Page 147 of 160 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2399
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Let's bring Wes welker back

ANYTHING is better than Norwood o
    Guess you don't remember the Pats game where Denver blew a 28 point lead.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I don't know Kerr, but Peko is spiraling down fast. He seems like a wasted deal to me. Even at 2 for one, I still think the better deal would have been Logan.
    The problem is Logan is a 0-tech, whereas Peko and Kerr are 1-tech guys. We've been running a single gap system for several years now.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Guess you don't remember the Pats game where Denver blew a 28 point lead.
    24 points I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    The problem is Logan is a 0-tech, whereas Peko and Kerr are 1-tech guys. We've been running a single gap system for several years now.
    I do think know all the lingo yet. All I know is Logan is a big man who is a run stuffer. That's what we need. And who is to say our scheme doesn't change a little now with Woods calling the shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    BTW yes it's combative, but this is ridiculous. We as a forum have forgotten NO one wins free agency and the super bowl. It about the pieces coming together in a larger whole that mattwrs. We are not there in OTAS or training camp. We don't have the insider reviews regarding assignments and blame. We aren't there on the day to day regarding player off the field distractions, i.e. family, financial, personal. We have to trust in the front office. And In our case we have a proven track record of success. Do we agree with the year in, year out of the free agency and draft? No. But in the end, only 1 team has been consistently better than us. 1. Out of 32. That's insanely Good numbers and success. But let's Flambe the man in charge....because we are bored with his choices. Bahahahaha....and come December when we are still in the playoffs hunt we can all pretend how we were secretly on board with the buildingredients process this front office has taken.....
    While I completely disagree that Elway has been driving this team into the ground I do believe that there is some truth to the fact that we have lost out on some needed talent in FA now two seasons in a row. For example we signed a RT who was benched on multiple occasions last season and his only real viable backup(s) were either hurt, played worse or were already tied up playing guard. We really needed to get a guy who could anchor the right side of the line and allow us to just run the ball heavily down teams throats. Now these issues are not just because of FA - in fact to the contrary many of these issues and reasons why so many are upset in FA is due to the poor drafting we have done in rounds 2-4 specifically. The majorty of the weighting on this comment should be focused on the offensive side of the ball.

2015 Draft:

Round 2: Ty S: When he played he did a mediocre job at LT. I would equate his performance as worse that Okung's last season. As you also need to factor in WHO he was blocking for (PM) one of the fastest releases in all of football. In addition to his poor play WHEN he HAS played he has not played much at all. He has only been available for 13 of 32 (2 seasons of 16) games and of those 13 games he's started in 7 of them. Needless to say that is far from what we'd have expected of him or needed from him.

Round 3: Jeff Heuerman: Again when he's played (that is a big when) he has done alright but we signed him and then had him right to IR. Then of a total of 16 games this past season he's only been available 12 and then only 'started' two of them.

Round 4: Max Garcia: One of the few players who appears to not have major durability concerns thus far. There are questions about his overall skill and if he can develop. The Broncos have also made it pretty clear that they are not that fond of smaller interior guys with our recent signings so it is very possible that Garcia might not be with us later this year. He is 6ft4 309 lbs compared to Leary's 6ft3 320lbs.

2016 Draft:

Round 2: Adam Gotsis: Showed his overall experience at his position. That is OK though - at least for me. I look at what happened for Malik Jackson and how it took a few years of growth and push for him to become the player he became. It is far too early to do or say anything about Adam until we see how and if he progresses next season. While I do no wish to knock Adam as a player it is however a fair assessment to knock HIM as a pick for us. Now I am only going to look at picks who came AFTER ours and list a few who may have been better options:

- Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn
    - Le'Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech
    - Rees Odhiambo, OG, Boise State

I am only calling out Offensive line players here (Mainly guards & tackles) because looking ot this season those are the types of players we need and in reality needed last season as well. I am sure if I looked deeper into the DE classes I could likely also find a few DE's/ DT's who could have been bigger contributors to our team as well in year one. Which is in part what you expect from a 2nd round player.

Round 4: Devontae Booker: Started strong but then really hit a wall. I hope to see some steady progress from him this season. As far as potential value goes this was a great pick and I really cannot complain.

Round 5: Connor McGovern: Never made the field in his rookie year. He is also in a similar mold to that of Max Garcia. Given the fact that this was the year that we axed Clady and had very few options at our tackle spots on the roster I was shocked to see this pick and would have rather seen some of the lineman picked in the list below instead:

- Joe Haeg, OT
    - Caleb Benenoch, OT
    - John Theus, OT
    - Spencer Drango, OT
    - Halapoulivaati Vaitai, OT

Or at a non-tackle position:
    - Kentrell Brothers ILB

Also going back a couple of years guys who are no longer here:

Lamin Barrow (round 5) &

Here's the whopper (the entire 2013 Draft class:

1. Sylvester Williams, DT (No. 28)
    2. Montee Ball, RB (No. 58)
    3. Kayvon Webster, CB (No. 90)
    5. Quanterus Smith, DE (No. 146)
    5. Tavarres King, WR (No. 161)
    6. Vinston Painter, OT (No. 173)
    7. Zac Dysert, QB (No. 234)

Not one of these guys is with us now after 2017 FA.

So to sum it up I think why I am a bit miffed at the FO of the Denver Broncos is NOT because of FA specifically but because of some of the draft picks in the early-mid rounds combined with the fact that we are not 'masking' those muffed draft picks with FA talent. Having a HOF cerebral QB like PM allowed for some of the early mistakes to be masked just like GB & NE can mask their mixed talent acquisitions with stellar QB play. Now that we don't have that caliber of talent at center any longer we need to get better in the draft in order to not spiral and maintain a culture of winning.

The 2013 draft class as a whole was terrible. Not many stars came out of it. The fact we found some guys that were decent from that draft is a compliment

The only reason Webster is no longer here is because we have 3 CBs who would all be #1 DBs on any other team. He wasnt gonna start here this year, and even if we cut Talib before next season, Webster still would be behind Harris and Roby. There was simply no real reason to bring Webster back on the money he got to be our 4th CB and special teamer.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I do think know all the lingo yet. All I know is Logan is a big man who is a run stuffer. That's what we need. And who is to say our scheme doesn't change a little now with Woods calling the shots?
    A 0-tech NT like Logan lines up directly on the center and is in charge of two gaps. A 1-tech NT lines up between the center and guard and is only responsible for the one gap in front of him. Since players are only assigned one gap, and those gaps are known pre-snap, the defense is intended to be more disruptive and places emphasis on speed.

As far as who is to say the scheme won't change, the players we signed are a reasonable explanation for why we should expect the same system.

Logan was seen as expendable by Philly because he wasn't effective in their new one-gap agressive front. He's also just a 2 down player, so that further restricts the snaps he'd get in our system.

For what it's worth, I like Logan, and think he's a great bet to significantly improve a run defense, assuming he is used correctly. But for $8 million, I don't really see the value he would bring to our system.

Hankins is still available as a NT, and would be a great guy to rotate with Peko.

I don't think moving from 2 gap to one gap is a problem for any player accept the wide load guys that can't really move. Logan has pretty decent burst and length for his size, think he actually would do very well as a 1 tech. 8M for 1 year is not all that much more than than giving Peko 3.8, not for what your getting.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Would you bring Poe in on a one year deal?

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I don't think moving from 2 gap to one gap is a problem for any player accept the wide load guys that can't really move. Logan has pretty decent burst and length for his size, think he actually would do very well as a 1 tech. 8M for 1 year is not all that much more than than giving Peko 3.8, not for what your getting.
    He played as a 1-tech last year, and fell off considerably compared to prior years.

PFF grades don't tell the whole story, but for what it's worth:

2013 (as a 0-tech): 71.9
    2014 (as a 0-tech): 77.3
    2015 (as a 0-tech): 79.3
    2016 (as a 1-tech): 45.1

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/co...urn-to-eagles/
    Last edited by SecondsAway131; 03-14-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Yeah 5 division titles in 6 seasons, 2 AFC titles, 1 SB win, and built one of the top 5 defenses ever.

Hes such a bad GM!!!
    I interpreted his post more like.... "wah Elway isn't outspending the world and only signing the guys I want, wah... Elway isn't as smart as me wah..." That's what I read.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Would you bring Poe in on a one year deal?
    Well I believe Andrew Mason said it best. Men at Poe's size usually cannot last that long in the NFL. So I think at this point you'd need to bring him in on a 1 year deal or you bring him in on a 2 year deal with verbiage which allows for no dead money and a clean break after year 1.

Usually joints of a man of that size simply cannot take the kind of abuse the NFL dishes out for that long.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    He played as a 1-tech last year, and fell off considerably compared to prior years.

PFF grades don't tell the whole story, but for what it's worth:

2013 (as a 0-tech): 71.9
    2014 (as a 0-tech): 77.3
    2015 (as a 0-tech): 79.3
    2016 (as a 1-tech): 45.1

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/co...urn-to-eagles/
    Injury hampered play last year
    http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...s_vikings.html
    - "Defensive tackle Bennie Logan, who has played well though the first five weeks of the season, has what Eagles head coach Doug Pederson called a "significant'' groin injury and is listed as "week-to-week.''
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots