Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Mine is Alvin Kamara, and Lewis from Michigan should be a STUD
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Joe Williams RB from Utah.

Raekwon McMillan LB Ohio St

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Not only that but teams are starting to use smaller quicker receivers to create matchup problems for these bigger corners. The top receivers are no longer the big 6'3+ 220+ guys but the smaller explosive athletes. Gonna need those smaller corners that are fluid in their movements to keep up.

I dont watch too many other teams but I seem Richard Sherman get destroyed by ty Hilton and tayvon austin (QB was off target with the throws) because they were fast.
    Agreed with what you have to say. My guess is people get fooled by the very few talib, Sherman, Patrick Peterson's out there and think that's what you need to be a top corner because they're the ones you hear about the most. When in fact, there are more of the under 6 footers still out there performing just as well. Well besides talib, because imo he was the best in the NFL this year. But, as I said, you aren't going to find more than a couple that are close to his size with his speed, agility and overall ability. So, 5'11 is definitely not something to scoff about when looking at a corner. At all. Sorry to be redundant to you about it since you agree lol

Anyway, to finish my last thought up, I suppose my biggest bewilderment to this idea is that we have a 5'11 corner whom I would only trade for a handful of other corners in the NFL, including a few corners that are under 6 ft and a 5'10 corner, in which I wouldn't trade for a single corner in the NFL and there are many who feel this way I believe.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 01-13-2017 at 05:55 PM.

For all the big corner people... I vividly remember people (myself included) jumping on the big corner hype trains of Pierre Desir, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Keith McGill, etc.. rarely do you find a lengthy corner with quick twitch, lockdown ability like Sherman, Talib, and Rhodes.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Mine is Alvin Kamara, and Lewis from Michigan should be a STUD
    Calling it right now, Kamara will be a dud at the next level unless he can drastically change his running style. He catches well, but almost all his runs are outside runs, and straight-ahead breakaways... pretty much no cut-back runs. Fournette has jukes for days and outweighs this guy by 30 lbs. Dalvin Cook has just as good of balance, but cuts back much more because he has significantly better vision

Kamara won't be able to outrun LBs to the edge like he did in college.

----

To the topic of the post, I think Chris Carson (RB) out of Oklahoma State is an interesting candidate in mid-late rounds. He seems to have good vision in traffic.
    Joe Williams (RB) from Utah is also interesting. A home-run hitter to be sure, great vision, speed, explosiveness... but the fact he left football voluntarily for a time definitely has me concerned.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 04-11-2017 at 03:40 PM.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Not really a sleeper hit, but it seems Haason Reddick could be a great hit for us. Or even Jabrill Peppers, both seem like they could be available at 20 and still be the BPA if we're really not drafting OT in the first.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I remember watching some Wisconsin games after we drafted Montee Ball and thinking "wow, James White is the better RB". Now I feel the same after watching Joe Williams running for Utah. Better RB than Devontae Booker. His commitment to football, though, seems questionable.

I will add George Kittle, TE from Iowa. Very good athlete despite being used as an in-line TE.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Avery Gennesy and Chad Kelly

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Zach Banner.

Huge olineman at 6'8 and 350+lbs. Played OT for USC but potentially an OG in the Pros. Compared to Trent Brown of the 49ers.

Proven himself to be a team leader and high character young man over the past few years. Multiple stories of his impact on the community and teammates. When the Trojans needed a big pre-game speech, he was the motivator called upon by the HC. Strong NFL bloodlines as his father is Lincoln Kennedy..

A USC fan, I will be watching to see where he goes and how he develops. If he can keep his weight in check and finds the right niche he has a chance. Would love to see the Broncos land him in the 4th or 5th round as a project.

I was shocked to see the broncos invited tyrique jarret for a visit. He was a sleeper of mine but I never bothered mentioning him because he doesn't fit the mold of our typical NT. I hope we draft him. Was impressed by his stamina for a guy his size.

Tanziel smart is probably hands down my favorite. If he were 6'5 with 35 inch arms he would be a first round pick in my opinion but lacks height and length so gets projected to the late rounds.

Tj Logan could make a great 3rd down back and return man.

Tarik Cohen cant teach what he does on the field I really want to see him return kicks. Another guy I think if her were 5'10 210 pounds would be a mid-late pick.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    I was shocked to see the broncos invited tyrique jarret for a visit. He was a sleeper of mine but I never bothered mentioning him because he doesn't fit the mold of our typical NT. I hope we draft him. Was impressed by his stamina for a guy his size.

Tanziel smart is probably hands down my favorite. If he were 6'5 with 35 inch arms he would be a first round pick in my opinion but lacks height and length so gets projected to the late rounds.

Tj Logan could make a great 3rd down back and return man.

Tarik Cohen cant teach what he does on the field I really want to see him return kicks. Another guy I think if her were 5'10 210 pounds would be a mid-late pick.
    New DC. We don't have a typical mold yet, I don't think.

Not really a sleeper but as a return man I think Adoree Jackson is going to have a big impact this year.

One of those players that stands out on the field and seems to always be making big plays. Depending on the players still on the board at #20 I would not be opposed to the Broncos reaching a bit for him. Perhaps he is a better fit if the rumored trading back scenario is true. He is most likely drafted at the end of the 1st or top of the 2nd.

This thread was started in January. Since then, the Combine and Pro Days have occurred and we're two weeks away from the Draft, so I don't know if "sleeper" applies any longer. I think a lot of attention to certain prospects has awakened.

Guys who have moved up include: Haason Reddick; Obi Melifonwu; Jarrad Davis; Adam Shaheen; Chris Godwin and Jalen Myrick.

If there are sleepers left, I'm sure NFL team scouts are keeping their mouths shut. The scouring of game tape and personal information about all prospects will continue right up to the Draft. I'm looking forward to it.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    This thread was started in January. Since then, the Combine and Pro Days have occurred and we're two weeks away from the Draft, so I don't know if "sleeper" applies any longer. I think a lot of attention to certain prospects has awakened.

Guys who have moved up include: Haason Reddick; Obi Melifonwu; Jarrad Davis; Adam Shaheen; Chris Godwin and Jalen Myrick.

If there are sleepers left, I'm sure NFL team scouts are keeping their mouths shut. The scouring of game tape and personal information about all prospects will continue right up to the Draft. I'm looking forward to it.
    Who cares about what the experts think...this is about our opinions.

I am with you, can not wait for the draft. Always fun to see how the teams actually feel about players when they have to put their money where their mouth is and select them. Love the infusion of talent into the League. Especially for the Broncos. If nothing else it will give us something new to discuss/ argue about around here.

Bucky Hodges is an early, early second round talent in my eyes, but is out of Mayock's top 5 and projected in the third. He had over 2100 receiving yards in 3 years, at 6'7" 257 pounds he ran a 4.58 and a 39 inch vertical. I want him in the second.

Josh Reynolds broke Mike Evans' touchdown record at Texas A&M, and was A&M's best receiver for all three years following JuCo. Reynolds is a value brand AJ Green in my eyes, and can likely be had with our later third round pick.

Curtis Samuel is not unkown, but in my eyes he is a less refined, but more explosive Christian McCaffrey.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16