Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    781

    Which kind of SB fail is worse/hurts more??

    1. Getting blown or start to finish (DEN, (ugh ))
    2. Throwing a pick on the 1yd line giving the game away when you have a beast at RB (SEA)
    3. blowing a 25 point lead to lose by 6 (ATL)

    And be honest, not just use it as an opportunity to hate on the Broncos more than you already do (that's you patties and bapahat)

    My vote in order:
    1st. 1yd line pick. To cone back that way, even you're opponent thinks they've lost, to be inches from victory and GIVE it away. ..

    2nd: blow a 25pt lead. As if tawmy didn't have enough glory and records, to choke, give up largest lead in SB history and go to the first OT in SB history and lose it, AND give the man a record number of rings all in te same night. ..to think you're doing to win for 2.5 hrs then. .just kidding. Ouch

    3rd: blowout. Haunting and never goes away, something haters always get to use against your team for decades

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,845
    the only kind i know of is getting blown out of the water and i was blacked out drunk by half time so i don't remember the second half anyways (glad i don't drink like that anymore)


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,463
    I would definitely say that last night's choke by Atlanta is by far the worst. They had SO many chances to put that game away but failed several times.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    7,221
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan4ever View Post
    I would definitely say that last night's choke by Atlanta is by far the worst. They had SO many chances to put that game away but failed several times.
    I agree.
    A blowout start to finish can be considered a choke, but some times teams are just alot better.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,937
    Option 2.

    For the Falcons, yes they blew a lead, but there are plenty of plays to dissect. Most will say it's the sack and holding penalty that were the main culprits, but you can also say Edelman's catch, the Falcons turning it over deep in their own territory to give the Pats the chance to come from behind, ect. Just a bunch of plays. Not to mention them not running the ball on 2nd and 3rd down in field goal range. It was a plethora of mistakes that caused their epic collapse.

    But for Seattle, they lost it on the last play that should not have happened. We can't say for sure Lynch gets in, but if he doesn't, the Pats beat them using their strength.

    All of the Raiders Superbowls have been blowouts, but I can compare these to the 2001 and 2003 Yankees. In 01, if Mariano Rivera throws a perfect ball to Jeter, it's a double play and most likely our fourth championship in a row. That hurt more than losing a 3-0 ALCS series lead because it slowly happened. and you can break down so many plays in the series.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Option 2.

    For the Falcons, yes they blew a lead, but there are plenty of plays to dissect. Most will say it's the sack and holding penalty that were the main culprits, but you can also say Edelman's catch, the Falcons turning it over deep in their own territory to give the Pats the chance to come from behind, ect. Just a bunch of plays. Not to mention them not running the ball on 2nd and 3rd down in field goal range. It was a plethora of mistakes that caused their epic collapse.

    But for Seattle, they lost it on the last play that should not have happened. We can't say for sure Lynch gets in, but if he doesn't, the Pats beat them using their strength.

    All of the Raiders Superbowls have been blowouts, but I can compare these to the 2001 and 2003 Yankees. In 01, if Mariano Rivera throws a perfect ball to Jeter, it's a double play and most likely our fourth championship in a row. That hurt more than losing a 3-0 ALCS series lead because it slowly happened. and you can break down so many plays in the series.
    But all you have to do is pick ONE of Atlanta's mistakes to not happen, and they would have almost certainly won't that game. Will Cain on first take today said it perfectly. Seattle's loss was like standing on the edge of a building, slipping once and then falling. Atlantas loss was like standing on the edge of the same building, slipping, almost falling, then catching yourself. Then slipping again, catching yourself again...and over and over. And finally falling.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,618
    At least when Denver losses a SB we make it known that we were never in it to begin with. Seattle and Atlanta losses are much worse. Seattle's loss would be like getting punched in the gut. Atlanta's loss is just embarrassing.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
    1. Getting blown or start to finish (DEN, (ugh ))
    2. Throwing a pick on the 1yd line giving the game away when you have a beast at RB (SEA)
    3. blowing a 25 point lead to lose by 6 (ATL)

    And be honest, not just use it as an opportunity to hate on the Broncos more than you already do (that's you patties and bapahat)

    My vote in order:
    1st. 1yd line pick. To cone back that way, even you're opponent thinks they've lost, to be inches from victory and GIVE it away. ..

    2nd: blow a 25pt lead. As if tawmy didn't have enough glory and records, to choke, give up largest lead in SB history and go to the first OT in SB history and lose it, AND give the man a record number of rings all in te same night. ..to think you're doing to win for 2.5 hrs then. .just kidding. Ouch

    3rd: blowout. Haunting and never goes away, something haters always get to use against your team for decades
    I'll go with #2 followed closely with #3.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Option 2.

    For the Falcons, yes they blew a lead, but there are plenty of plays to dissect. Most will say it's the sack and holding penalty that were the main culprits, but you can also say Edelman's catch, the Falcons turning it over deep in their own territory to give the Pats the chance to come from behind, ect. Just a bunch of plays. Not to mention them not running the ball on 2nd and 3rd down in field goal range. It was a plethora of mistakes that caused their epic collapse.

    But for Seattle, they lost it on the last play that should not have happened. We can't say for sure Lynch gets in, but if he doesn't, the Pats beat them using their strength.

    All of the Raiders Superbowls have been blowouts, but I can compare these to the 2001 and 2003 Yankees. In 01, if Mariano Rivera throws a perfect ball to Jeter, it's a double play and most likely our fourth championship in a row. That hurt more than losing a 3-0 ALCS series lead because it slowly happened. and you can break down so many plays in the series.
    2001 if Brosius had thrown to first he would have doubled up Bell and it would not have mattered anyway. Then again, the Diamondbacks should have won that series in five games.

    The Falcons was worse.

    The Seahawks had other chances to ice that game before the pick at the goal line.

    I still am not over what happened last night

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    152
    Tough one between the 2nd and this loss. The 49 SB loss was absolutely heartbreaking but seattle winning was never a given. Atlanta had that game won if they simply didn't throw it away. So if I had to choose I would probably say SB51.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    346
    I would say losing a 25 point lead takes the cake. There were just too many ducks needed to line up right to lose that game. Two 2 point conversions? A field goal would have put it away instead they got sacked and a -10 yrd holding call, a sack fumble, and a miraculous catch by Edelman.

    2nd would be the 35 point choke by the Broncos. Coming into the SB with the #1 offense and losing as if you were the Cleveland Browns has got to put a dagger in everybody's heart.

    3rd would be the Seahawks call to throw the ball. It was a justified call given the circumstances. Pats goal line package to stop Lynch, only 1 timeout left, clock ticking down. If Lynch didn't make it the first time, they would have been forced to use a TO which would have made their next play call a lot more predictable and have no TO left.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    181
    This one feels great, expecially over on falcons message boards, they had a congratulations super bowl champs thread at around 9pm. They failed to realize a game is sixty minutes.

    Next year is gonna be fun

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningAces View Post
    This one feels great, expecially over on falcons message boards, they had a congratulations super bowl champs thread at around 9pm. They failed to realize a game is sixty minutes.

    Next year is gonna be fun
    The game was still on and you were on their board or are we talking time stamp her

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningAces View Post
    This one feels great, expecially over on falcons message boards, they had a congratulations super bowl champs thread at around 9pm. They failed to realize a game is sixty minutes.

    Next year is gonna be fun
    Link to Falcon SB Champs thread? Lol surely it's deleted. Just like Samantha_Z's thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •