Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Remember there is a rolling cap floor that must be met also. I don't remember the exact number. It forces Cleveland and San Francisco to spend a ton this year. The problem with that is, if you miss on you free agency spending spree and pay for overpriced junk (Julius thomas) that doesnt pan out and you have to cut sooner than expected, it can put you in cap hell super quick (see Dallas Cowboys the past 5 years)

No sense of the Browns drafting a QB until they can protect a QB. Every QB they had last year got hurt last year. They had so many hurt at once they had Charlie Whitehurst playing lol. Unless they draft say a Watson and sit him for awhile. They better draft correctly, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    No sense of the Browns drafting a QB until they can protect a QB. Every QB they had last year got hurt last year. They had so many hurt at once they had Charlie Whitehurst playing lol. Unless they draft say a Watson and sit him for awhile. They better draft correctly, though.
    They still have Thomas and plenty of money to spend I think they'll strengthen significantly in FA

Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    They still have Thomas and plenty of money to spend I think they'll strengthen significantly in FA
    I'm well aware bud, I live in Browns country. Let's see if Hugh Jackson can get any noteworthy free agents to come to Cleveland. Maybe some of those Bengals he coached down I71?

If the Browns draft Garrett and sign Collins tbat defence is going to be a lot better in 2017, I also think they draft Deshaun Watson with their second first rounder
    Greg Williams is a very good DC (although he's also a dirtbag) he'll get that D playing better.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Remember there is a rolling cap floor that must be met also. I don't remember the exact number. It forces Cleveland and San Francisco to spend a ton this year. The problem with that is, if you miss on you free agency spending spree and pay for overpriced junk (Julius thomas) that doesnt pan out and you have to cut sooner than expected, it can put you in cap hell super quick (see Dallas Cowboys the past 5 years)
    They should be okay with that, for most of the contracts they sign this year, because they have so much cap room this year. Rather than a signing bonus (which would be spread out over the length of the contract, or first 5 years if it's longer than that) they can give players roster bonuses this year and take a big cap hit this year, use the cap space and then if things don't pan out, not be on the hook for massive cap penalties later.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Mary Kay Cabot
    Mary Kay Cabot Verified account ‏@MaryKayCabot

#Browns are close to reaching a new deal for Pro Bowl linebacker Jamie Collins.

Scary how much better the Patriots can get with that much cap space
    The pats have A LOT of their own players to sign that are due some big contracts.

The Browns will probably be our biggest competition for offensive linemen. It will be all about if guys wanna come to a contender or just follow the money. That's why I think we need to just extend Okung and get 2-3 of those good young FA guards in her early. We need to get a LG and RT signed before the Browns set the market.

How about this?

Extend Okung to play LT
    Invite Whitworth, Zeitler, Lang, Warford in on Day 1 of FA. Convince Whitworth to play RT for a contender, then focus on getting one of the guards signed.

After that FA will be gravy.

The Impostors should just do everyone a favor and change their team name and/or relocate to London.

They aren't the Browns, the Browns have been gone for years. They are a cheap imitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    The Impostors should just do everyone a favor and change their team name and/or relocate to London.

They aren't the Browns, the Browns have been gone for years. They are a cheap imitation.
    You're a cheap imitation of a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    You're a cheap imitation of a fan.
    I'm not a fan.

I am a fan of the Cleveland Browns. The Cleveland Browns died in 1995.

I'm a fan of a team that used to exist. Just like all those Houston Oilers fans. Or, those St. Louis Rams fans. Or those San Diego Charger fans. Or those Oakland Raider fans.

Now, maybe, some day St. Louis, San Diego, or Oakland will get an NFL team again. But, is that team going to come anywhere near towards filling the void left by the Rams, Chargers, or Raiders? No. Maybe in 60 or 70 years, but they aren't the Rams, Chargers, or Raiders.

Same thing with the impostors that play in Cleveland. If it doesn't quack like a duck, look like or duck, or swim like a duck, then it is not a duck.

The Impostors in Cleveland may play football, but they don't look like the Browns and they most certainly do not play like the Browns, therefore, they are not the Browns.

Maybe that is clear enough for you.

Calling me a "cheap imitation" for a fan would be like calling Bronco fans "cheap imitations" if they stop following the team if they (the team) hypothetically move to ... say London. Or, if they, again hypothetically, change their name to something other than the Broncos.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 01-26-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I'm not a fan.

I am a fan of the Cleveland Browns. The Cleveland Browns died in 1995.

I'm a fan of a team that used to exist. Just like all those Houston Oilers fans. Or, those St. Louis Rams fans. Or those San Diego Charger fans. Or those Oakland Raider fans.

Now, maybe, some day St. Louis, San Diego, or Oakland will get an NFL team again. But, is that team going to come anywhere near towards filling the void left by the Rams, Chargers, or Raiders? No. Maybe in 60 or 70 years.

Maybe that is clear enough for you.

Calling me a "cheap imitation" for a fan would be like calling Bronco fans "cheap imitations" if they stop following the team if they (the team) hypothetically move to ... say London. Or, if they, again hypothetically, change their name to something other than the Broncos.
    Actually, Cleveland died in 1987. Elway killed them.

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    Actually, Cleveland died in 1987. Elway killed them.
    Since you said that, you know that that was in the AFC Championship game. You know that the Browns were in the playoffs all the time, almost like the Patriots are now, just minus the Super Bowls. Just focusing on the 80s, the Cleveland Browns were playoff contenders in 1980, 1982, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, and 1989.

This sorry imitation, these impostors, have been to the playoffs once in 17 years.

That is very different, not to mention the uniforms they wear. That's like going to a restaurant and ordering a nice big juicy hamburger and being presented with a flat piece of meat between two slices of bread. If you are desperate, you might call it a Hamburger. But, if you've had a good hamburger before, you know that is one sorry excuse for a hamburger.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 01-26-2017 at 10:31 PM.

As to the big question about the impostors, why do they have $109 million + to spend. They have that because they have Moneyball in charge. The man who thinks that getting rid of your best players and replacing them with scrubs is a sure-fire way to win.

I don't expect the impostors to do much of anything in the offseason because they don't care, so long as people buy seats to see the impostors, so long as people go to see the impostors, the impostors' owner will continue to make easy money. Making money, that is all the NFL cares about. That's why they wanted to make sure they rewarded Cleveland's loyal fans with .... garbage.

That's why I say they need to change the name and/or move to London. Either way, they need to retire the 'Browns" name like what was done with the "Oilers" name. Because the Browns are dead, they are very, very dead and they aren't coming back. I, for one, refuse to call them the Browns because to call them that legitimizes them as the Browns. Which they aren't. The NFL loves to act like nothing happened in 1995. But, they continue to trash on the Browns proud history by even calling this franchise the Browns - look for yourself. "Browns" all time record falls to .500 for first time ever

Yea, the Browns had such a winning tradition that this travesty of a team that plays there now under their name, it took them nearly 20 years of losing, of 3-13 and 4-14 records to bring down that all time record to .500.

I highly recommend you read: False Start: How the New Browns Were Set Up to Fail
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 01-26-2017 at 10:41 PM.