Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 261

Thread: Am I wrong or

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    2,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Davedave View Post
    I no longer have any interest in watching NFL games. For some time now I have noticed numerous instances of non-competetive behavior in NFL teams. I have also noticed how the officials no longer call an even game, usually favoring the team with the most fans and merchandising.

    Now that this fake Super Bowl is over, with NE throwing the game in the first half with ATL throwing the second half, to increase drama and 'excitement', I am completely done with this waste of my time. This is fake sports like wrestling.
    I feel sorry for you that you cannot enjoy a fantastic football game, and one of the all time great performances in SB history. As on every snap there are excuses to be found, but the adjustments that Belichick, Patricia, McDaniels and Brady are able to make are a work of art. This was the game that eliminated Joe Cool from the GOAT discussion, because Brady is it unless you elevate the brain of Peyton or the physical skills of Elway.

    This was a thoroughly impressive (and lucky) win, and the Falcons chocked.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    I feel sorry for you that you cannot enjoy a fantastic football game, and one of the all time great performances in SB history. As on every snap there are excuses to be found, but the adjustments that Belichick, Patricia, McDaniels and Brady are able to make are a work of art. This was the game that eliminated Joe Cool from the GOAT discussion, because Brady is it unless you elevate the brain of Peyton or the physical skills of Elway.

    This was a thoroughly impressive (and lucky) win, and the Falcons chocked.
    It didn't eliminate him.

    If anything it proves that Super Bowls are more a matter of being lucky then being good

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    155
    I still have not recovered and I don't know if I ever will recover from this one.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,237
    Scripted? Yikes

    That was a horrible game that turned in to a great game in the second half. One has to feel for the Falcons - they tanked in epic fashion: their offense shut down and their defense looked lost. You could see it on the field that their guys looked frustrated and even confused at times. That was not fake.

    And the officiating was just fine. The Falcons played their game on defense which is disruptive and physical. Their penalties were justified. The officiating was refreshing, as post season usually is (though not always). They generally let the teams play and try tot stay out of the way.

    Maybe they went in to the locker room at half time already planning their Disney vacations and spending their bonus checks or maybe they go too cocky trying to keep their foot on the necks of the Patriots (their drive when Ryan fumbled looked like that). Whatever the reason the Patriots simply did not give up and made spectacular adjustments.

    I wouldn't call it the greatest SB ever but will readily agree it was a good game and the best comeback by far.
    Last edited by Rastic; 02-06-2017 at 07:49 AM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    346
    You're just shocked at what had happened. You're mind cannot accept what had transpired on the field last night. It will sink in someday. And you will go back to this post trying to delete it only to find out it cannot be deleted anymore.

    To say the Pats won by luck but to say the Giants won twice by skill without mentioning the lucky catches by Tyree and Manningham just shows the biased oozing butthurt that flows thru the veins of many haters out there. (I know you didn't mention it but many online and on social media say the Pats won by luck... in SB 51 and 49)

    It's sad that there are sports fans out there who cannot appreciate and enjoy a good game when they see one.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Here's the thing, if you're alleging they fixed the game tonight, you'd basically be saying they fix things every year (including last year) and it can't be just in the Super Bowl, because you want the best matchup. But even saying it's just the Super Bowl, you'd be saying that it's gone on for years, how many officials would have to be involved, both on field and off? And for how many years? That's where you get into hundreds of people.

    And if it were true, how has no one come forward and told someone? If it were a big conspiracy, people would find out.

    And yes there's a penalty that could be called on most plays, but it goes both ways, and it wasn't like they were calling everything on Atlanta and nothing on New England, it was a well officiated game. But you know what, even if they were calling it one way, how many chances did Atlanta have to put the game away? Better play calling after Jones' catch and you can force NE to use their time outs and kick the FG. Better pass protection and Ryan doesn't fumble, or he doesn't get sacked and taken out of FG range. The chance to knock the ball down that Edelman caught.

    Atlanta made way too many mistakes in the second half and New England cleaned their's up, that why New England won, not some grand conspiracy, that if true would have the NFL shut down tomorrow if it were found out. And of course the racketeering and fraud charges.
    My contention is not that the game was fixed, but that it would require the amount of people you suggest. The NBA is the prime example, it didn't take hundreds of people and the league is still running and making huge amounts of money. I don't believe that the entire schedule is decided up front, meaning who will play who in playoff games. However, I do believe certain teams just happen to get huge breaks when they need them the most. Maybe that is just human error, but the Pats* always seem to have that smoke coming off them.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    -Ronald Reagan


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,299
    I think the fact that Kraft appeared to be wasted says it all. He was probably getting plowed, because he thought the game was over by early third quarter. Didn't expect to have to get on stage and speak. Game wasn't rigged. Falcons choked. Brady is clutch. Ball bounced the right way. It is what it is. Brady IMO, is the best quarterback in NFL history. Sure, he's never been that good w/o a good offensive line, but that's just because he's not very athletic. I think that's why Brady can play as long as he wants barring injury, because he never had to rely on athleticism. There's no drop off. He's so good at everything else, that he just keeps on rolling.

    Quote Originally Posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
    As a Laker fan I can appreciate this train of thought by fans of other teams. It just seems too unatural for a team to win that way that often. If we call this a setup then the same has to hold true for Bronco victories. I dont want to call it that. My heart goes out to falcon fans, no love to shady pattie fans. They did win though, oh well :-/
    At least it wasn't us. We keep patties from the SB not choke against them in the playoffs
    I don't have much love for most Patriots fans either. Let's call a spade a spade. They're pretty obnoxious. I do think there's a difference between your Lakers and the Patriots, though. The Lakers always won with All Star teams, not meant to be a diss BTW, while the Patriots aren't exactly what you would call a team of all stars. So much roster turnover in the salary cap era, that it really is remarkable how they've been so successful for so long. With that said, if you put them down 28-3 in the third quarter, and played it out 10 times, Idt the Pats win two of them. You gotta have the ball bounce your way at least a little bit to pull that off. If anyone can do it once or twice though, you have to think a Brady team with a BB defense can.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I am one who believes the NFL is rigged and is nothing more than a well orchestrated soap opera.
    Then why are you here?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    "They hate us because they ain't us" will be the response.

    It is sad that we have so much love for this bs league that thinks we are stupid enough to believe their set ups.
    that's funny because i'm sure you don't think the same thing when the broncos won and sent manning off into the sunset.

    if what you say is true, your SB was very likely set up as well.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Here's the thing, if you're alleging they fixed the game tonight, you'd basically be saying they fix things every year (including last year) and it can't be just in the Super Bowl, because you want the best matchup. But even saying it's just the Super Bowl, you'd be saying that it's gone on for years, how many officials would have to be involved, both on field and off? And for how many years? That's where you get into hundreds of people.

    And if it were true, how has no one come forward and told someone? If it were a big conspiracy, people would find out.

    And yes there's a penalty that could be called on most plays, but it goes both ways, and it wasn't like they were calling everything on Atlanta and nothing on New England, it was a well officiated game. But you know what, even if they were calling it one way, how many chances did Atlanta have to put the game away? Better play calling after Jones' catch and you can force NE to use their time outs and kick the FG. Better pass protection and Ryan doesn't fumble, or he doesn't get sacked and taken out of FG range. The chance to knock the ball down that Edelman caught.

    Atlanta made way too many mistakes in the second half and New England cleaned their's up, that why New England won, not some grand conspiracy, that if true would have the NFL shut down tomorrow if it were found out. And of course the racketeering and fraud charges.
    totally agree, some of you are straight up off your rocker if you actually believe that scenario last night was set up


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    2,953
    Yes you are wrong. Next topic. Oh also...congrats Pats fans.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I am one who believes the NFL is rigged and is nothing more than a well orchestrated soap opera.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

    then how come you didn't say so last year when your team won? some of you in here saying this have lost all credibility. i can't wait until the next time you or sam tries to run trophy smack on me, since all the broncos trophies were set up and everything.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1

    So scripted. NFL is dead to me

    Atlanta never had a chance to win. Game was totally scripted. It's sad. I won't even watch my home town team after the last 2 super bowls. They had to have ATL jump to an early lead because of the people like me that knew that New England was the chosen winner in advance. The NFL is just like the WWE now. They have totally sold out for money and ratings. RIP NFL you will be missed. Sorry Denver fans. Super Bowl 50 was scripted too. That's why Manning had that dumb look on his face and couldn't even enjoy the win the way that he did his first one in Indianappolis. It's not cause his defense won it for him. It's cause the league won it for him in advance. I feel bad for the sheep that can't see through this crap. I'll find a new hobby. Maybe watch more NHL I don't know.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Davedave View Post
    I no longer have any interest in watching NFL games. For some time now I have noticed numerous instances of non-competetive behavior in NFL teams. I have also noticed how the officials no longer call an even game, usually favoring the team with the most fans and merchandising.

    Now that this fake Super Bowl is over, with NE throwing the game in the first half with ATL throwing the second half, to increase drama and 'excitement', I am completely done with this waste of my time. This is fake sports like wrestling.
    Welcome to the club! I knew it was the second they said no team had ever come back from 21 points in a Super Bowl and that no SB had ever gone to OT.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 02-06-2017 at 09:27 AM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,828
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    My contention is not that the game was fixed, but that it would require the amount of people you suggest. The NBA is the prime example, it didn't take hundreds of people and the league is still running and making huge amounts of money. I don't believe that the entire schedule is decided up front, meaning who will play who in playoff games. However, I do believe certain teams just happen to get huge breaks when they need them the most. Maybe that is just human error, but the Pats* always seem to have that smoke coming off them.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •