Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I wrong or

Quote Originally Posted by Davedave View Post
    I no longer have any interest in watching NFL games. For some time now I have noticed numerous instances of non-competetive behavior in NFL teams. I have also noticed how the officials no longer call an even game, usually favoring the team with the most fans and merchandising.

Now that this fake Super Bowl is over, with NE throwing the game in the first half with ATL throwing the second half, to increase drama and 'excitement', I am completely done with this waste of my time. This is fake sports like wrestling.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

do I think it was rigged? no

did it possibly go according to the NFLs desired script...yes

but I seen really no calls that effected the game, certainly the 3 consecutive Atlanta defensive calls when they had stopped the pats on third didn't help, but they were correct, that's on Atlanta...sure there was a few I thought should have been called on the pats, that wasn't...but I could not blame the refs for this game, instead

blame the falcons defense for shutting down brady in the 1st half....then backing off, refusing to blitz, refusing to pressure brady unless it came from the 4 front lineman...and instead choosing to allow brady to sit in the pocket and pick them apart and score on 5 consecutive drives

blame the falcons offense for crumbling in the second half, allowing a sack fumble because the rb...just didn't block his guy, blame ryan for tacking a sack in fg range , in fact blame the play call for calling a deep drop back ....when all you need is 3 to ice the game

it just seemed to me the patriots played to win...the falcons thought they had the game wrapped up and could coast to the title

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    Did you even read the post I wrote? Lol, I didn't say it was "rigged," I said the ability to influence a game wouldn't take the hundreds of people another poster was claiming. Do I believe games are rigged? No, but I do believe they are influenced. The how and why are the more important questions.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Did you even read the post I wrote? Lol, I didn't say it was "rigged," I said the ability to influence a game wouldn't take the hundreds of people another poster was claiming. Do I believe games are rigged? No, but I do believe they are influenced. The how and why are the more important questions.
    it's all good i'm just having fun lol

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    do I think it was rigged? no

did it possibly go according to the NFLs desired script...yes

but I seen really no calls that effected the game, certainly the 3 consecutive Atlanta defensive calls when they had stopped the pats on third didn't help, but they were correct, that's on Atlanta...sure there was a few I thought should have been called on the pats, that wasn't...but I could not blame the refs for this game, instead

blame the falcons defense for shutting down brady in the 1st half....then backing off, refusing to blitz, refusing to pressure brady unless it came from the 4 front lineman...and instead choosing to allow brady to sit in the pocket and pick them apart and score on 5 consecutive drives

blame the falcons offense for crumbling in the second half, allowing a sack fumble because the rb...just didn't block his guy, blame ryan for tacking a sack in fg range , in fact blame the play call for calling a deep drop back ....when all you need is 3 to ice the game

it just seemed to me the patriots played to win...the falcons thought they had the game wrapped up and could coast to the title
    one thing to consider when it comes to how the falcons defense played late in the game............the pats had more than double the amount of snaps on offense than the falcons did. the falcons defense was gassed for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    My contention is not that the game was fixed, but that it would require the amount of people you suggest. The NBA is the prime example, it didn't take hundreds of people and the league is still running and making huge amounts of money. I don't believe that the entire schedule is decided up front, meaning who will play who in playoff games. However, I do believe certain teams just happen to get huge breaks when they need them the most. Maybe that is just human error, but the Pats* always seem to have that smoke coming off them.
    That's because it was one guy point shaving regular season games and he went to jail.

You find out the Commisioner is conspiring with game officials and league officials to determine the Super Bowl and there's racketeering and fraud charges awaiting each, and yes it would kill the league.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Was it just me or did it look like this game was so set up?

I'd congratulate Tommy tantrum but how does a team come back from with 25 unanswered points in the super bowl?

It's all a set up to feature tom as the greatest come back in super bowl history. This don't just happen, it's never happened before until now the league is dirty and set this up and we're all stupid to believe that this was a legitimate win.

You know the saying..."There's a first time for everything".

There was a time when everything that has happened never happened before until they finally happened...like this being the 1st (out of 51) Super Bowl to go to overtime. It never happened before until now!

I hate every ounce of the Pats too but I don't think the fix was in. I do, however, think the Pats made a pact with the Devil a long time ago...like back around in 2000!
    Last edited by Mel B.; 02-06-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I think the fact that Kraft appeared to be wasted says it all. He was probably getting plowed, because he thought the game was over by early third quarter. Didn't expect to have to get on stage and speak. Game wasn't rigged. Falcons choked. Brady is clutch. Ball bounced the right way. It is what it is. Brady IMO, is the best quarterback in NFL history. Sure, he's never been that good w/o a good offensive line, but that's just because he's not very athletic. I think that's why Brady can play as long as he wants barring injury, because he never had to rely on athleticism. There's no drop off. He's so good at everything else, that he just keeps on rolling.

I don't have much love for most Patriots fans either. Let's call a spade a spade. They're pretty obnoxious. I do think there's a difference between your Lakers and the Patriots, though. The Lakers always won with All Star teams, not meant to be a diss BTW, while the Patriots aren't exactly what you would call a team of all stars. So much roster turnover in the salary cap era, that it really is remarkable how they've been so successful for so long. With that said, if you put them down 28-3 in the third quarter, and played it out 10 times, Idt the Pats win two of them. You gotta have the ball bounce your way at least a little bit to pull that off. If anyone can do it once or twice though, you have to think a Brady team with a BB defense can.
    Kraft could barely talk after the AFC Chanpionship, I didn't stick around to watch him last night, but perhaps he's got something other than being an NFL owner in common with Jim Irsay?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    That's because it was one guy point shaving regular season games and he went to jail.

You find out the Commisioner is conspiring with game officials and league officials to determine the Super Bowl and there's racketeering and fraud charges awaiting each, and yes it would kill the league.
    also, why would the commish want the pats to win? so he can get called out by the owner and have an awkward trophy hand off?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post

That's why I have trouble believing its all entirely scripted. I do believe officials can direct the outcome of games, but asking literally hundreds of people to keep a secret that would put them all in federal prison, along with killing the league is outrageous. Literally one mad person could sink the whole thing. There's just no way.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by NFLisWWE View Post
    Atlanta never had a chance to win. Game was totally scripted. It's sad. I won't even watch my home town team after the last 2 super bowls. They had to have ATL jump to an early lead because of the people like me that knew that New England was the chosen winner in advance. The NFL is just like the WWE now. They have totally sold out for money and ratings. RIP NFL you will be missed. Sorry Denver fans. Super Bowl 50 was scripted too. That's why Manning had that dumb look on his face and couldn't even enjoy the win the way that he did his first one in Indianappolis. It's not cause his defense won it for him. It's cause the league won it for him in advance. I feel bad for the sheep that can't see through this crap. I'll find a new hobby. Maybe watch more NHL I don't know.
    If they run the ball, make NE use their time outs and kick a FG they win. If Coleman picks up the blitz, they probably win. If Edelman doesn't make a miracle catch, they probably win.

Atlanta had so many chances to win and they failed. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Davedave View Post
    I no longer have any interest in watching NFL games. For some time now I have noticed numerous instances of non-competetive behavior in NFL teams. I have also noticed how the officials no longer call an even game, usually favoring the team with the most fans and merchandising.

Now that this fake Super Bowl is over, with NE throwing the game in the first half with ATL throwing the second half, to increase drama and 'excitement', I am completely done with this waste of my time. This is fake sports like wrestling.

I was a die hard Steelers fan and I am done as well. Too much money- ads and such. They needed a payoff and ratings. And a 25 point lead wasn't going to accomplish that. It is way too obvious like WWE.

They always say it's about the patriot's "system". Please. Every other Sports team- when you lose 2 top players- your performance drops off- it doesn't increase like the Patriots. Every other sports team fails when you have a failed coach who never won anything- and a 6th round draft pick as QB. Except the blessed Patriots.

None of it smells right.

Especially now- with ESPN and every network never even bringing up the past cheating ways of the Patriots.

Every time they talk baseball and many players- It's always PED's and cheating

Every time with Lance Armstrong- Cheating

Basketball, Tennis, you name it.

Every other sport- it is mentioned with frequency- Except the close to 10 years of SpyGate.

Any other sport- the coach and QB would be held in suspicion when their Hall of Fame time comes up - But not with the Patriots.

What other sport- when one team has a 25 point lead- do I turn off the TV and know they are finished ? Last night.

Know I'm not the only one like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLisWWE View Post
    Atlanta never had a chance to win. Game was totally scripted. It's sad. I won't even watch my home town team after the last 2 super bowls. They had to have ATL jump to an early lead because of the people like me that knew that New England was the chosen winner in advance. The NFL is just like the WWE now. They have totally sold out for money and ratings. RIP NFL you will be missed. Sorry Denver fans. Super Bowl 50 was scripted too. That's why Manning had that dumb look on his face and couldn't even enjoy the win the way that he did his first one in Indianappolis. It's not cause his defense won it for him. It's cause the league won it for him in advance. I feel bad for the sheep that can't see through this crap. I'll find a new hobby. Maybe watch more NHL I don't know.

Wrestlemania and the Super Bowl - Both on Sundays Both Scripted.

I know the Refs tried to get the Pats back in the game early- when the falcons got THREE straight Holding calls on Brady incompletions. In 30+ years of football I have never seen that. The only thing that saved them was a Pick 6.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories of any other kind- But this- was predictable to the core. No different than a favorite wrestler on the ropes- Coming back for the amazing win.

Maybe someday- they will ask why they didn't review the last TD as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FinishedWithNFL View Post
    I was a die hard Steelers fan and I am done as well.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    one thing to consider when it comes to how the falcons defense played late in the game............the pats had more than double the amount of snaps on offense than the falcons did. the falcons defense was gassed for sure.

all the more reason to send a blitzer of some sort, get brady off his mark