Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Cleveland Browns

Have 108 million dollars to spend in free agency... Wow

And odds are majorly in favour of them not turning that team into a winner after spending it. Washington better franchise Cousin's again, cause if they don't he's going to get a massive offer from the Browns.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

According to Over the Cap, it's actually $109.5 million. The 49ers also have $81 million in space, perhaps Shanahan pushes for them to try and sign Cousins?

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

That was my first thought when I seen how much the 49ers had to spend. I could also see them going after Brandon Marshall

Scary how much better the Patriots can get with that much cap space

Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    Scary how much better the Patriots can get with that much cap space
    The Patriots never, well almost never, spend big in free agency. They let other teams spend all of the money and then they'll swoop in an trade for veteran reclamation projects or sign lesser known free agents who will "do your job" and ask for little fanfare in doing so.

What's amazing though is that, the Patriots have that much cap space but they still traded away two of their best pass rushers because they didn't want to pay them the going rate to keep them off from free agency.

Browns will have to shell out some cash for Collins though. He is a beast and they traded for him. But yes, they have a boat load of cap space.

Really not fair teams not spending up to 50mil and then being able to roll it over.
    Should be easy... tank don't spend money then go nuts on the money from the year before

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Really not fair teams not spending up to 50mil and then being able to roll it over.
    Should be easy... tank don't spend money then go nuts on the money from the year before
    well in Clevl;ands case it is worse than that. Don't spend and roll-over the cap dollars then trade away a few good players and tank the season and then pick no 1 overall PLUS have mega bucks in FA.

No, the roll over aspect does not bother me at all because it is something all teams are able to take advantage of though I would be in favor with how much a team can roll over.

Cleveland's problem is management. They continually make poor mistakes in the draft and in FA. When they do get quality players like Joe Thomas or Terrelle Pryor, it is not enough to make a difference - or guys like Josh Gordon and Manziel... well... enough said.

The bigger problem with teams like Cleveland who end up with lots of funds and a weak FO is how they can hurt the market in FA by overvaluing and over playing players. It drives up the market almost artificially. So an inept team can do horribly, hurting their own franchise. Then they sit on huge reserve of funds and can go out and hurt the rest of the league with bloated contracts. They start their cycle of mediocrity again but the rest of the league is left to adjust to the new norms of salary cap hell.

Not a fan #Sad

If the Browns draft Garrett and sign Collins tbat defence is going to be a lot better in 2017, I also think they draft Deshaun Watson with their second first rounder

If the Browns draft Garrett and sign Collins tbat defence is going to be a lot better in 2017, I also think they draft Deshaun Watson with their second first rounder
    I think they will get Garrett and Cook personally. I think they roll with RG3 1 more year.

The Brownsare gonna have to overpay big time to get free agency to go play for that disaster.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    The Brownsare gonna have to overpay big time to get free agency to go play for that disaster.
    The bad thing is that will saturate the market.

Between Kizer, Trubisky, and Watson, you might as well be throwing darts blindfolded, IMO. Using a dartboard with no bullseye. Right now, I'd rather have Trubisky, but I don't even think he's worth a first day pick.

Given their current regime's QB track record, I wouldn't be surprised if you're right, though.

I would try to use all of that money to get a quality quarterback in FA, and if not roll with Kessler. Problem is Kessler's going to have CTE before the end of next season, if they pass protect like they did last year. It's a shame, because Kessler's been better than expected.