Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    My feeling on this is that Siemian was instructed and had beaten into his head since he was drafted here to not turn the ball over. Then Sanchez got cut for it. I think Trevor was following the designed plays and throwing to his reads that are open. I agree with you that it's more than a little ridiculous to expect a 7th round, 2nd year QB, playing injured to start pump faking safties, moving DBs with his eyes, and changing routes to create natural picks and screens.
    I actually think that is hard for any QB to do and not a valid expectation. We need guys to run first down routes or a route that runs them into a first down almost immediately. Brady throws check down routes too. Of course he isn't always trying to complete 3rd and 7+ yds. That is why we have to get more yardage on 1st and 2nd down, or a more valid run offense.
    Last edited by WYBRONCO; 01-26-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    My feeling on this is that Siemian was instructed and had beaten into his head since he was drafted here to not turn the ball over. Then Sanchez got cut for it. I think Trevor was following the designed plays and throwing to his reads that are open.
    I don't get why coaches do something like this instead of cutting the QB loose and letting him play. I don't understand this way of developing QBs by making them gun-shy passers. Like John Fox instructing Tebow to "beach it". Let the guy play. If he's good, he will throw a bunch of touchdowns. If he's a turnover machine, he's not the answer. I just don't know how you can tell what you really have at QB when you hold the guy back like that. Let it rip. The good ones will rise, the not-so-good ones will fall.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I don't get why coaches do something like this instead of cutting the QB loose and letting him play. I don't understand this way of developing QBs by making them gun-shy passers. Like John Fox instructing Tebow to "beach it". Let the guy play. If he's good, he will throw a bunch of touchdowns. If he's a turnover machine, he's not the answer. I just don't know how you can tell what you really have at QB when you hold the guy back like that. Let it rip. The good ones will rise, the not-so-good ones will fall.
    I'm not sure Fox needed to say that to Tebow, if he lets Tebow throw it there's a 51% chance no one is getting near the football.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

It seems to me that we have two bright Qb prospects in camp and people are always putting one or the other down. I think Siemian's stats was pretty good being a first year starter and I thought everyone knew when we drafted Lynch that he would need a red shirt year or two! Come on people give them both a chance to learn and improve!
    Mecklenburg has a right to his opinion but has no right to put down Siemian for doing pretty good job under the circumstances. Arron Rodgers had 4 or 5 red shirt years and I think he did pretty good! lol