Peyton Manning to the Colts?

It looks like it's a strong possibility that Peyton Manning may end up as the next GM with the Colts. They fired Ryan Grigson this afternoon, and it's been talked about the last week that Jim Irsay was strongly trying to get Manning as his GM.

It will be interesting to see that if this does indeed happen, what it means for Pagano? It would probably be a very good thing for Andrew Luck though.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It looks like it's a strong possibility that Peyton Manning may end up as the next GM with the Colts. They fired Ryan Grigson this afternoon, and it's been talked about the last week that Jim Irsay was strongly trying to get Manning as his GM.

It will be interesting to see that if this does indeed happen, what it means for Pagano? It would probably be a very good thing for Andrew Luck though.
    I could be way off here, but I don't see it. I think Manning knows what he'd be getting into working beside Irsay. I know he played for him for years, but my personal opinion is that Irsay isn't a very good owner, he's a bit out in left field. I heard something yesterday on the NFL network that Irsay doesn't even fit in well with the other 31 owners, like during the owners meetings and whatnot he's, like, off to himself and stuff. I can't see Manning working for Irsay.

Irsay already said Manning will not be the next GM of the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I could be way off here, but I don't see it. I think Manning knows what he'd be getting into working beside Irsay. I know he played for him for years, but my personal opinion is that Irsay isn't a very good owner, he's a bit out in left field. I heard something yesterday on the NFL network that Irsay doesn't even fit in well with the other 31 owners, like during the owners meetings and whatnot he's, like, off to himself and stuff. I can't see Manning working for Irsay.
    At the time I posted PFT was speculating that Orsay fired Grigson now, 3 weeks after the season ended, because he had gotten Manning. It appears as if that is incorrect. It would appear as if Orsay knows who it will be, otherwise why fire someone so late after the season? But he'll need to follow the Rooney Rule before he can hire anyone, if they're not a minority.

If for whatever reason Orsay doesn't know who the GM is, and is just going as he feels (which could be) he'd be wise to head to Ann Arbour, back the Brinks truck up to Harbaugh's house and give him the HC position with full GM control.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Manning probably gave him the bird on that request. He ditched him when his neck was broke.