Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    The harmonious balance of both should always be the standard.
    Yeah, I agree with this. Last week the playoff games were really quirky. KC was in a position to tie the game and had momentum, but lost weirdly. The Cowboys looked like the better team, but Aaron Rodgers pretty much won that game. The Texans and the Seahawks couldn't really do enough on Offense, they were beaten by better teams. I think the Falcons win next week just because I doubt that Aaron Rodgers can be that dominant again. I don't know about Steelers@Patriots. I don't think either team has looked all that great so far.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Fair enough, but it's the playoffs where everything is stepped up a notch. I just feel like Atlanta's defense, Pittsburgh's defense have improved as the season has moved forward. Both of those defenses have their work cut out for them this weekend, no doubt. I'll believe in the defense a little more if the Pats can shut down Bell, Brown and company. I think this could be the game where they may be wishing they still had Collins & Jones.
    Guess we will find out this weekend won't we?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Sure they are. They are rated 25th or below in every major defensive category.

Now New England on the other hand...
    Atlanta's regular season stats are low however they had to play some high scoring teams.

They held the Seahawks and Wilson to 223 pass yards, 2 TD and 2 INT. They held them to 101 yards rushing and 49 came from Wilson.

What matters is how they do in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Atlanta's regular season stats are low however they had to play some high scoring teams.

They held the Seahawks and Wilson to 223 pass yards, 2 TD and 2 INT. They held them to 101 yards rushing and 49 came from Wilson.

What matters is how they do in the playoffs.
    Yes but see my post above where seattles offense is one of the worst on the road. GB will be an entirely different story.

Atlanta does it to Green Bay then I'll be impressed. Until then I'm not buying it

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Interesting, I'm listening to Boston sports media right now and they are saying their defense is not as good as their stats and that because they have played crappy teams all year they are worried about this AFCCG against the Steelers.

A little off topic but they were also saying that Brady has not done well in the playoffs and has thrown 27 INTS in 22 playoff games. Just sayin because I'm hearing it right now.
    Not sure why they are worried. Steelers will be carved up, per usual against the Pats.

In 9 road games including the playoff game Seattle scored 16.1 ppg

Doesn't exactly scream stellar

New England's defense is exceptional. They lost their two best players and still thrive.

I think Elite D's win championship. Looking back on this season, was there really an elite D? Our D took a step back compared to our previous year. Vikes in the beginning looked like they would but dropped off. Houston and Chiefs D was real good but not elite. So my belief is if you don't have an elite D like Denvers the previous year, Seattles 2012, Steelers, or the Ravens then you won't win without having a good offense.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    New England's defense is exceptional. They lost their two best players and still thrive.
    Sep 11 @ARI W 23-21
    Sep 18 MIA W 31-24
    Sep 22 HOU W 27-0
    Oct 2 BUF L16-0
    Oct 9 @CLE W 33-13
    Oct 16 CIN W 35-17
    Oct 23 @PIT W 27-16
    Oct 30 @BUF W 41-25
    Bye
    Nov 13 SEA L31-24
    Nov 20 @SF W 30-17
    Nov 27 @NYJ W 22-17
    Dec 4 LA W 26-10
    Dec 12 BAL W 30-23
    Dec 18 @DEN W 16-3
    Dec 24 NYJ W 41-3
    Jan 1 @MIA W 35-14

A exceptional defense against a weak, a very weak schedule. They beat Pittsburgh without Big Ben, and toughest team they played imo is Seattle and lost that game at home.

Sep 11 @ARI W 23-21
    Sep 18 MIA W 31-24
    Sep 22 HOU W 27-0
    Oct 2 BUF L16-0
    Oct 9 @CLE W 33-13
    Oct 16 CIN W 35-17
    Oct 23 @PIT W 27-16
    Oct 30 @BUF W 41-25
    Bye
    Nov 13 SEA L31-24
    Nov 20 @SF W 30-17
    Nov 27 @NYJ W 22-17
    Dec 4 LA W 26-10
    Dec 12 BAL W 30-23
    Dec 18 @DEN W 16-3
    Dec 24 NYJ W 41-3
    Jan 1 @MIA W 35-14

A exceptional defense against a weak, a very weak schedule. They beat Pittsburgh without Big Ben, and toughest team they played imo is Seattle and lost that game at home.
    I thought they lost that Houston game 27-0 at home?

Sep 11 @ARI W 23-21
    Sep 18 MIA W 31-24
    Sep 22 HOU W 27-0
    Oct 2 BUF L16-0
    Oct 9 @CLE W 33-13
    Oct 16 CIN W 35-17
    Oct 23 @PIT W 27-16
    Oct 30 @BUF W 41-25
    Bye
    Nov 13 SEA L31-24
    Nov 20 @SF W 30-17
    Nov 27 @NYJ W 22-17
    Dec 4 LA W 26-10
    Dec 12 BAL W 30-23
    Dec 18 @DEN W 16-3
    Dec 24 NYJ W 41-3
    Jan 1 @MIA W 35-14

You have an interesting valid point. And they allowed 31 at home to Seattle which was seattles highest road total of the season. And I've been personally bashing seattles offense in our discussion about Atlantas defenses. So I can't argue that but then act like it's not concerning for New England.

We only scored 3 on them but we were moving the ball until the poorly dialed up out route on first down to start the second quarter that wound up in a pick. Then the wheels fell off.

I think largely I agree there is no one left in the playoffs that qualified because of their defense.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    No that was Buffalo 16-0 the next week when Brisett started.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Brady's first game back was against Cleveland and a rookie QB Cody Kessler. They went 3-1 without Brady, and definitely lost to the Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    No that was Buffalo 16-0 the next week when Brisett started.
    Don't get me wrong bro, I'm not saying Pittsburgh is going into New England and winning that game. My point is the AFC as a whole is down this year. It would've been interesting to see what the Raiders could've done with a healthy Carr. As far as New England goes, when a WR named Hogan is your playmaker then it's pretty bad lol. This isn't the strongest NE we've seen by far.

Don't get me wrong bro, I'm not saying Pittsburgh is going into New England and winning that game. My point is the AFC as a whole is down this year. It would've been interesting to see what the Raiders could've done with a healthy Carr. As far as New England goes, when a WR named Hogan is your playmaker then it's pretty bad lol. This isn't the strongest NE we've seen by far.
    The AFC has been down for a half a decade except for when the Broncos get home field over the Pats.