Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Siemian's Size

At 6'3" and 205lbs, we might as well keep another QB on deck because he won't last a whole season, and we've already seen how he plays when he's hurt if he does make it though the season. He still looks like he has his "kid body", once he gets past 25 he'll get his "man body".
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

Siemian is 220 lbs, and he just lasted a whole season so...

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    "Lasted" a whole season is being generous. He played well given the circumstances but overall he left a lot on the field which a player who is a starter should not have. With the overall height, size and speed of some of the players now I am not sure that a guy like Trevor can hold up. I am fairly certain though that if we don't fix the line Trevor or whoever else is our QB next season will need a solid backup....

Siemian played hurt for a good part of the season, which is a credit to his toughness. And considering that this was the 1st season for a "2nd year" Siemian to Start an NFL game, or take a snap that wasn't a "kneel down" behind a pretty dysfunctional Offensive Line, I thought he did well. AND, we got to see 2 Starts from Lynch when Siemian was too hurt to play. Lynch's 2 Starts were certainly, ummm .................... "enlightening/illuminating" of what he has to offer for the future.

In today's NFL, and particularly in the AFC West, it's likely that most teams need two QBs to get through a whole season. It should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Siemian played hurt for a good part of the season, which is a credit to his toughness. And considering that this was the 1st season for a "2nd year" Siemian to Start an NFL game, or take a snap that wasn't a "kneel down" behind a pretty dysfunctional Offensive Line, I thought he did well. AND, we got to see 2 Starts from Lynch when Siemian was too hurt to play. Lynch's 2 Starts were certainly, ummm .................... "enlightening/illuminating" of what he has to offer for the future.

In today's NFL, and particularly in the AFC West, it's likely that most teams need two QBs to get through a whole season. It should be interesting.
    Definitely. Siemian played pretty well with what he had to work with. He was smart and tough, and showed a lot of promise. It's crazy how good the pass rush is in the AFCW now.

Definitely. Siemian played pretty well with what he had to work with. He was smart and tough, and showed a lot of promise. It's crazy how good the pass rush is in the AFCW now.
    It's actually not as good as you'd think. The Raiders ranked dead last (32nd) in the league in sacks in 2016, registering just 25. KC was 5th worst in the league (28th) with 28 sacks and San Diego was tied for 14th with 35 sacks. Denver of course tied for 1st with 42.

Now that doesn't show the true story, which would include QB pressures and hits, but it's fairly surprising how low KC and Oakland were in generating sacks last season.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It's actually not as good as you'd think. The Raiders ranked dead last (32nd) in the league in sacks in 2016, registering just 25. KC was 5th worst in the league (28th) with 28 sacks and San Diego was tied for 14th with 35 sacks. Denver of course tied for 1st with 42.

Now that doesn't show the true story, which would include QB pressures and hits, but it's fairly surprising how low KC and Oakland were in generating sacks last season.
    That's also surprising, considering some of the players the other teams have (Mack, Hali, Houston, Ingram, Bosa.) Houston being hurt didn't help KC much. I wonder if Aldon Smith will ever play again.

That's also surprising, considering some of the players the other teams have (Mack, Hali, Houston, Ingram, Bosa.) Houston being hurt didn't help KC much. I wonder if Aldon Smith will ever play again.
    Yeah, I was shocked when I looked at it. I thought Oakland was going to be fairly high. With the reports about Smith today, I can't see him ever playing a down in the NFL again. This might not be the one that does it, but to have this happen not even a week after saying that everything was behind him and nothing was going to get in his way, it's pretty obvious that he's going to do something that gets his chance taken away.

I can never understand this. These players have blank checks, especially when they're as talented as Smith, all they need to do is stay out of trouble for 10 years. That's it, just 10years staying out of trouble and their future is taken care of. But they can't do it. Even the drug thing isn't that difficult, first off don't do them. But if a player really wants to do them, the testing window is from April 20th to the end of training camp, if they don't test positive and they're not in the NFL drug program after they take 1 test in that window they won't be tested again for another year, yet we see these guys fail tests every year.

It's just that a majority of those sacks came against the Broncos. I might be exaggerating a bit, but the pass rush sure looked strong against our line! Siemian isn't the biggest guy and can use some weight room work, but he's a similar size to Smith and Carr. Decent protection is the key to his staying healthy. No QB is going to last being tossed around like a rag doll.

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    It's just that a majority of those sacks came against the Broncos. I might be exaggerating a bit, but the pass rush sure looked strong against our line! Siemian isn't the biggest guy and can use some weight room work, but he's a similar size to Smith and Carr. Decent protection is the key to his staying healthy. No QB is going to last being tossed around like a rag doll.
    Not every body is the same, and not everyone can take hits the same. Roethlisberger is 6'5 240 and constantly dinged up. Drew Brees is 6'0 209 pounds and rarely injured to the point where he'll miss games.

Games missed since 2005: Roethlisberger 20, Brees 2. But Brees' o-line hasn't been that much better consistently since 2005.

The o-line wasn't good this year, but the blame that it's taken has been bigger than it should be. It was not good and it led to some hits on Siemian. And Siemian led to some of the hits he took, both need to get better in 2017 for him to remain healthy.

Not every body is the same, and not everyone can take hits the same. Roethlisberger is 6'5 240 and constantly dinged up. Drew Brees is 6'0 209 pounds and rarely injured to the point where he'll miss games.

Games missed since 2005: Roethlisberger 20, Brees 2. But Brees' o-line hasn't been that much better consistently since 2005.

The o-line wasn't good this year, but the blame that it's taken has been bigger than it should be. It was not good and it led to some hits on Siemian. And Siemian led to some of the hits he took, both need to get better in 2017 for him to remain healthy.
    At the end of the day it is Newtonian laws. When a tall, heavy person like Big Ben gets hit he absorbs most of the impact, whereas a Drew Brees goes flying. Siemian could build some bulk but the reason that the Brady's, Brees' and PManning's of this world gets injured less is that they throw the ball earlier, read the plays and coverages faster and adjust.

Siemian did well he should get better. He will either improve so he is more Peyton than Brian Griese, or he will fail to lift the ship. He will not succed nor fail based on his physique, but based on his intellect and execution.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    At the end of the day it is Newtonian laws. When a tall, heavy person like Big Ben gets hit he absorbs most of the impact, whereas a Drew Brees goes flying. Siemian could build some bulk but the reason that the Brady's, Brees' and PManning's of this world gets injured less is that they throw the ball earlier, read the plays and coverages faster and adjust.

Siemian did well he should get better. He will either improve so he is more Peyton than Brian Griese, or he will fail to lift the ship. He will not succed nor fail based on his physique, but based on his intellect and execution
    Great post, I feel like he will improve as will his protection. The O-line improvement would help the running game which would help the passing game which would make Siemian look like a stud.

Or maybe I'm just hopeful...
    My adopted Bronco is Floyd "The Franchise" Little

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Siemian did well he should get better. He will either improve so he is more Peyton than Brian Griese, or he will fail to lift the ship. He will not succed nor fail based on his physique, but based on his intellect and execution.
    Not to mention a big part of it is just playing smart. Brees seems to have more of a Manning like understanding of how to avoid the big hits and get rid of the ball, where Rothlisberger holds onto it as long as possible and seems to make no priority of protecting himself on the field. When you play fearlessly and don't make a priority of protecting yourself obviously you're gonna get dinged up way more often.