Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if he pulls a DeBerg or Blanda and plays to his mid 40s. Dude has taken good care of his body and is pretty durable. Actually now that I think about it, its probably because he has such good hygiene and care for his body that he's been able to last as long as he has at this level.
    Agree and he takes a lot of hits and never seems to affect him. I just had pancakes, bacon and coffee LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Gotta give credit to the Pats... .they never folded (kind of like we did against the Seahawks a few years back).

But my gosh, what an absolute choke job by the Falcons. I put this game on their coaches and play callers.
    Now that I have one sleep under my belt, I still feel lousy about the game....not so much because The Pats made a comeback (because I never felt this game was over when others were turning off their sets), but because Atlanta had dominated the game for 3 quarters but fell into several spells - prevent D, poor clock management, and uncreative O.

People have a right to rave about Brady, because he led the drives to tie and then win the game. And you know what, that is why I never felt the game was over, even with the score at 28-3.

But I am still ticked at Atlanta's meltdown in the 4th. I actually felt a change coming just before Ryan got nailed in the backfield (and eventually lost he ball). Why take big risks with that lead and with the time left. He held on too long, and he did that later on as well. And after JJ made that amazing catch on the sidelines, near the 22 yard line.....run the ball, or throw something simple, but do not get sacked and do not get caught holding.....but they did. A 40 yard FG was the answer, plus they could have milked the clock. I am quite sure if they get the FG with about 3 minutes left, they win.

Now, Atlanta's D probably panicked, and they were getting tired. They have to make a stop on the 2 pointers. They have to make a pic when the ball hits their hands. They had no answers. And when they lost the coin toss....I felt it was over.

So yes, The Pats made a fantastic comeback......but they were outplayed for 3 Qs, and for me, that should have been the nail in their coffin.

i still cant believe the falcons choked it away...I feel sick since last night. After that amazing catch by Jones that shoulda been game over for atl...3 runs and a fg/1st down ices the game...Why pass at all there ? And on that hold...how did the ref not see facemask ?

This turns me off to football its ridoculous i dont even want to watch football next season

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    i still cant believe the falcons choked it away...I feel sick since last night. After that amazing catch by Jones that shoulda been game over for atl...3 runs and a fg/1st down ices the game...Why pass at all there ? And on that hold...how did the ref not see facemask ?

This turns me off to football its ridoculous i dont even want to watch football next season
    I know....I dislike The Pats. Mind you, many others do here. But that game hurt, and as I say, I am not a big Falcons fan. Sure, everybody is calling Brady The GOAT, although I prefer to call him other animal names. And yes, quite a comeback.

But if you ask me Atlanta choked more than The Pats came back. Atlanta opened the door. It's like they got all giddy and forgot how they dominated 3 Qs. Kick the flippin FG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've mentioned elsewhere, I have empathy for Atlanta fans, the city, the state......the die hards. Losing is one thing, but losing that way is the ultimate dagger. I can only imagine the gloominess in the air in that city today. It hurts. It hurts bad. When we lost to Seattle, I was mostly over it within a day or two, because it was such a blow out. Losing the way Atlanta did does not go away quickly.

So, for those of us who do not like The Pats, and their nauseating coach, and their sneaky, cheating ways, last night was not a good way to end the season.

If anything, I can not wait to kick their butts here next season.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKrista View Post
    I had to eat some humble pie tonight and although it tastes a little bitter, it's good for the old character.

I talked down Gaga's performance tonight when I have to confess I was watching it with the volume down. I can't stand her normally so I was just spouting off in here. I actually just watched it on the dvr after hearing how good it was and you know what.. she did good. She didn't get political and she was actually singing and not lip synching and she sounded good so.. good for her. She deserves some credit. Still not a fan of hers but, she did good tonight.

And I was in here getting cocky when the Pats were losing and enjoying it all a little too much.

Tom Brady showed me something tonight and dang it.. I have to admit he earned my respect.

So there you go.. I learned some lessons tonight. Off to bed.
    Good that you posted this.

Wasn't quite sure why you were even interested in the thread, given you felt the game was over early.....and then the half time debate, which was a bit confusing. But this response made up for it.

How many times have we seen teams go into safe mode far too early only for it to bite them, I wanted Atlanta to win and they should of closed the door after dominating most of the game.... but they deserved to lose for that 2nd half display of negativity on D.

At HT on the tv coverage I was watching they were praising Atlanta for pressing the NE receivers and playing physical, saying that Brady liked to drive methodically with short passes and there strength was not hitting big plays.

If Atlanta played the same way on D in the second half they would have won. Instead they started dropping into deep zones and playing the clock, letting NE do exactly what they wanted....... short little throws all the way down the field. One of the commentators (was it Aikman or Simms on there) ? even stated that Atlanta would be HAPPY with the NE drive because even though they had marched inside the ten they had taken up 6 minutes..... what rubbish !!!! That is the height of playing scared.

In the end Brady will get a lot of praise, and he deserves some of it, but when Atlanta challenged him into hitting big plays he couldn't do it, in the 2nd half they have him what he wanted.... safe 7-8 yard throws that the NE system is all about. Shame on Atlanta.

If the Broncos D had done that, and gone so scared in the second half I would have been absolutely lived.

I saw numerous times in the regular season teams play scared with a lead and drop off too far only to lose, and now in the SB............... will DC's ever learn ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Gotta give credit to the Pats... .they never folded (kind of like we did against the Seahawks a few years back).

But my gosh, what an absolute choke job by the Falcons. I put this game on their coaches and play callers.
    We ran into one of the best D's of all time, hardly comparable to this Atlanta one

What the hell made Atlanta forget how to play football? Aside from not running the ball to attempt what surely would have been a game winning FG, they were snapping the ball sometimes with nine seconds or so still on the game clock. Run the damn thing right down, use your time-outs, manage the game - you were in control of things!

You guys use the term 'choked'. In Scotland we say 'their bottle crashed'. Credit to the Patriots for never giving up, it would be churlish not to admire that aspect, which is drilled into them, but my goodness, Atlanta's bottle crashed so hard I heard the bottle smash to smithereens across the Atlantic. Goodness knows how the Falcons pick themselves up to go again in 2018.

Finally, I believe Brady's game jersey hasn't turned up yet... that will leave him feeling a bit deflated.

I'm surprised no one is talking about Shanahan's head being out the door already with his new job.

It's very lost in the mess because they jumped out to that 28-3 lead in what appeared to be an unstoppable offense. But when you really look at the numbers the Pats D really did about exactly what I said they would do.

Held the number one scoring offense to 21 points, 12 below their season average. (They don't get credit for the pick 6 Brady threw). Held Matty Ice below 250 yards passing and only 2 TD passes. Held Julio to 87 yards on 4 catches. There were flashes in the SB where it looked like Julio was the game changer. But at the end of the day he really didn't have a good game.

Held that rushing Duo to 104 yards after they started the game with a 45 yarder on the opening play. So the rest of the game was 16 carries 60 yards.

And they adjusted to basically shut them out second half after giving up the early 3rd quarter TD.

I don't know who to credit more. The Falcons complacency or the Pats adjustments. Probably a little more the former.

But Kyle Shanahan is the man in San Fran today after this offense completely crapped the bed on SB Sunday.

The Falcons D for 3 quarters was the main reason they had that built up lead. They were stunning in proving me wrong. And then the offense caused them to wear out and collapse when it mattered most.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I'm surprised no one is talking about Shanahan's head being out the door already with his new job.

It's very lost in the mess because they jumped out to that 28-3 lead in what appeared to be an unstoppable offense. But when you really look at the numbers the Pats D really did about exactly what I said they would do.

Held the number one scoring offense to 21 points, 12 below their season average. (They don't get credit for the pick 6 Brady threw). Held Matty Ice below 250 yards passing and only 2 TD passes. Held Julio to 87 yards on 4 catches. There were flashes in the SB where it looked like Julio was the game changer. But at the end of the day he really didn't have a good game.

Held that rushing Duo to 104 yards after they started the game with a 45 yarder on the opening play. So the rest of the game was 16 carries 60 yards.

And they adjusted to basically shut them out second half after giving up the early 3rd quarter TD.

I don't know who to credit more. The Falcons complacency or the Pats adjustments. Probably a little more the former.

But Kyle Shanahan is the man in San Fran today after this offense completely crapped the bed on SB Sunday.

The Falcons D for 3 quarters was the main reason they had that built up lead. They were stunning in proving me wrong. And then the offense caused them to wear out and collapse when it mattered most.
    Kyle definitely could've called a better offensive game in the second half, no doubt. I have to place some of the blame on the head coach and QB as well.

Quinn could've overrode some of those passing plays or told Kyle to run the ball. Matt Ryan took some costly sacks where he could've audibled to a run or tried to get rid of the ball a little quicker instead of waiting for some of those longer routes to develop.

That was Atlanta's game & they squandered it, plenty of blame to go around. I'm sure Kyle will learn from it. I'm not sure about Quinn because two years ago in the super bowl he watched his team lose due to a bad offensive playcall. Quinn should've told the offensive coordinator to run the ball when they were in field goal range imo.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I'd say Atlanta had a lot to do with the loss......in fact, that city may never live it down, and as such, I feel sorry for them. The Pats on the other hand.....I really don't care to congratulate them. Can not stand that organization.
    You forget to mention that the patriots had to be pefect the whole rest of the game, while atlanta made mistake new england executed. And the patriots where making adjustments from early on, it was said belichick said adjustments at halftime woulkd have been to late.
    On the whiteboard in the pats locker room, there where 9 things they must do to win, number 7 was situational football. The falcons failed to play down to the game.

And to people saying to just run the ball on that 2nd and 1, the look they got from mew england made running not a good option. They stacked 6 in the box, doubled julio. Matt ryan could have tried to throw it away.

The best part for me was the 3:1 bet with my boss at halftime that the pats would win. 450 laid won 1350.
    To people that thought the patriots where out of it well clearly they dont watch. Ive watched brady bring his team down 31-3with 6 and change left in the third to tie it with 6 left in fourth. They lost but I knew it was possible. Also it wad only a matter of time before the defense became physically drained. The patriots where on the field for so many plays, roughly 1.5 games by league average when it was over. As soon as atlanta punted at 4 min to go I knew the game was over for atlanta, they couldnt stop anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Kyle definitely could've called a better offensive game in the second half, no doubt. I have to place some of the blame on the head coach and QB as well.

Quinn could've overrode some of those passing plays or told Kyle to run the ball. Matt Ryan took some costly sacks where he could've audibled to a run or tried to get rid of the ball a little quicker instead of waiting for some of those longer routes to develop.

That was Atlanta's game & they squandered it, plenty of blame to go around. I'm sure Kyle will learn from it. I'm not sure about Quinn because two years ago in the super bowl he watched his team lose due to a bad offensive playcall. Quinn should've told the offensive coordinator to run the ball when they were in field goal range imo.
    Oh I definitely agree but part of the pre game prep is Kyle prepping Matty ice mentally for game situations. If his heads already out the door their normal routine may have been out the window.

Also I saw today where Dan Quinn said he doesn't regret the playcalls only the execution. Pretty freaking lame if you ask me to throw your players under the bus like that.

Quote Originally Posted by RunningAces View Post
    You forget to mention that the patriots had to be pefect the whole rest of the game, while atlanta made mistake new england executed. And the patriots where making adjustments from early on, it was said belichick said adjustments at halftime woulkd have been to late.
    On the whiteboard in the pats locker room, there where 9 things they must do to win, number 7 was situational football. The falcons failed to play down to the game.

And to people saying to just run the ball on that 2nd and 1, the look they got from mew england made running not a good option. They stacked 6 in the box, doubled julio. Matt ryan could have tried to throw it away.

The best part for me was the 3:1 bet with my boss at halftime that the pats would win. 450 laid won 1350.
    To people that thought the patriots where out of it well clearly they dont watch. Ive watched brady bring his team down 31-3with 6 and change left in the third to tie it with 6 left in fourth. They lost but I knew it was possible. Also it wad only a matter of time before the defense became physically drained. The patriots where on the field for so many plays, roughly 1.5 games by league average when it was over. As soon as atlanta punted at 4 min to go I knew the game was over for atlanta, they couldnt stop anything.
    The Patriots game was far from perfect during the second half. Brady made some bad throws, one could have easily been picked off but instead Edleman made one heck of a circus catch. The second half is more about how the Patriots made less mistakes than the Falcons because that almost all the Falcons from the middle of the third quarter through the end.

I'll agree that the Patriots owning TOP had to play in to the Falcons' defensive collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    The Patriots game was far from perfect during the second half. Brady made some bad throws, one could have easily been picked off but instead Edleman made one heck of a circus catch. The second half is more about how the Patriots made less mistakes than the Falcons because that almost all the Falcons from the middle of the third quarter through the end.

I'll agree that the Patriots owning TOP had to play in to the Falcons' defensive collapse.
    Speed will only go so far, endurance is needed. Alot of plays belichick and mcdaniels where sending recievers on longer reoutes even when it was gonna be a shorter pass. Trying to ware them down more. Atlanta was gassed

Quote Originally Posted by RunningAces View Post

I basically stopped reading after the bolded part.......I made my post, and you can make your post, but please dude, this is all about opinion, and "no", I did not forget anything. Atlanta blew this game. They left the door wide open. As good as Brady is, when you have 4 downs to move the chains on a prevent D, who is gassed, I came name a number of QBs who could score, and score rapidly. Atlanta's coaching staff acted like they never played in a big game before......no clock management (constantly snapping early - heck, an old and tired Peyton would have kept that lead with his use of the clock, and play calling). I heard it described pretty well today, Shanahan got all "look at me" and decided he could add big points, even though he only needed small points.

Some will call it the best game ever, and some of us will call it the biggest choke ever.....and believe me, I hate using the choke word. But it was exactly that. Heck, Freeman is still looking for the guy he was supposed to block!!!