Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    yeah he could but then again, if he didn't want to play in LA why would he request for that language to be put in his contract?
    Who knows? It's all hypothetical anyway. I'm just putting the facts out there, and as it relates to my team, bringing in Rivers for what it would cost, to me, aint worth it. He's the same age as Manning was when he came here, would cost more, and doesn't have nearly the same resume. If we got him without having to give up any picks like we did with Manning? Sure, why not. But that's not gunna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    Who knows? It's all hypothetical anyway. I'm just putting the facts out there, and as it relates to my team, bringing in Rivers for what it would cost, to me, aint worth it. He's the same age as Manning was when he came here, would cost more, and doesn't have nearly the same resume. If we got him without having to give up any picks like we did with Manning? Sure, why not. But that's not gunna happen.
    i don't disagree with that. i don't agree that it would cost as much as you think it would though, they wouldn't get a first and multiple second round picks for rivers at this stage in his career unless a team was really desperate and dumb lol

you don't give up that many high round draft picks for a QB that's only got 3-4 years left in the tank. so yeah, that's just another reason why rivers would never be traded, it's not worth it for the chargers either.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

i don't agree that it would cost as much as you think it would though, they wouldn't get a first and multiple second round picks for rivers at this stage in his career unless a team was really desperate and dumb lol
    https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/...ers-traded-him

I don't agree that's what he should be worth, but that's probably what it would take. Remember Palmer got a 1st and a 2nd and the Bengals were basically forced to trade him.

I just don't think trading draft picks for a vet QB rental makes sense. Manning was a FA, so his situation was totally different. It just cost money. You can't buy draft picks, so unless one of these vets that people are throwing around out there like romo etc. hit the FA market by getting cut, I think it's a mistake.

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/...ers-traded-him

I don't agree that's what he should be worth, but that's probably what it would take. Remember Palmer got a 1st and a 2nd and the Bengals were basically forced to trade him.
    Palmer was what age at that point? 30? it would be much more worth it for a QB that age than a 35+ year old QB. if rivers was 30 he would be worth that much if he was on the trade block but probably not now.

I just don't think trading draft picks for a vet QB rental makes sense. Manning was a FA, so his situation was totally different. It just cost money. You can't buy draft picks, so unless one of these vets that people are throwing around out there like romo etc. hit the FA market by getting cut, I think it's a mistake.
    like i said, i agree with this. but it depends what age we are talking about. a 30 year old veteran QB can last you 8-10 years, that would be worth it IMO if he was proven and not injury prone.

but like you said, it's better to just sign them via FA rather than give up draft picks for a QB that may only last you a few years. the point is, the rivers trade talk was garbage click bait from the very start.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

NFL will find its way back to SD. Chargers were there for decades, and while not the most successful, they made money. They'll be back. Only question is, if the Chargers in LA rebrand, will they revive the Chargers in SD again later like the Browns. Barf, what a disaster lol

Now watch, after all of these years of SB futility, all these Chargers fans jumping ship will watch the LA version rebrand and win a Super Bowl after they all gave up finally
    Maybe SD will be the fall back for the Raiders push to Vegas. That will be turned down and we will be facing the San Diego Raiders

Sorry, I couldn't help it!

San Diego developer contacts NFL, wants to build stadium with Raiders as target

Less than one month after the Chargers bolted San Diego, a developer in the city is already looking to replace them.
    Doug Manchester, who used to own the San Diego Union-Tribune, sent a letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell earlier this month saying that he had organized a group of associates and the group was looking to “construct a new 70,000-seat stadium” in Mission Valley, where Qualcomm Stadium currently stands.
    In the letter, which was obtained by the San Diego Union-Tribune, Manchester also added that the proposed new stadium would “provide an immediate alternative” for the Raiders if the stadium plan in Las Vegas were to blow up in their face.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sa...ers-as-target/

Yeah I think this all BLOWS! First, Seattle gets sent to the NFC, now San Diego and Oakland. San Diego in the Late 70s early 80s were one of the best and favorite teams, and an alltime Offensive Powerhouse with Fouts, Winslow, Joiner, Jefferson, Muncie ect. Keep Sandiego where they are, Raiders BELONG in Oakland, bring Seattle back, the Divisions where they were before, and while yer at it, bring back the damn uniforms Denver wore before 1997, Orange CRUSH!!!
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    San Diego developer contacts NFL, wants to build stadium with Raiders as target

Less than one month after the Chargers bolted San Diego, a developer in the city is already looking to replace them.
    Doug Manchester, who used to own the San Diego Union-Tribune, sent a letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell earlier this month saying that he had organized a group of associates and the group was looking to “construct a new 70,000-seat stadium” in Mission Valley, where Qualcomm Stadium currently stands.
    In the letter, which was obtained by the San Diego Union-Tribune, Manchester also added that the proposed new stadium would “provide an immediate alternative” for the Raiders if the stadium plan in Las Vegas were to blow up in their face.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sa...ers-as-target/
    my question in this.....where the hell was this guy before? sounds fishy to me.

Manchester isn’t only open to adding the Raiders though. If the Chargers should have change of heart about their move to Los Angeles, his group would welcome them back. In the letter, the group states that it would be “open to working with the Chargers, the Raiders, other NFL owners or a new ownership group.”
    i don't buy it.

my question in this.....where the hell was this guy before? sounds fishy to me.

i don't buy it.
    Yeah, seemed odd but everything is odd and unknown over there it seems. Where will the Raiders be? Is there still a chance for something else for the Chargers...... It's just all sad really.

Here's a question for ya Baph.....

Lets say the Chargers re-brand and this group starts up a new team and calls it the Chargers, (Ravens/Browns scenario), do you stick with the re-branded Chargers or lock on to the new team??? That would be odd......

Yeah, seemed odd but everything is odd and unknown over there it seems. Where will the Raiders be? Is there still a chance for something else for the Chargers...... It's just all sad really.
    i think the raiders are stuck in oakland for now without a new stadium. unless they figure something out in vegas i don't know what they can do. sure it's possible they can end up in SD but i think that has about as much of a chance to happen as a new stadium gets built in oakland.

they are going to need some serious financial backing no matter where their stadium is built and i don't buy that they have that in SD.

san diego has made it clear that they are not willing to help finance an NFL stadium but that could change over time.

Here's a question for ya Baph.....

Lets say the Chargers re-brand and this group starts up a new team and calls it the Chargers, (Ravens/Browns scenario), do you stick with the re-branded Chargers or lock on to the new team??? That would be odd......
    the chargers are not rebranding but if they did? yeah i would be done with them until a new charges team was born i guess but maybe not even then, who knows?

luckily i don't have to worry about that. my wish is eventually spanos sells the team and they move back to SD somehow.