Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    montreal Canada
    Posts
    7,493

    Star Wars episode 8 : The last Jedi

    http://www.starwars.com/news/the-off...-viii-revealed

    Ep 8 as an official title and it's the last jedi. This allong with the red letters instead of the classic yellow, tells me it 's going to be a Luke central movie and darker more serious theme.

    I think this movie will be about Luke training Rey and Snoke finishing Kylo Ren's training.

    With the superbowl 2 weeks away and given the fact that they realeased an episode 7 teaser 2 weeks after announcing the title, i think and hope we are getting a teaser during the SB.

    What do you guys think or hope the movie will be about ?


    Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    790
    I wish JJ Abrams would not be anywhere near SW ever again. He did alright with the Trek remakes, but episode 7 was an abomination.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I wish JJ Abrams would not be anywhere near SW ever again. He did alright with the Trek remakes, but episode 7 was an abomination.
    Man. Last year it was considered the best thing since the original. It's funny how over time some opinions change though as it absorbs in.

    You're the second person I've heard today make that exact statement.

    Don't get me wrong I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan either though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    13,400
    I enjoyed episode 7, I guess I'm in the minority. I hope this one is as good as well. Also the first order storm troopers look even more cool than the original ones

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,297
    Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    I enjoyed episode 7, I guess I'm in the minority. I hope this one is as good as well. Also the first order storm troopers look even more cool than the original ones
    No I think you're still in the majority. I still liked it. I was just noting I'm not a big Star Wars fan in general.

    But it was odd to me that I heard basically the same exact sentiment twice in one day.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,076
    Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    I enjoyed episode 7, I guess I'm in the minority. I hope this one is as good as well. Also the first order storm troopers look even more cool than the original ones
    Basically everyone liked it when they first saw it, then a couple people starting saying it was a remake of episode 4 and now suddenly it's an abomination... People can't think for themselves these days, gotta go with what the group mind tells them.

    I still enjoyed it an awful lot...


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Basically everyone liked it when they first saw it, then a couple people starting saying it was a remake of episode 4 and now suddenly it's an abomination... People can't think for themselves these days, gotta go with what the group mind tells them.

    I still enjoyed it an awful lot...
    Yeah I mean I liked it both in theater and on DVD when my wife hadn't seen it yet. For not being a big Star Wars fan.

    I guess since I'm not that big of an originals fan then I didn't really do much comparing to that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,258
    Did they say what the name of the new Death Star will be?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Did they say what the name of the new Death Star will be?
    No death star on this one, it's on an ice planet.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,076
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Yeah I mean I liked it both in theater and on DVD when my wife hadn't seen it yet. For not being a big Star Wars fan.

    I guess since I'm not that big of an originals fan then I didn't really do much comparing to that.
    I watched the whole thing play out live...I watched the movie and loved it, was talking on reddit and everyone on reddit loved it and then someone posted "did you guys realize it was basically exactly like episode 4?" then people just imediately started turning on it despite loving it 5 minutes earlier...

    It was like the Batvoice in Batman TDK all over again....Everyone loved it, someone complained about Bales Batvoice then suddenly it wasn't as good of a movie anymore despite everyone loving it before...

    People are easily swayed. Even though it shared similar plot lines to an extent, it was still a very good story that stood well on it's own.

    Rouge one obviously blew it out of the water, but it served it's purpose (to get us all excited about Star Wars again)


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Basically everyone liked it when they first saw it, then a couple people starting saying it was a remake of episode 4 and now suddenly it's an abomination... People can't think for themselves these days, gotta go with what the group mind tells them.

    I still enjoyed it an awful lot...
    agreed and IMO it was better than rogue one. i truly hope the SW spin offs don't continue because i don't think its good for the franchise and don't have faith they can come up with a good and original story.

    the only spin off i would support is a knights of the old republic movie. that game's story is better than what Disney has come up with so far.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,076
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    agreed and IMO it was better than rogue one. i truly hope the SW spin offs don't continue because i don't think its good for the franchise and don't have faith they can come up with a good and original story.

    the only spin off i would support is a knights of the old republic movie. that game's story is better than what Disney has come up with so far.
    Honestly? If Empire is my 1a, Rouge is my 1b. Personally I feel like the spinoffs are a good opportunity to do whatever they want in the same universe. They can go back and tell stories from any era and not be tied to the cannon of the current numbered stories.

    I am looking forward to the Han Solo movie when it hits.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    790
    Eh, deleted my post. It was negative. Ha.

    I'm also excited for the Han Solo stand-alone and hopefully I'll find episode 8 more entertaining.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 01-24-2017 at 09:37 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Eh, deleted my post. It was negative. Ha.

    I'm also excited for the Han Solo stand-alone and hopefully I'll find episode 8 more entertaining.
    I wasn't really directing it entirely at you. That's just the general mindset people took with episode 7. You aren't alone and hey if you genuinely didn't like it that's cool, but so many people went from "oh man, I loved it" to "man, it sucked so bad" just because someone pointed out something that they apparently didn't think about when originally watching it and somehow that just ruined the whole thing despite the fact that up to that point they enjoyed it.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    790
    It's interesting you've seen that... I've been chastised for disliking it. I've only ever met 1 other person who disliked it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •