• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charlie Brown
    King of the Echo People
    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    stop right there....fickle fan? do you know what that term means? it doesn't mean to accept just about anything, it means to easily switch allegiances, loyalties, and interests.
    I felt it was accurate since you remained a Charger fan even though they relocated to LA. Sure, they may still be in the state but they have been a fixture in San Diego for decades and that is their home. Like I said, as a Charger fan you have heard the San Diego Super Charger song - that song will probably be discontinued since they aren't exactly in San Diego anymore. I'm sorry that I angered you by calling you a fickle fan. I figured you would be angry over what happened and would move on - like I have.

i also remember when you said you boycotted the browns, meaning you were a fan of the "imposters" at one point but just couldnt take the losing and ineptitude anymore.
    Yes, I did boycott the team when they drafted Johnny Manziel. The second they drafted him was when I first stepped away. During that boycott they changed their jerseys and as far as I am concerned, that is when the team died. They were already a cheap imitation - but the second that jersey changed they were impostors to me.

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Why does Charlie even bother talking football? Lol, the team you once loved is gone, and it's never returning. Jim Brown isn't coming out of retirement even though you probably never seen him play. Bernie Kosar isn't coming back, the uniforms are what they are, the owner is who he is. Your version of the Browns are gone, gone forever lol. Did you watch the drive? The fumble? The 89 afc championship broncos vs browns? I'm not talking YouTube, I'm talking about watching those games live?
    I was too young for the Drive and Fumble. But, was not too young for the 1989 Championship Game. I also was not too young for the Vinny Testaverde and Eric Metcalf days. Why do I bother talking football? Well, overall, I hate football. You are right the team that I once loved is gone and is never returning. The uniforms are gone, etc. I guess you could say I like to voice my displeasure. I guess you could say if there is anyone that feels the way I do, it would be Randy Quad in Major League 2.

Last edited by Charlie Brown; 02-14-2017, 08:30 PM.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• baphamet
      Family Trust Beer
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
      I felt it was accurate since you remained a Charger fan even though they relocated to LA. Sure, they may still be in the state but they have been a fixture in San Diego for decades and that is their home. Like I said, as a Charger fan you have heard the San Diego Super Charger song - that song will probably be discontinued since they aren't exactly in San Diego anymore. I'm sorry that I angered you by calling you a fickle fan. I figured you would be angry over what happened and would move on - like I have.
      i already explained to you the huge difference. lots of people are mad at the chargers owner but the reality is san diego and the people that vote there are just as guilty of the chargers leaving, if not more so.

san diego is a very corrupt town from a local government standpoint. you have "hoteliers" that are in the pockets of the mayor and other local politicians that campaigned against the chargers stadium initiative.

the chargers tried to stay and get a stadium deal done and the city of san diego said hell no, they are demanding that the NFL pay for their own stadium.

this is why san diego is very likely never getting an NFL team again, nobody is going to relocate to san diego just to have to pay to build their own stadium.

the vast majority of new NFL stadiums are not privately funded yet san diego thinks they have the leverage to demand it?

the browns left in the middle of the night and didn't even give their fans a chance to keep the team, do you not see the vast difference there?

like i said, had the chargers rebranded when they moved to LA i would be without a team right now, another huge difference between the charges and browns relocation details.

oh and that song........good riddance! never liked it.
      Last edited by baphamet; 02-15-2017, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Charlie Brown
        King of the Echo People
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        i already explained to you the huge difference. lots of people are mad at the chargers owner but the reality is san diego and the people that vote there are just as guilty of the chargers leaving, if not more so.

san diego is a very corrupt town from a local government standpoint. you have "hoteliers" that are in the pockets of the mayor and other local politicians that campaigned against the chargers stadium initiative.

the chargers tried to stay and get a stadium deal done and the city of san diego said hell no, they are demanding that the NFL pay for their own stadium.

this is why san diego is very likely never getting an NFL team again, nobody is going to relocate to san diego just to have to pay to build their own stadium.

the vast majority of new NFL stadiums are not privately funded yet san diego thinks they have the leverage to demand it?

the browns left in the middle of the night and didn't even give their fans a chance to keep the team, do you not see the vast difference there?

like i said, had the chargers rebranded when they moved to LA i would be without a team right now, another huge difference between the charges and browns relocation details.

oh and that song........good riddance! never liked it.
        You didn't have to explain yourself again. I understood the first time. As I said, I'm sorry that I angered you by calling you a fickle fan. Like I said, I thought you would be angry over it.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
        X