Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I wrong or

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I am one who believes the NFL is rigged and is nothing more than a well orchestrated soap opera.
    Yes the game was rigged. The Pats receivers were dropping balls on purpose, Belicheck let the Falcons def line sack Brady on purpose, Julio Jones accidentally made those crazy catches where he was suppose to drop them, and Edelman practiced catching balls while lying on top of 3 players. He practiced that all season. Sometimes lying on 5 players. Brady gave that pick 6 on purpose since he know the game is rigged for the Pats to win.

Just like SB 48. The game was rigged for the Seahawks to beat the Broncos.

How in hell does the #1 scoring team having a HOF QB in Manning score only 8 points? And let the Seahawks score 43?

It was was obviously rigged.

This SB 51 they did a great job in making it less obvious

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Yes.
    I first became suspicious during the playoff loss at home against BAL.
    Fast forward...Manning rode off into the sunset like Elway.
    It would not surprise me if Brady retired after this newly released cancer info.

I have foolishly spent thousands of dollars on airfare, hotels, game tickets,
    incidentals every year, but next year will be different.
    Instead, I am going to spend that money on vacations and
    Broadway/Operas/Speaking Engagements i.e. things to enlighten me.

Don't get me wrong I still like football from a "chess/strategy" standpoint
    but I am not going to invest my heart and soul into it anymore.
    I feel it's become the WWE. To me the NFL is a money making business.
    Too many racketeering charges out there if it were set up with gambling taking place. Plus with the number of people that would have to be in on it, how has there been nobody that's come forward if it were set up? Someone would say something or evidence would appear.

It's odd that so many storybook endings take place, but at the end of the day, I think there's too much of a downside if it were true for it to actually be true. It's sad that I have to reach that conclusion based on being cynical, but that's what it is.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

I despise The Pats, and I have issues with the money machine called The NFL.....but even though I am a bit heart broken for the Atlanta fans, I do not believe this league is rigged, not a bit. Sometimes when I get passionate (like this evening), I think the refs are letting things go, in favour of The Pats. But I can't prove that.

And in that regard, I have no problem with anti Pats fans (who Broncos fans usually are given our rivalry) being down and ticked and even looking for excuses. It's sports. It creates enormous passion. If someone does not get that, I wonder if they have ever played sports.

But no......not rigged.

I gotta say, in my experience, where there's smoke, there fire. The Patriots got every single opportunity they desperately needed. I had a friend over that opined the NFL may lose fans over this superbowl, I tend to agree.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Too many racketeering charges out there if it were set up with gambling taking place. Plus with the number of people that would have to be in on it, how has there been nobody that's come forward if it were set up? Someone would say something or evidence would appear.

It's odd that so many storybook endings take place, but at the end of the day, I think there's too much of a downside if it were true for it to actually be true. It's sad that I have to reach that conclusion based on being cynical, but that's what it is.
    I'm not saying it was "rigged," but it wouldn't really take all you surmise to get it done. It wouldn't have to be NFL wide, only within the refs/Goddell. This is definitely within the Steelers/Cardinals of questionable type of games.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    "They hate us because they ain't us" will be the response.

It is sad that we have so much love for this bs league that thinks we are stupid enough to believe their set ups.
    As a Laker fan I can appreciate this train of thought by fans of other teams. It just seems too unatural for a team to win that way that often. If we call this a setup then the same has to hold true for Bronco victories. I dont want to call it that. My heart goes out to falcon fans, no love to shady pattie fans. They did win though, oh well :-/
    At least it wasn't us. We keep patties from the SB not choke against them in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    I'm not saying it was "rigged," but it wouldn't really take all you surmise to get it done. It wouldn't have to be NFL wide, only within the refs/Goddell. This is definitely within the Steelers/Cardinals of questionable type of games.
    But again you're getting into hundreds of people that would have to be involved, and surely someone would tell someone and it would leak? What did the officials do tonight to influence the game? Nothing. The penalties they called were penalties, the players went out and decided the game. There was absolutely no point in this game where you could say something happened that was questionable.

And again the racketeering charges and the amount of money that would be lost if it were true, the NFL would be shut down overnight, and all of that "wealth" just disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    But again you're getting into hundreds of people that would have to be involved, and surely someone would tell someone and it would leak? What did the officials do tonight to influence the game? Nothing. The penalties they called were penalties, the players went out and decided the game. There was absolutely no point in this game where you could say something happened that was questionable.

And again the racketeering charges and the amount of money that would be lost if it were true, the NFL would be shut down overnight, and all of that "wealth" just disappearing.
    You and I both know that penalties happen on almost every play. Offensive holding, defensive holding, pass interference, etc. It doesn't take much to interfere with and ultimately decided a game. The Falcons were dominate in this game in the first half that the Patriots* didn't match in the second half. There is no hundreds of people that would be required to do such a thing, and if true, the NBA would never had seen such a thing.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Was it just me or did it look like this game was so set up?

I'd congratulate Tommy tantrum but how does a team come back from with 25 unanswered points in the super bowl?

It's all a set up to feature tom as the greatest come back in super bowl history. This don't just happen, it's never happened before until now the league is dirty and set this up and we're all stupid to believe that this was a legitimate win.
    Yes, the NFL set up this game so that goodell would look like an a$$ by handing brady the lombardi. You're an absolute genius!

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    You and I both know that penalties happen on almost every play. Offensive holding, defensive holding, pass interference, etc. It doesn't take much to interfere with and ultimately decided a game. The Falcons were dominate in this game in the first half that the Patriots* didn't match in the second half. There is no hundreds of people that would be required to do such a thing, and if true, the NBA would never had seen such a thing.
    Here's the thing, if you're alleging they fixed the game tonight, you'd basically be saying they fix things every year (including last year) and it can't be just in the Super Bowl, because you want the best matchup. But even saying it's just the Super Bowl, you'd be saying that it's gone on for years, how many officials would have to be involved, both on field and off? And for how many years? That's where you get into hundreds of people.

And if it were true, how has no one come forward and told someone? If it were a big conspiracy, people would find out.

And yes there's a penalty that could be called on most plays, but it goes both ways, and it wasn't like they were calling everything on Atlanta and nothing on New England, it was a well officiated game. But you know what, even if they were calling it one way, how many chances did Atlanta have to put the game away? Better play calling after Jones' catch and you can force NE to use their time outs and kick the FG. Better pass protection and Ryan doesn't fumble, or he doesn't get sacked and taken out of FG range. The chance to knock the ball down that Edelman caught.

Atlanta made way too many mistakes in the second half and New England cleaned their's up, that why New England won, not some grand conspiracy, that if true would have the NFL shut down tomorrow if it were found out. And of course the racketeering and fraud charges.

Yea, Brady threw his first ever post season pick six ( only a few more to catch you Peyton), Ghostkowski missed a PAT and Pats purposely went down 21 for the set up.

What a bunch of clowns...go join a circus. You just watched the greatest QB of all-time making the all time greatest 4th quarter comeback and you are too butt hurt to realize it....only in Denver la la land.

Pretty sure Elway was generally aware his O line was oiling up and his owners skewed the salary cap to keep him. Pretty sure Manning knew that HGH sent to his wife was really for him....."Pretty sure" would be a lot more guilty than "more probable than not of being generally aware".......that the balls where's low due to the ideal gas law. Don't let facts get in the way of your stupidity...it certainly hasn't yet.

I can't stop laughing at all the butthurt haters saying this was rigged.

Lmaooooo

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan4ever View Post
    I can't stop laughing at all the butthurt haters saying this was rigged.

Lmaooooo
    It's embarrassing to read....The funny thing is their team owns the Pats in the playoffs, they just cant handle the fact Brady is GOAT.

Super Bowl 51 obviously scripted

I no longer have any interest in watching NFL games. For some time now I have noticed numerous instances of non-competetive behavior in NFL teams. I have also noticed how the officials no longer call an even game, usually favoring the team with the most fans and merchandising.

Now that this fake Super Bowl is over, with NE throwing the game in the first half with ATL throwing the second half, to increase drama and 'excitement', I am completely done with this waste of my time. This is fake sports like wrestling.