Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    see ya, i agree with your post mostly but how can you just switch teams and have it be even remotely the same?
    Hey my phone is about to die I was wondering if you had a charger I could borrow...

Sorry man I'm just poking fun I know it's got to be devastating what you're going through right now but keep your head up.

NFL will find its way back to SD. Chargers were there for decades, and while not the most successful, they made money. They'll be back. Only question is, if the Chargers in LA rebrand, will they revive the Chargers in SD again later like the Browns. Barf, what a disaster lol

Now watch, after all of these years of SB futility, all these Chargers fans jumping ship will watch the LA version rebrand and win a Super Bowl after they all gave up finally

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    NFL will find its way back to SD. Chargers were there for decades, and while not the most successful, they made money. They'll be back. Only question is, if the Chargers in LA rebrand, will they revive the Chargers in SD again later like the Browns. Barf, what a disaster lol

Now watch, after all of these years of SB futility, all these Chargers fans jumping ship will watch the LA version rebrand and win a Super Bowl after they all gave up finally
    I can see it now.

Superbowl LV

Los Angeles Botox 30
    San Diego Chargers 13

MVP Philip Rivers shreds the Chargers defense for 424 yards and 3 TDs.

if the raiders relocate to vegas and it sure looks like they will, i don't see another team going to SD unless it's the chargers that move back unless we are talking multiple decades in the future.

that will pretty much be like having 4 teams in socal because the LA raider fans will just make the easy 4 hour drive to home games plus the 9th home game they will have with the chargers in LA (another reason why the chargers relocating to LA is dumb because its like having 3 teams in LA not 2).

also, the people of SD are going to need to agree to help build a team a stadium, something i have my serious doubts they will agree to. it's not like a team will relocate to SD to play at qualcomm

the people in SD are fools if they think a team is going to come to SD and build their own stadium like they expected the chargers to do. the NFL is gone forever in SD and the fans can either except that or over time get over it and make the easy less than two hour drive to inglewood to watch the chargers or rams play.

that's what the raiders fans will be doing, that's what a whole bunch of chiefs fans i know do, and that's what fans in SD will have to do.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Hey my phone is about to die I was wondering if you had a charger I could borrow...

Sorry man I'm just poking fun I know it's got to be devastating what you're going through right now but keep your head up.
    all good man, nothing you can say that can make me feel worse than i already do about it and it's still smack after all.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

I once switched teams. Worst mistake of my life. I was fooled into rooting for the local team and as a result I missed out on a dynasty. And now I'm stuck with bums. BUMS I tell ya BUMS!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I can see it now.

Superbowl LV

Los Angeles Botox 30
    San Diego Chargers 13

MVP Philip Rivers shreds the Chargers defense for 424 yards and 3 TDs.
    Heads would explode.

if the raiders relocate to vegas and it sure looks like they will, i don't see another team going to SD unless it's the chargers that move back unless we are talking multiple decades in the future.

that will pretty much be like having 4 teams in socal because the LA raider fans will just make the easy 4 hour drive to home games plus the 9th home game they will have with the chargers in LA (another reason why the chargers relocating to LA is dumb because its like having 3 teams in LA not 2).

also, the people of SD are going to need to agree to help build a team a stadium, something i have my serious doubts they will agree to. it's not like a team will relocate to SD to play at qualcomm

the people in SD are fools if they think a team is going to come to SD and build their own stadium like they expected the chargers to do. the NFL is gone forever in SD and the fans can either except that or over time get over it and make the easy less than two hour drive to inglewood to watch the chargers or rams play.

that's what the raiders fans will be doing, that's what a whole bunch of chiefs fans i know do, and that's what fans in SD will have to do.
    Why is the the case??? Kronke built his stadium without any city funds. So did Arthur Blank in ATL. It just need the right kind of owner to want to build a stadium in S.D. to get a team here. Maybe a owner like Shahid Khan who has plenty of money and gets tired of Jacksonville after a few more years. I'm sick over the way things went down here in S.D. but part of me if happy the people of S.D. didn't cave and give money to a billionaire to build his stadium. Its obvious he never really wanted to be in S.D. since he's spending way more money to leave then he was going to in staying.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
    Why is the the case??? Kronke built his stadium without any city funds. So did Arthur Blank in ATL. It just need the right kind of owner to want to build a stadium in S.D. to get a team here. Maybe a owner like Shahid Khan who has plenty of money and gets tired of Jacksonville after a few more years. I'm sick over the way things went down here in S.D. but part of me if happy the people of S.D. didn't cave and give money to a billionaire to build his stadium. Its obvious he never really wanted to be in S.D. since he's spending way more money to leave then he was going to in staying.
    the people in SD were not going to have to pay a dime unless they stay in a hotel in their home city and still said no to C, yet they want to purely blame spanos and the NFL for what happened?

oh, you want me to believe spanos never wanted to be there when it was the people of SD that very clearly said no to the chargers?

way to go, you stood up to the NFL because you refuse to make out of towners pay for your stadium....now enjoy not having the NFL in your city anymore, it's as simple as that.

the people in SD were not going to have to pay a dime unless they stay in a hotel in their home city and still said no to C, yet they want to purely blame spanos and the NFL for what happened?

oh, you want me to believe spanos never wanted to be there when it was the people of SD that very clearly said no to the chargers?

way to go, you stood up to the NFL because you refuse to make out of towners pay for your stadium....now enjoy not having the NFL in your city anymore, it's as simple as that.
    Might wanna take a few minutes to read this if you think you are all knowing on the situation.

http://chasingthedamncat.blogspot.co...o-los.html?m=1

Since you no longer live in SD I figured you need some enlightening on the subject. BTW I did vote yes on Prop. C but I knew going in it had no chance of ever getting the 66.6% it needed to pass.

And yes its as simple as that....Spanos was never serious about staying. He sees LA as a opportunity to make his franchise worth more money & is pretty much a laughing stock in LA now and nobody in SD will ever forget what he did. Best thing he can do is sell the team and go away and enjoy his money.

Might wanna take a few minutes to read this if you think you are all knowing on the situation.

Since you no longer live in SD I figured you need some enlightening on the subject. BTW I did vote yes on Prop. C but I knew going in it had no chance of ever getting the 66.6% it needed to pass.

And yes its as simple as that....Spanos was never serious about staying. He sees LA as a opportunity to make his franchise worth more money & is pretty much a laughing stock in LA now and nobody in SD will ever forget what he did. Best thing he can do is sell the team and go away and enjoy his money.
    Chargers tickets are gonna be what clippers tickets were forever, just a way for people to see their team, or stars of other teams for cheap. Its gonna become a real joke real quick.

Chargers tickets are gonna be what clippers tickets were forever, just a way for people to see their team, or stars of other teams for cheap. Its gonna become a real joke real quick.
    After the 1st couple games besides the Raiders game they won't even be able to sell out the stub hub center. Nobody in LA cares about the Chargers.

i'm not reading all that but what kills me is only 43% voted to keep the chargers, no matter how you or anyone else tries to spin it, that's 100% fact. IMO the chargers never had a chance to ever get a stadium built unless they went the padres route and went to the big dance the same year as the vote.

i'm not saying spanos or anyone else is innocent but to pretend like this was all a sham and the people of SD are innocent bystanders? that is a joke and a half.

there is a reason the chargers have struggled to get anything done in SD for the last 15 years and it isn't because that entire time spanos was just planning to move to LA.

if you believe that nonsense you have been had. here is the thing, i don't live in socal anymore, i live in a place where they actually support their teams and there is just a small amount of people that live here.

socal as a whole is garbage when it comes to sports and the people there do not support the teams unless they are winning, another well known fact.

many things factor into it and it all boils down to a large amount of people that live in SD just are not chargers fans or are not NFL fans. they are transplants from other parts of the country/world who already have affiliations to other teams or couldn't care less about football.

i mean, look at how embarrassing it was at charger home games last year? most of the chargers "fans" checked out in 2015 and before that. talk about an embarrassment?

oh but you want me to believe it's all spanos and the NFL's fault? it's spanos that botched the stadium initiative? do you people that live in SD think for yourselves? how many of you did i see claim that the NFL needs to build their own stadium? ive seen that opinion being stated constantly.

but here you are people of SD, not taking even a fraction of accountability for the chargers leaving even though the majority of people in SD said hell no to the chargers because they don't want to use any public money to help spanos and the chargers build a new stadium in SD for whatever reason.

you got gangster "hoteliers" directly in the mayors pocket, which is why he never endorsed the measure until the very end. you have a very corrupt local government there that absolutely had a hand in blocking measure C.

yet they are innocent in the hearts and minds of most of the SD chargers fans that are upset and upset they should be. they were let down by spanos sure, but also let down by their corrupt local government and a city that just couldn't get anything done to keep the chargers unless it was approved by the local gangsters that seem to run the town.

by the way, spanos cannot sell the team per league rules. you cannot sell a franchise within 15 years of relocation, but you knew that already didn't you?

oh well, at least we don't have to read idiotic threads made about a rookie melvin ingram being better than von miller anymore, that was god damn embarrassing as well. (sorry this is smack after all)
    Last edited by baphamet; 01-16-2017 at 05:05 PM.

After the 1st couple games besides the Raiders game they won't even be able to sell out the stub hub center. Nobody in LA cares about the Chargers.
    was it any different in SD when the raiders booed rivers in his own field because it was like 75% raiders fans? also, nobody cared about the clips for a long time because they sucked for a long time.

look at them now? all of a sudden people are starting to care, i wonder why?

if the chargers have success on the field people will start to come around and even if they don't, it's not much different than the limited fan support they had in SD anyways.

one last point....the rams and their supporters lasted how long exactly? half a season maybe? all that matters in LA is winning.
    Last edited by baphamet; 01-16-2017 at 05:07 PM.

mark my words.....there is going to be a lot of buzz around those games at the stub hub stadium because it will have an in your face college like atmosphere. you will be very close to the players and you will not get that kind of atmosphere anywhere else in the NFL.

it would be a lot more of a joke if they played at the coliseum, kind of like how it was at the Q last season. but honestly, things can't get any worse than they are right now, it can only get better.....

if the chargers win the fans will come, just like anything else in LA or socal for that matter.