would this offense be dominant? I'm not sure but if you got somebody like Mike McCoy or Norv Turner I believe it would be.

However we don't need them to be dominant, we just need them to be above average and our defense will take care of the rest.

Right now in Denver and all over social media all Bronco fans are calling for Kyle Shanahan. Hopefully it doesn't influence the team any or detour Vance Joseph! Elway knows best and I am very great ful for that and I believe he will make the right choice for the right reasons even if the fan base doesn't understand!

Another thing I just want to send kudos to John Elway for putting the Broncos first before his friend.

We don't know what actually went down behind the scenes but if the rumors are true and Elway requested that Kubiak fire some of his friends but he just did not have the heart to do so, he decided to step down and so it kind of tells you who's more dedicated to the team.

Not to discredit Gary Kubiak but if Kubiak did put fRick Denison and Clancy Barone before the team will then we are very fortunate that he decided to retire. John Elway is for the Denver Broncos not the Gary Kubiak's and by the Gary Kubiaks I mean rick Denison, Clancy Barone and whoever else that needed to go.
    That may be true, but the team is looking for a HC not a DC. Are you implying that if Joseph was the hire, that Wade would retire?

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    That may be true, but the team is looking for a HC not a DC. Are you implying that if Joseph was the hire, that Wade would retire?
    No not at all I was implying that the two would maybe work well together but being that Joseph is a defense of guy he may want to put his own stamp on the defense it's really hard to say at this point but I guess whoever John chooses between Vance or Kyle if it comes down to them to I'd be OK with it.

I'd much rather keep weight as a defense of Coordinator than to have anybody else come in and mess with that side of the ball and John did say yesterday that they are not going to ignore the defense so hopefully that means something good for Wade.

I'd Rather keep Rick Denison on and move him to the offensive line coach (and that would be fatal) rather than keeping Clancy Barone. I hope this is not the case, the team needs to part ways with Clancy Barone.
    agreed

I have not been impressed with our TEs or OL since Barone has been in charge of those units
    "You need the highs and the lows," he says. "Because if it gets this way" -- he draws a flat line in the air -- "it kind of feels like you're not really doing anything." - John Elway

Those are a bunch of what-if's and frankly I think Kubiak is a smart enough guy to know Elway doesn't mess around with that sort of stuff. I also suspect that Elway and Kubiak had the "some of your guys aren't performing chat.." even after the SB win.

I do not see any of our 'knee jerk reactions' as being such. For the most part we have seen sound football decisions being made as a result of the analysis following a season of play. We are also seeing a GM wanting to maintain a winning culture so we can continue to attract top tier FA's and not need to pay a premium for them. This approach is a remarkable one and over the past 5 or so years has kept our fans spoiled.

At the end of the day though I think we will see Elway's pivot a bit. He will likely continue to lean towards a dominated defense and ST but will no longer ignore - for the most part our teams offense. I expect to see a little bit more balance.

My 2 cents on this whole situation:

I think Elway gave Kubes the choice to go out on his own terms or to be thrown out out of respect for him. I am so happy he is gone though.

What angers me is how we played on Sunday. I get we played an Oakland team missing their QB, but we still played just as well as any playoff team right now. To miss the playoffs by more or less 1 game is just disgusting, and I blame it on Kubes and Norwood. Now we get to watch Oakland get decimated in the playoffs (to be honest we could be the ones getting decimated).

What makes me a little relaxed is the fact that I don't have to be a nervous wreck during the playoffs this year, I can watch them in peace. We sadly have to cheer for KC nad PIT because those will be the only 2 teams who have a chance at beating NE*.

Lots of conspiracy theories here which are pure speculation. No mention of Kubiak's health issues, some of which are documented public knowledge.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Lots of conspiracy theories here which are pure speculation. No mention of Kubiak's health issues, some of which are documented public knowledge.
    I agree, I think Kubiak stepped down 100% due everything he stated in yesterday's press conference. I'm moving on.

No not at all I was implying that the two would maybe work well together but being that Joseph is a defense of guy he may want to put his own stamp on the defense it's really hard to say at this point but I guess whoever John chooses between Vance or Kyle if it comes down to them to I'd be OK with it.

I'd much rather keep weight as a defense of Coordinator than to have anybody else come in and mess with that side of the ball and John did say yesterday that they are not going to ignore the defense so hopefully that means something good for Wade.
    Why would anyone in their right mind remove a guy from his role as DC who has a top 10 defense in the league aND I'm many categoriES sits atop the league. Defensive minded coach or not. In addition as a franchise we have shown that winning is great but it is how you win. So if the new HC doesn't win or shows that with the clear talent we have on defense he cannot maintain its high level of play we've already shown we will happily part ways.

If you actually go through the stats, you'll find that as a coordinator Norv Turner hasn't had a dominant offense, or even a really good offense, since 91-93 with the Dallas Cowboys. Some of his players would not of even been alive the last time he was the coordinator of a good offense.

Add to that he just quit on his team in the middle of the season.

Norv Turner is so overrated that it's not even funny. He shouldn't be anywhere near the Denver Broncos.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."