Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GOATrapollo is better than your whole QB squad

Pats 56 Falcons 3

I make $86 an hour online processing forms from home!
    I made $4424 Just last month!

Cool story bro...thanks for telling it!

5 posts? Hmmm let's play guess the dupe.....
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady2Gronk View Post
    Pats 56 Falcons 3
    You like Huey Lewis and the News? Their early work was a little too "new wave" for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consumate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a for more bitter, synical sense of humor. In '87 Huey released this: 4, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is Hip to be Square. A song so catchy, many people don't listen to the lyrics, but they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of friends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself...hey, Paul!

HELLO........Is it me your looking fooooor?
    Last edited by Assassin27; 01-27-2017 at 04:19 PM.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!

Magnetic confinement fusion is an approach to generating fusion power that uses magnetic fields (which is a magnetic influence of electric currents and magnetic materials) to confine the hot fusion fuel in the form of a plasma. Magnetic confinement is one of two major branches of fusion energy research, the other being inertial confinement fusion. The magnetic approach is more highly developed and is usually considered more promising for energy production. Construction of a 500-MW heat generating fusion plant using tokamak magnetic confinement geometry, the ITER, began in France in 2007.

Fusion reactions combine light atomic nuclei such as hydrogen to form heavier ones such as helium. In order to overcome the electrostatic repulsion between them, the nuclei must have a temperature of several tens of millions of degrees, under which conditions they no longer form neutral atoms but exist in the plasma state. In addition, sufficient density and energy confinement are required, as specified by the Lawson criterion.

Magnetic confinement fusion attempts to create the conditions needed for fusion energy production by using the electrical conductivity of the plasma to contain it with magnetic fields. The basic concept can be thought of in a fluid picture as a balance between magnetic pressure and plasma pressure, or in terms of individual particles spiraling along magnetic field lines.

The pressure achievable is usually on the order of one bar with a confinement time up to a few seconds.[1] In contrast, inertial confinement has a much higher pressure but a much lower confinement time. Most magnetic confinement schemes also have the advantage of being more or less steady state, as opposed to the inherently pulsed operation of inertial confinement.

The simplest magnetic configuration is a solenoid, a long cylinder wound with magnetic coils producing a field with the lines of force running parallel to the axis of the cylinder. Such a field would hinder ions and electrons from being lost radially, but not from being lost from the ends of the solenoid.

There are two approaches to solving this problem. One is to try to stop up the ends with a magnetic mirror, the other is to eliminate the ends altogether by bending the field lines around to close on themselves. A simple toroidal field, however, provides poor confinement because the radial gradient of the field strength results in a drift in the direction of the axis.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Magnetic confinement fusion is an approach to generating fusion power that uses magnetic fields (which is a magnetic influence of electric currents and magnetic materials) to confine the hot fusion fuel in the form of a plasma. Magnetic confinement is one of two major branches of fusion energy research, the other being inertial confinement fusion. The magnetic approach is more highly developed and is usually considered more promising for energy production. Construction of a 500-MW heat generating fusion plant using tokamak magnetic confinement geometry, the ITER, began in France in 2007.

Fusion reactions combine light atomic nuclei such as hydrogen to form heavier ones such as helium. In order to overcome the electrostatic repulsion between them, the nuclei must have a temperature of several tens of millions of degrees, under which conditions they no longer form neutral atoms but exist in the plasma state. In addition, sufficient density and energy confinement are required, as specified by the Lawson criterion.

Magnetic confinement fusion attempts to create the conditions needed for fusion energy production by using the electrical conductivity of the plasma to contain it with magnetic fields. The basic concept can be thought of in a fluid picture as a balance between magnetic pressure and plasma pressure, or in terms of individual particles spiraling along magnetic field lines.

The pressure achievable is usually on the order of one bar with a confinement time up to a few seconds.[1] In contrast, inertial confinement has a much higher pressure but a much lower confinement time. Most magnetic confinement schemes also have the advantage of being more or less steady state, as opposed to the inherently pulsed operation of inertial confinement.

The simplest magnetic configuration is a solenoid, a long cylinder wound with magnetic coils producing a field with the lines of force running parallel to the axis of the cylinder. Such a field would hinder ions and electrons from being lost radially, but not from being lost from the ends of the solenoid.

There are two approaches to solving this problem. One is to try to stop up the ends with a magnetic mirror, the other is to eliminate the ends altogether by bending the field lines around to close on themselves. A simple toroidal field, however, provides poor confinement because the radial gradient of the field strength results in a drift in the direction of the axis.
    Me reading this.

That actually sounds quite interesting. The toroidal field is easy to visualize though the explanation of the drift escapes me. I'd like to know more about the magnet mirror.

Pats 56 Falcons 3
    Hey look its TeePee the old toilet paper salesman hes back
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

“A flying micro-robot has been developed by researchers at the University of Waterloo in Ontario. The micro-robot has pincers which can be opened by heating them with a laser. When the laser is turned off, the pincers cool and close.” – ZDNet.com

Ok you better listen up Canada and you better listen good. I am not ok with this. If there’s one thing the world does NOT need right now, it’s tiny flying robots with pincers and lasers.

I’ve had it. As if we don’t already have enough to worry about.

I thought the pirates were bad. With everything else going on, it was like, hey. What could possibly make things worse? Oh, of course. Pirates.

But now, no? Now we have to worry about paperclip-sized robots flying around, pinching us and shooting us with lasers?

Do you hear me Canada? I can not handle this crap from you right now. This is really bad timing.

We’ve got the recession thing. We’ve got the Swine Flu. We’ve got the Middle East. We’ve got Kim Jong friggin’ Il over there acting like a heavily armed Tom Cruise. And now you? With the robots and the flying and the lasers? What’s next? Invisible lions? Toilet sharks? Insult-comic ninjas that beat you up and put you down simultaneously?

You were supposed to be the polite one, Canada. The one with the bacon and the syrup and the leaves. But, yeah. I guess it makes sense now. It’s always the quiet ones who end up inventing the flying robots.

And what’s the deal with those pincers? Huh, Ontario? What kind of crazy person decided that the lasers weren’t good enough? That the tiny flying robots also needed the ability to pinch people and maybe give them purple nurples.

I thought we were friends, Canada. But friends don’t secretly build tiny laser-shooting robots behind friends’ backs.

And Washington: WTH? How did this slip through the cracks? That’s right. I’m looking at you, CIA. How did we not catch this? Did you not notice the booming international black market for tiny pincers and Lilliputian lasers? The shipment-upon-shipment of itty-bitty Fedex boxes crossing the Canadian border?

And speaking of the border: Donald Trump turn around. You’ve been keeping an eye on the wrong neighbor.

Maybe our government missed it because we’ve been so worried about Cuba. We’ve been patrolling the waters because the Cubans might sneak into Florida and apply for a job. But as far as I know, none of those jobs involve shooting us with lasers!

Meanwhile, Canada’s up there cackling and perfecting the teeny wings.

This is bad. This is really bad. Has anyone called the Pentagon? Are we even vaguely prepared for flying robots? Last I checked, we’ve got a whole bunch of really expensive weapons that are all really really really big. I don’t think the stealth bomber is going to be a whole lot of help in fighting an enemy the size of a sugar packet.

Dammit Canada. I am so angry at you right now.

Ok, listen up Washington DC. Here’s what we’re gonna do. Forget the economy. Forget the Swine Flu. Forget the pirates. And forget the pistachios. I want the Canadian border closed, I want 4 million square miles of giant mosquito netting stretched from Michigan to Mexico and I want all that leftover stimulus money redirected to arm our citizens with laser-proof flyswatters.

Seriously.

This is getting ridiculous already.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post

Exciting times in fusion research. To go along with it, Harvard scientists supposedly just pressed metallic hydrogen (long considered the holy grail of pressure physics) at 495 gigapascals. Theorized to be both metastable and superconductive at room temperature, metallic hydrogen could be drawn into cables, with zero energy loss in long distance transmission grids. Next-gen power, next-gen transmission tech…oh, what a world we’re liv- wait…what is this thread about???

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Exciting times in fusion research. To go along with it, Harvard scientists supposedly just pressed metallic hydrogen (long considered the holy grail of pressure physics) at 495 gigapascals. Theorized to be both metastable and superconductive at room temperature, metallic hydrogen could be drawn into cables, with zero energy loss in long distance transmission grids. Next-gen power, next-gen transmission tech…oh, what a world we’re liv- wait…what is this thread about???
    Idk but I just wanted to vent on what it is like to be superman!

So It’s impossible, a Normal woman? She could never have Superman’s baby. Do you think her fallopian tubes could handle the sperm? I guarantee you, attempting to plant the seed would be like a shotgun right through her back.

What about her womb? Do you think it’s strong enough to carry his child?
    Sure, why not right? He’s an alien, for goodness sake. His Kyrptonian biological makeup is enhanced by earth’s yellow sun. If his earthly woman gets a tan the kid could kick right through her stomach.

Only someone like Wonder Woman has a strong enough uterus to carry his kid.
    The only way he could bang regular chicks is with a kryptonite condom and that would kill him!

So anyway sorry bout the rant! What was this thread about?

Pats 56 Falcons 3
    The Pats only win Super Bowls when other teams gift it to them, I'm not sure the Falcons gift them a 53 point win. If Atlanta gives it away, odds are it will be another one score victory just like the other Super Bowls the Pats have won*.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Idk but I just wanted to vent on what it is like to be superman!

So It’s impossible, a Normal woman? She could never have Superman’s baby. Do you think her fallopian tubes could handle the sperm? I guarantee you, attempting to plant the seed would be like a shotgun right through her back.

What about her womb? Do you think it’s strong enough to carry his child?
    Sure, why not right? He’s an alien, for goodness sake. His Kyrptonian biological makeup is enhanced by earth’s yellow sun. If his earthly woman gets a tan the kid could kick right through her stomach.

Only someone like Wonder Woman has a strong enough uterus to carry his kid.
    The only way he could bang regular chicks is with a kryptonite condom and that would kill him!

So anyway sorry bout the rant! What was this thread about?

Beats me! But this thread is pure derailed awesome!

On a side-note, since Superman is from another world, I always wondered why he looked exactly like a human. Shouldn't he look like a sleestack or something?

Oh, we need to merge this into the coffee thread...this is cup-o-joe discussion material.

The government wanted me to tell you that in the sewer there's this animal that's killing everything and nothing can stop it, and the only thing that can even slow it down...is REALLY EXPENSIVE PERFUME! Do you wanna know why?
    CAUSE ITS GOT A METAL HEAD!!!