Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    I personally don't believe they will trade Joe Thomas but I'd be okay with giving our 1st and 2nd pick for Joe Thomas and their second. Hopefully use that second pick for someone like Joe Mixon ( I know it may be a little high but this is going to be the next Bell/ David Johnson imo)

Per Polumbus

Usually player visits are about homework (red flags, football IQ). Not C. McCaffrey's, his Broncos visit is about validating if they move up

It definitely feels like Elway is getting ready for something significant. I know many of us see the magic Elway has worked the past few years, but I sometimes wonder if we're biased. Listening to many analysts and commentators, Elway is the one guy where they're saying I have no clue what he's going to do. They're saying he always has a trick up his sleeve and rarely gives a hint of what he'll do.

I honestly don't believe Elway is going LT in the 1st round. It's very risky this year, with no clear #1 LT that's a lock. Over the past couple days, while many admit they don't know which way Elway is leaning, I've heard tons of talk that he and Vance want an offensive playmaker and will likely move up to get one. The only other thing I could imagine is trading the 1st rounder for Joe Thomas, but Cleveland is dug in on him. Unless Elway sweetens the deal a lot, I doubt the Thomas move.

Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    I like Lamp.

*I don't really, but all this talk of lamp just made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Are you predicting that's all it will take to get Joe Thomas from the Browns? Swap #20 for #33 and get Joe Thomas? Is that what you're calling?
    No, sorry... good point. Trading back out of the first + comp pick 101 (3rd round) OR possibly pick 127 (4th)
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

*I don't really, but all this talk of lamp just made me chuckle.
    Every time i hear his name i think of the lamp from a christmas story...no idea why
    Glen Haven Fire

So, the draft is very close...

What is Elway going to do in round 1?

At this point, I'm guessing he will try to get Garrett Bolles unless Chris McCaffrey is still within reach.

Once I thought Elway would stay away from Bolles because of his advanced age for a rookie (see Sly Williams), but Bolles is the most athletic o-lineman in this class and plays with the mean attitude that Vance Joseph is preaching.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Finding it tough to accept that Broncos would draft an olineman at #20. Understand the arguments for doing it.

Just think there are too many dynamic players speculated to be on the board at #20 to draft any of these olineman. All arguably good but not great. That is a #20 pick?

At least a couple from the pool of playmaking RBs, TEs, WRs, CBs, LBs and pass rushers likely to be at #20.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Finding it tough to accept that Broncos would draft an olineman at #20. Understand the arguments for doing it.

Just think there are too many dynamic players speculated to be on the board at #20 to draft any of these olineman. All arguably good but not great. That is a #20 pick?

At least a couple from the pool of playmaking RBs, TEs, WRs, CBs, LBs and pass rushers likely to be at #20.
    I am also finding it tough to accept an OL @#20. I keep telling myself that OL is one of the biggest reasons my favorite college team has not won any conference or natl championship this century. So I don't want to discount their importance. I just feel like a second rd guy might end up a year from now being better or as good as a first rounder in the OL prospects. The same could be said for some other positions too I guess, I just feel like those positions you listed have some immediate impact high ceiling guys that OL doesn't appear to have.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Finding it tough to accept that Broncos would draft an olineman at #20.
    At #20? I won't rule out Elway trading up to get his o-lineman. IMO, it's hard to believe that NFL teams will make picks from #1 to #19 without any o-lineman in the mix. That just does not happen. I can't see so many teams having their top-rated o-lineman ranked outside the top 20. We have no idea where the #1 OT is ranked on the Broncos draft board. If the player has a top-15 grade and Elway is worried about the Colts, Ravens or Bucs, I think a trade to move up for an OT is possible. Among Robinson, Bolles and Ramczyk, my guess is that Elway and this coaching staff really like at least one of them.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    At #20? I won't rule out Elway trading up to get his o-lineman. IMO, it's hard to believe that NFL teams will make picks from #1 to #19 without any o-lineman in the mix. That just does not happen. I can't see so many teams having their top-rated o-lineman ranked outside the top 20. We have no idea where the #1 OT is ranked on the Broncos draft board. If the player has a top-15 grade and Elway is worried about the Colts, Ravens or Bucs, I think a trade to move up for an OT is possible. Among Robinson, Bolles and Ramczyk, my guess is that Elway and this coaching staff really like at least one of them.
    If the Broncos like a player enough for to move up to get him I will trust they know what they are doing. At any position.

There is a difference between where a player is drafted and where they are graded. To your point, there are several mock drafts that have 2-3 olineman selected by #20.

But if you look at Top graded prospects instead of draft position there are multiple scouting sites that have only have Ramcyzk graded under #20. Usually high teens. All the rest in the high 20s to Robinson in the mid 30s.

Not an exact science but an indication of what the analysts and scouts think of the players. BPA is not likely an olineman for the Broncos .

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    So, the draft is very close...

What is Elway going to do in round 1?

At this point, I'm guessing he will try to get Garrett Bolles unless Chris McCaffrey is still within reach.

Once I thought Elway would stay away from Bolles because of his advanced age for a rookie (see Sly Williams), but Bolles is the most athletic o-lineman in this class and plays with the mean attitude that Vance Joseph is preaching.
    I think Denver comes away with either McCaffrey or Ramcyzk. Bolles might be the most athletic OT, but reportedly Ram is top tier athlete at the position as well. He comes from Wisconsin so he was definitelt coached right. Having Geep get us the 411 from Paul is a huge factor.