Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasKrista View Post
    I like many women have been the victim of a sexual assault.
    Mine was brutal, violent and horrifying. I could have been murdered. I was stabbed and beaten.

Anyway.. I have very mixed feelings about this. I sort of think predatory behavior doesn't just go away or get better. I am sure there are professionals who would tell me how wrong I am about that.

I also understand what I went through is not anything like what Joseph is accused of although all sexual assault is somewhat violent in my opinion.

I also recognize that many men get accused of this, and some of them are actually innocent.

I just wonder why Elway hired him knowing his history. I'm not sure it's worth it to be quite honest. It brings a lot of controversy and drama.
    So sorry to hear about this. Keep your chin up. Glad you have devised a way to defend your home and self. Luck of the draw on these types of things. If anyone decides to mess with you again will regret it - if their brain is still in their head when you're done with em
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I read somewhere. Denver Post I think ..... that Joseph claims the reports were false...... but at the same time claiming how disappointed and embarrassed he is and how much he's matured since then. Contradictory if you ask me. On one hand he says it didn't happen... on the other he says in so many words he's older now and that wont happen again

It's troubling. It's somewhat minor in the grand scheme of the offense 'Sexual Harassment' but still ...

I highly doubt this type of behavior would ever happen again by him, but the distraction of it ........ sucks. And what if players have trouble respecting him over something like this... Lets hope it doesn't effect the team and his ability to do his job
    You mean this?.... Yes, it is very contradictory. Weird.

Joseph had never publicly addressed the allegations before Wednesday, when, in an interview with The Denver Post about the team and his recent coaching hires, he said the claims of sexual assault “are false.”

“That was resolved a long time ago,” he said. “For myself, for my family, for the Denver Broncos, I’m disappointed and embarrassed. I was a young guy and it showed to my immaturity and irresponsibility in my life when I was younger. But I’ve grown so much and that’s why I’m disappointed, because I’ve grown so much as a person, as a coach, as a father, as a husband.

“Everyone who knows me knows that I try to live my life the right way, and I regret that my name is even associated with this.”

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/18...oach-comments/
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Shaun King must have changed his name or alias to now write for NY Post instead of NY Times.

Similar hush money was paid in Peyton's case too but multiple women vs 1 woman makes it a different situation, IMO.

America wants people to have second chances but at the same time wants to continue to judge a person for a transgression that happened 15-20 years ago when their behavior since then hasn't given people any indication of a repetitive pattern of their alleged bad behavior from the past.

I choose to give VJ the benefit of doubt and the second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
    Shaun King must have changed his name or alias to now write for NY Post instead of NY Times.

Similar hush money was paid in Peyton's case too but multiple women vs 1 woman makes it a different situation, IMO.

America wants people to have second chances but at the same time wants to continue to judge a person for a transgression that happened 15-20 years ago when their behavior since then hasn't given people any indication of a repetitive pattern of their alleged bad behavior from the past.

I choose to give VJ the benefit of doubt and the second chance.
    People seem to only want to give second chances after they've spent enough time tearing them down, then a little bit of time ridiculing anyone who thinks of giving that person a second chance, and then finally they'll be on board with a second chance.

Not talking about this case, but more in general.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Has this been a big story in the local news? I only know because of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNTemecula View Post
    Has this been a big story in the local news? I only know because of this thread.
    Not really a big story at all. Locally I do not think it was even mentioned during the interview process. Perhaps it should have been? Not until after he was hired did the story come out. .

Interesting timing, wouldn't you say? Curious why it wasn't reported a week earlier? Not enough impact?

Certainly controversial in today's climate. Obviously should not have done what he did. But in the end he understood "no means no". He left. He had no charges against him. Everyone moved on from an unfortunate incident until after he was hired. Then the provocative headline by the Boulder reporter?

EDIT- Been thinking about my earlier response and this topic. I did not want to come off as flippant concerning a highly complex and emotional topic. I do not mean to offend or minimize the criminal experiences that have been expressed by some. Sexual assault is not to be taken lightly. The life long emotional impact should never be dismissed or trivialized. In my line of work I have seen the impact and recoveries of some amazing young women and men that have been victimized. Also seen the efforts that it has taken.

My concern comes from the murky waters of the definition of "sexual assault" and how we address it. IMO there is a difference between sexual assault and bad behavior. Between an attack and inappropriate pass that adults deal with. The lines are blurry. We have changed the definitions and the responses over the years. In all fairness, I think there has to be an acknowledgement of those changes.

A failed pass in a college dorm from 20 years ago can not be compared to today's culture of signing an agreement before you hold hands or kiss that exists on colleges across America. Different time and culture.

I can only think of my own anecdotal experiences. And how differently it looks from the prism of today's standards. In my early 20's I ran with a wild crowd. Whether on leave or visiting friends at colleges in my early 20's.

One that comes to mind is the exact type of situation that Joseph i accused of. Only reversed. I was the one that had a drunken naked and very insistent visitor to my room. I had a girlfriend and told her "no". Some bruised egos and awkward moments the next morning but I never considered it sexual assault. Or her to be a "sleazeball". Should I?

And before the comments come about the power dynamic being different for men and women. I also had the experience of a older supervisor in one of my jobs in my late 20's hit on me on a couple of occasions. Both at the office and at a company retreat. Again said no, She was married and I again was in a relationship. Again an awkward conversation or two but that was the end of it.

A couple years ago, I heard through the grapevine that she was taking over a prestigious government agency in Los Angeles. It never crossed my mind to report her for her behavior 20 years later. To hire Gloria Allred and attempt to ruin her reputation or career. Should I?

I bring up these points to only open the discussion of perspective and motive. Not defending Joseph's behavior. He made a mistake. But career ending? JMO but every time we expand and twist the definition of sexual assault is, it undermines the cases that truly need to be prosecuted. I do not know what that line in the sand is but I think we need to be aware that it is there.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 02-02-2017 at 11:32 AM.