Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cleveland,Ohio
    Posts
    3,074

    Kubiak prioritizing health over coaching

    2016 Adopted Bronco-TJ Ward

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    26,783
    Take it easy, Gary.

    And, thanks assassin216 for this thread. Walking away from something you love, especially for health reasons, is tough, but Gary Kubiak is doing it with class.
    Last edited by samparnell; 02-05-2017 at 04:29 PM. Reason: addition
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, Texas
    Posts
    10,393
    Thanks Gary, for all you have done for us over ALL the years. I have no doubt you came back at the perfect time and without you we would not have a third Lombardi. Good Luck with your future and I hope you enjoy it with your family for a Looooong time to come.

    I wonder in what role he will surface next
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 02-05-2017 at 01:31 PM.



    CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    11 Western+Texas on 18 wheels
    Posts
    6,802
    He kinda has to say that, since that was the reason he gave for retiring.

    The only other option, if the stated reason isn't true, is to throw his friend under the bus.
    Whether you like Him or you don't like Him.....LEARN to love Him. Because He's the best thing going TODAY. Wooo! Wooo! Wooo! Wooooooooo!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    26,783
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    He kinda has to say that, since that was the reason he gave for retiring.

    The only other option, if the stated reason isn't true, is to throw his friend under the bus.
    This video interview, so kindly provided by the OP, was posted to inform us about Gary Kubiak's post football coaching life. Why in the world would you want to enter this thread with an unsubstantiated rumor that Gary Kubiak did not retire from football for health reasons? Why don't you start your own conspiracy thread on the subject and leave this one alone?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    12,533
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    He kinda has to say that, since that was the reason he gave for retiring.

    The only other option, if the stated reason isn't true, is to throw his friend under the bus.
    I mean he did have to miss a game after being hospitalized after a game. This was the second time this has happened to him and he stepped down last time as well

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    11 Western+Texas on 18 wheels
    Posts
    6,802
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I mean he did have to miss a game after being hospitalized after a game. This was the second time this has happened to him and he stepped down last time as well
    He didn't step down after the first time. He was fired.

    I think it's likely that he acquiesced to the desire of his family to step down, but I don't dismiss the possibility that he did his friend a favor by not forcing his friend to fire him.
    Whether you like Him or you don't like Him.....LEARN to love Him. Because He's the best thing going TODAY. Wooo! Wooo! Wooo! Wooooooooo!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    26,783
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    He didn't step down after the first time. He was fired.

    I think it's likely that he acquiesced to the desire of his family to step down, but I don't dismiss the possibility that he did his friend a favor by not forcing his friend to fire him.
    I sincerely hope you never have to deal with neurological issues like hypertension, stroke risk and migraines. Personal experience with them should not be necessary in order for one to understand how serious these conditions are. Not accepting health as a reason someone gives for resigning from a position is neither helpful nor understanding. I think this thread was started to keep those of us who wish Gary well informed about his current status.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,750
    Feel bad for Gary.

    I'm sure he's fine away from the game which makes his situation worse. Football may be his trigger.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    251
    I think while health played a role, I do feel it was the failure of the season and the pressure that was going to come from elway. If the season ended me in a positive note then Gary is still our coach

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    26,783
    Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    I think while health played a role, I do feel it was the failure of the season and the pressure that was going to come from elway. If the season ended me in a positive note then Gary is still our coach
    You don't know that.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •