Page 155 of 160 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2399
    Well we can roll the money over and have even more ammo for next season

To everyone saying we should trade Lynch because he hasn't shown enough to be a starter (in two starts smh), remember that he wasn't supposed to show anything... he was supposed to develop for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    Yes and when we find our long term solution at QB, our defense will go down to being average unless there is another Von Miller walking through the door for us again and we strike with getting another Harris Jr, Wolfe, etc.
    Atleast they got one championship out of it. Seen plenty of great teams window close before they could win a superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Denver calls team X to trade Lynch, team X says they'll get back to them, team X will then lowball Denver because they're trading a QB they just drafted in the first round last year.

I'm still not sure what Siemian has shown that leads people to feel A. Denver should keep him and trade Lynch and B. That he would beat Romo in a QB competition? I haven't seen enough either way from him to say if he's the guy or not.

Same thing with signing King Dunlap, he wasn't very good in San Diego and played a full season just once in four seasons there.
    I don't think Elway will trade Lynch, very unlikely. Would not deal him if the value is not there anyways, but do we even draft him if we knew how TS would play?

Maybe it just comes down to philosophy with me. I don't think the best QB wins the SB, I think the best team does. I think we showed that in 2015, Seattle did, Giants have twice (don't think Eli is special talent). Aaron Rodgers 1 SB trip, Dan Marino never even went. So, I don't focus on if TS can be a top 5 guy, who knows, maybe. I did see the arm to make all the throws, a leader, a tough guy going out despite the pain, athletic enough to roll out both left and right, and charismatic enough to win over his teammates.

Romo has played less games in two years than TS, and given his injuries and age, I am not sure he is the same guy he was in 2013. If the QB competition is even close, you go with TS. I don't think TS hit his ceiling by any means, but he could regress too. However, he wins what he gets. He won a roster spot despite the odds, won the starter job despite the odds, think he would win again given his next challenge. You have to admit he does not shrink in the face of competition.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

If we signed Romo, there would be no competition.

It would be Romo's job.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post

It would be Romo's job.
    Not sure if you are implying Romo is that good or we would just hand over the job to him. If the former, depending on when he is released TS may have a big head start on the offense (you know his nose is going to be deep in the playbook when he gets it). If the latter, I hope that is not how we start determining depth charts, based on paychecks.

I still see Houston as the favorite to land him and don't think he has the same level of competition there for the starters gig.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Romo would walk in as the starter for either team period. Injury would b the only way any qb on either roster would replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Not sure if you are implying Romo is that good or we would just hand over the job to him. If the former, depending on when he is released TS may have a big head start on the offense (you know his nose is going to be deep in the playbook when he gets it). If the latter, I hope that is not how we start determining depth charts, based on paychecks.

I still see Houston as the favorite to land him and don't think he has the same level of competition there for the starters gig.
    The only thing he's implying is that Tony is a more talented and proven quarterback in the NFL than Trevor. If we're throwing injuries out the window, there is absolutely no competition. But, an injury to Tony is likely. So, there's Trevor's chance. Assuming he doesn't get hurt, himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post

It would be Romo's job.
    Romo has played like one series the last 2 years, he's gotta prove he can still play, at least prove he can take a hit.

Pretty scary thought bringing Romo in, automatically making him the starter, then trading off Siemian or Lynch, like many are proposing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Romo has played like one series the last 2 years, he's gotta prove he can still play, at least prove he can take a hit.

Pretty scary thought bringing Romo in, automatically making him the starter, then trading off Siemian or Lynch, like many are proposing here.
    For the record, I have already stated I am not a fan of bringing Romo here. I will absolutely get behind him if he comes here but not a fan of bringing him here do to injury history.

That said there is a big difference between proving he can play and proving he can stay healthy. 2 totally different things. When Romo has been on the field, he has been a very capable qb, arguably top 10 in the league. He hasn't just lost that knowledge or ability and no one has been questioning his arm strength. He is by far, waaaaay better than any qb on either team currently when it comes to knowledge, experience and on the field play. At least at this point he is.

Now the problem is obviously can he stay healthy to stay on the field. I certainly have my doubts and would rather use the money elsewhere because of them. Doesn't matter how good he is if he will be on the sideline.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

If we sign Romo....................

Romo will be given the starting QB job automatically. He is a pro bowl level QB with experience, if Elway didn't think he was healthy or still good enough then we wouldn't sign him.

Play Romo for 2 years, then let Lynch take over. If we pick up Lynch's option then he is signed for another 4 years.

Trade TS..... the Jets sound interested.

I hate these dull periods. I want some football news. I want to hear a big trade or signing. I need football in my life.

When it comes to Paxton. All I have heard so far is coach speak. Its kinda hard imo for Coach Joseph to judge either qb without having worked with them. Time will tell with both of them. It should be an interesting year, I am really looking forward to seeing the new system, what happens with our OL, run game and of course our QB's. Can't wait.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

Trevor and Paxton are on their rookie contracts and it makes no sense to trade either even if Tony ends up in Denver.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I don't know the ins and outs like people inside the Cowboys building do but I really think they are screwing him over by not releasing him.

They must know by now they are not getting a trade for him.......... and certainly nothing more then a 5th or conditional. After everything he has giving that organisation its just plain wrong holding onto him. I would like to think the Broncos would act with more class.

He could have visited teams by now and picked who he wanted to play for. By the time he is released the draft may have happened and teams like the Broncos and Texans may have decided to move on.