Browns going from 3-4 to 4-3 Defense?

If the rumors are true, the Brown's new defensive coordinator Gregg Williams will switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3. What does this mean for Denver? Maybe some backup depth at LB and DE for little or no price. Anyone else hear this rumor?

If Danny Shelton was available he would be an upgrade on Williams.

Haven't we tried acquiring DLs from the Browns via FA/trades before? No thanks.

If we can get Shelton or Ogbah cheap count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
    Haven't we tried acquiring DLs from the Browns via FA/trades before? No thanks.
    Dont knock the Browncos. They almost got us a Super Bowl

They'll take the pieces they have and make them work, Greg Williams is a very good DC. Also I would ask if the Browns played a 1 gap 3-4? If they did changing from a 3-4 to a 4-3 is just shuffling alignments, the players used can pretty much stay the same. If they played a 2 gap 3-4 then the shift could be a little bit of a bigger deal, but not really, the players can still be used in a 4-3, assuming they're not playing a 2 gap 4-3.

Going from a 1 gap to a 2 gap defense is a major deal, that's hard to transition and needs a whole bunch of new players, going from a 2 gap to a 1 gap isn't nearly as hard.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    If Danny Shelton was available he would be an upgrade on Williams.
    why do you think this?

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    They'll take the pieces they have and make them work, Greg Williams is a very good DC. Also I would ask if the Browns played a 1 gap 3-4? If they did changing from a 3-4 to a 4-3 is just shuffling alignments, the players used can pretty much stay the same. If they played a 2 gap 3-4 then the shift could be a little bit of a bigger deal, but not really, the players can still be used in a 4-3, assuming they're not playing a 2 gap 4-3.

Going from a 1 gap to a 2 gap defense is a major deal, that's hard to transition and needs a whole bunch of new players, going from a 2 gap to a 1 gap isn't nearly as hard.
    Agreed!! I think they will run a hybrid 4-3 like we ran with Del Rio. Plug in Jamie Collins as a rush LB, much like we used Von in the early days and Shelton and Paea as DTs. This will be confirmed if they draft Myles Garrett DE from Texas A&M 6'5 270lbs.