Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 116
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,478
    Sorry about the frustration you are experiencing. Unfortunately, it is not a specific browser issue, though it would not be surprising if some browsers are exhibiting specific issues more than others.

    If you are trying to quote a message and another comes in it's place, you might check to see if you have a multi-quote message selected. That has happened to me in the past before any updates were made to the site.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    13,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Sorry about the frustration you are experiencing. Unfortunately, it is not a specific browser issue, though it would not be surprising if some browsers are exhibiting specific issues more than others.

    If you are trying to quote a message and another comes in it's place, you might check to see if you have a multi-quote message selected. That has happened to me in the past before any updates were made to the site.
    I've done that before, too.

    I just sent a note to the tech team. I will let you all know any updates we get.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,617
    I've noticed lately that whenever I include an image in a post, it no longer resizes it to fit as it used to, it just crops it off. Today I posted the cover of Entertainment magazine and it sliced off the right-hand side of the image:

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...31#post5560631
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    13,913
    Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I've noticed lately that whenever I include an image in a post, it no longer resizes it to fit as it used to, it just crops it off. Today I posted the cover of Entertainment magazine and it sliced off the right-hand side of the image:

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...31#post5560631
    I've never had my images resized. I'll add that to the list. Thanks.

    From the team: We have pushed some changes to the site that impacted the following:

    •wider space for content
    •aligned columns in account view pages and resolve visual break
    •tested edit, remove, and new post functionality
    •avatar images made larger
    •removed ads in column on tablet view

    They are not able to replicate not being able to edit or delete posts. Any added information you can give us would be helpful.

    They are planning on doing some more Thursday.

    Thanks for your patience.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,478
    Noticing some changes today.

    Avatars look resized according to user level (if a user has uploaded a custom image).
    Large profile pictures look a little better not clipped as much as before, though this is dependent on browser width (image looks like fixed width instead of proportional)
    Some missing buttons are back

    Requires hard refresh / forced reload of the site:
    • Windows: (Ctrl) + F5 button at the same time (Windows), or (Apple) + R or (Cmd) + R
    • Mac: (Apple) + R or (Cmd) + R

  6. #96
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    7,171
    .





    Yes Ras,
    When I first logged on this afternoon I still had my resolution tweeked.
    Whoa, wide track Pontiac ! LOL !!
    I re-set my screen resolution to recommended setting and everything is great.

    Avy's are proportional to status.
    I can see entire sigs, youtubes and pics.
    Even my profile page and pic is good.
    I have the front of Thunder back again !!

    Only thing that I see missing are the ads on the right side.
    Maybe my laptop is in "tablet view".
    And I like it !!

    Good job Tech Team !!!

    .

    May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,478
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
    .





    Yes Ras,
    When I first logged on this afternoon I still had my resolution tweeked.
    Whoa, wide track Pontiac ! LOL !!
    I re-set my screen resolution to recommended setting and everything is great.

    Avy's are proportional to status.
    I can see entire sigs, youtubes and pics.
    Even my profile page and pic is good.
    I have the front of Thunder back again !!

    Only thing that I see missing are the ads on the right side.
    Maybe my laptop is in "tablet view".
    And I like it !!

    Good job Tech Team !!!

    .
    Sweet

    Bolded: that is probably related to what Peanut posted above "•removed ads in column on tablet view"

    So, if the laptop is in tablet mode this is probably why the ads do not display.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    10,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I've never had my images resized. I'll add that to the list. Thanks.

    From the team: We have pushed some changes to the site that impacted the following:

    •wider space for content
    •aligned columns in account view pages and resolve visual break
    •tested edit, remove, and new post functionality
    •avatar images made larger
    •removed ads in column on tablet view

    They are not able to replicate not being able to edit or delete posts. Any added information you can give us would be helpful.

    They are planning on doing some more Thursday.

    Thanks for your patience.
    I just tried editing post number number 88. when I click edit the text disappears and I have no options to enter text.

    What information do you need?

    I am a white male...I like hiking to waterfalls and flying drones...trying to be funny during this frustrating time.

    Point is an "expert" should be able to ask an "amateur" much more detailed questions than "add information" which I assume is what you got from "they"

    Not a professional web designer so I have no clue what information would be helpful but frankly this problem is happening to multiple users on every different location and computer I use the forums on...including my work computer which is pretty good at keeping malware off that computer (in case they are assuming it is malware). If they can not replicate the problem maybe they need the help of a more experienced troubleshooter.

    Troubleshooting anything is difficult (I work in high tech electronic industry) but that is where people earn their money. It should tell their boss if they need a raise or maybe they are good at the pay scale they are currently at....hopefully the Broncos are getting paid professionals to do these tasks....but if getting a high school kid to do it for free got us a new left tackle I could figure out how to use these forums without a edit feature
    “If history teaches anything, it teaches that self-delusion in the face of unpleasant facts is folly.”― Ronald Reagan
    "Any negative polls are fake news" - Donald Trump

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    13,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I just tried editing post number number 88. when I click edit the text disappears and I have no options to enter text.

    What information do you need?

    I am a white male...I like hiking to waterfalls and flying drones...trying to be funny during this frustrating time.

    Point is an "expert" should be able to ask an "amateur" much more detailed questions than "add information" which I assume is what you got from "they"

    Not a professional web designer so I have no clue what information would be helpful but frankly this problem is happening to multiple users on every different location and computer I use the forums on...including my work computer which is pretty good at keeping malware off that computer (in case they are assuming it is malware). If they can not replicate the problem maybe they need the help of a more experienced troubleshooter.

    Troubleshooting anything is difficult (I work in high tech electronic industry) but that is where people earn their money. It should tell their boss if they need a raise or maybe they are good at the pay scale they are currently at....hopefully the Broncos are getting paid professionals to do these tasks....but if getting a high school kid to do it for free got us a new left tackle I could figure out how to use these forums without a edit feature
    I love waterfalls.

    "Add information" was from me. I do know that the more input they have on issues, the more helpful it is. I am not a techy person. I have no idea on how all this stuff works (or doesn't work). I do know that the tech team works hard. They have a link to this thread so they'll see your comments.

    I'm just grateful that the Broncos organization provides us with a free MB to play around on.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,478
    I take more information to be your operating system, internet browser & version (if you tried and had problems on multiple version, list all), approximate time this first occurred, etc.

    We have hundreds of members that post here regularly and you are the third reported case of not being able to edit a post. The tech team has looked in to previous reports with no luck. Any additional information you can share might be useful.
    Last edited by Rastic; 03-17-2017 at 01:26 PM.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    10,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I take more information to be your operating system, internet browser & version (if you tried and had problems on multiple version, list all), approximate time this first occurred, etc.

    We have hundreds of members that post here regularly and you are the third reported case of not being able to edit a post. The tech team has looked in to previous reports with no luck. Any additional information you can share might be useful.
    today the edit bottom has completely disappeared for me on post 88

    the computer I was using the other day has the following info

    windows 7 with service pack 1
    internet explorer 11 version 11.0.9600.18537 update versions 11.038
    I know this has been going on for more than a week but I am not sure how long

    Will post information with other versions of IE I am using (I think my home is more current version than work)
    “If history teaches anything, it teaches that self-delusion in the face of unpleasant facts is folly.”― Ronald Reagan
    "Any negative polls are fake news" - Donald Trump

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,430
    Still can't delete a post.

    Most of the time the post will disappear after sending only to reappear when the page is reloaded.

    When quoting a post, it often does not appear in its entirety requiring right click/open to see the whole thing.

    Right click/open is also necessary to cp.

    The profile page looks much better, like it did before these things started happening.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,478
    I can confirm issues with IE version 11.0.9600.18539, update versions: 11.0.38 (KB3203621) on Windows 7. These are issues unique to IE and include:

    • New user post requires page refresh to display for user
    • Reply With Quote posts are truncated if quoted post is greater than ~450 characters
    • Edit Post (including delete) is not possible as post disappears when button is clicked
    • CP does not open correctly in active browser window. Work around requires right-click, open in new tab


    More detailed information will be passed along to the tech team.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    16,469
    So, just asking for an update. Will our pages go back to normal? Meaning, will they ever go page to being a full screen again? Sorry if this has been asked before.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    13,913
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    So, just asking for an update. Will our pages go back to normal? Meaning, will they ever go page to being a full screen again? Sorry if this has been asked before.
    I'm not sure what you mean. They changed the sizing to accommodate the ads on the side. So I would think that this is the way it's going to be. I apologize if I'm misunderstanding. I haven't had any problems so I don't know what you're experiencing. There hasn't been any updates to report since the last time.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •