Page 154 of 160 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2399
  1. #2296
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
    5th?? I don't recall having that much depth. Apparently you miss the fact that he was a very effective piece of our special teams unit last season and a rotational player on defense. Elway stated that he wanted him back in his last press conference. I'm pretty sure if he was that far down the depth chart that wouldn't be the case
    He's going to get a better chance to get more snaps in San Francisco, it's not a massive loss

  2. #2297
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    33,706
    Edebali and Dora can more than replace Watson.

    Not a huge loss.

    Webster is a big loss for special teams though.
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 03-18-2017 at 06:56 AM.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

  3. #2298
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,010
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    At this point the best case scenario IMO is still centered around trading Lynch if we can get a 1st or an early 2nd and a 2018 pick. Hear me out...

    1) Lynch goes to SF/Clev/AZ
    2) We do bring on Romo to "compete" for the starting job (not sure he beats out TS in camp) 1 year contract.
    3) if a high 2nd, we could come away with three very good talents (I would go ILB, TE, CB with 1st 3 picks in first two rounds BPA)
    4) draft another QB round 3-6 depending on how much they like a guy.
    5) Sign Dunlap 2 a two year deal or a WR, along with Romo maxes out cap spending.

    What does this accomplish?

    1) In an open competition between Romo and TS, I think a better QB emerges than a TS/Lynch competition.
    2) We still have a developmental QB
    3) We have a great chance to hit on all three positions in TE, ILB, and CB given the strength of the draft at those positions.

    I know some will say "OL!", but I'm okay giving the coaches and scheme change to play itself out. If we can solve ILB, TE, and grab a CB to groom to keep the "no fly zone" going strong, I'm down with that. We can grab 2-3 later round guys we like for the lines and even a RB later (should we bail on Booker yet?)

    That would be my plan, some won't like it because of Lynch, but I have faith in TS and feel even if he lost out, he would still grow and be ready to take over again in 2018...a full year before having to make a contract decision on him.
    Denver calls team X to trade Lynch, team X says they'll get back to them, team X will then lowball Denver because they're trading a QB they just drafted in the first round last year.

    I'm still not sure what Siemian has shown that leads people to feel A. Denver should keep him and trade Lynch and B. That he would beat Romo in a QB competition? I haven't seen enough either way from him to say if he's the guy or not.

    Same thing with signing King Dunlap, he wasn't very good in San Diego and played a full season just once in four seasons there.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  4. #2299
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    33,706
    Quote Originally Posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
    5th?? I don't recall having that much depth. Apparently you miss the fact that he was a very effective piece of our special teams unit last season and a rotational player on defense. Elway stated that he wanted him back in his last press conference. I'm pretty sure if he was that far down the depth chart that wouldn't be the case
    Watson played 43 snaps on defense, i wonder how we'll be able to replace that.

    Dora and Edebali are more than enough to replace Watson.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

  5. #2300
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    33,706
    Regarding Dunlap, he gave up 4 sacks in 12 games, and similar numbers to Okung.

    It's more so that Elway likes going into the draft without major holes, would at least give Denver a veteran presence at LT. As long as the contract wouldnt be absurd.

    OTC projects Denver to get a 3 for Okung, but if Leary plays well, he and Okung will basically offset imo. Same with Watson if he surprises.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

  6. #2301
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,469
    Quote Originally Posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
    5th?? I don't recall having that much depth. Apparently you miss the fact that he was a very effective piece of our special teams unit last season and a rotational player on defense. Elway stated that he wanted him back in his last press conference. I'm pretty sure if he was that far down the depth chart that wouldn't be the case
    Yes. Fifth. He'd be fighting for at best fourth with Edebali and Dora. It isn't as if he's some first or second year player who is about to make this huge jump. Losing him means about close to nothing of an impact to the Broncos' football team as you could possibly get. No offense to him.

  7. #2302
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,469
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    At this point the best case scenario IMO is still centered around trading Lynch if we can get a 1st or an early 2nd and a 2018 pick. Hear me out...

    1) Lynch goes to SF/Clev/AZ
    2) We do bring on Romo to "compete" for the starting job (not sure he beats out TS in camp) 1 year contract.
    3) if a high 2nd, we could come away with three very good talents (I would go ILB, TE, CB with 1st 3 picks in first two rounds BPA)
    4) draft another QB round 3-6 depending on how much they like a guy.
    5) Sign Dunlap 2 a two year deal or a WR, along with Romo maxes out cap spending.

    What does this accomplish?

    1) In an open competition between Romo and TS, I think a better QB emerges than a TS/Lynch competition.
    2) We still have a developmental QB
    3) We have a great chance to hit on all three positions in TE, ILB, and CB given the strength of the draft at those positions.

    I know some will say "OL!", but I'm okay giving the coaches and scheme change to play itself out. If we can solve ILB, TE, and grab a CB to groom to keep the "no fly zone" going strong, I'm down with that. We can grab 2-3 later round guys we like for the lines and even a RB later (should we bail on Booker yet?)

    That would be my plan, some won't like it because of Lynch, but I have faith in TS and feel even if he lost out, he would still grow and be ready to take over again in 2018...a full year before having to make a contract decision on him.
    The only chance Trevor has at beating Romo out as a starter is if Romo gets hurt. Now that is actually quite likely. Then again, it's not a given that Trevor can remain healthy. He hasn't proven that he can over the last few years of him actually playing. But, let's not pretend that Trevor would win that job outright over Romo, if they both stay healthy. To think so is pretty delusional. This isn't Mark Sanchez that he would be competing against.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 03-18-2017 at 08:45 AM.

  8. #2303
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    5,724
    Romo watch is so much lamer than Manning watch was. The Manning thread was like 2,000 pages at the end

  9. #2304
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jack Del Rio-ville, FL
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Edebali and Dora can more than replace Watson.

    Not a huge loss.

    Webster is a big loss for special teams though.
    I'll miss Kayvon a lot

    But I think this season we will get to see the emergence of Will Parks as our next special teams stud. Parks is becoming one of my favorite Broncos with his work ethic and determined attitude.. plus he made some nice plays last year on defense too, not to mention his game-winning return on the blocked FG by Simmons!

  10. #2305
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,126
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I'll miss Kayvon a lot

    But I think this season we will get to see the emergence of Will Parks as our next special teams stud. Parks is becoming one of my favorite Broncos with his work ethic and determined attitude.. plus he made some nice plays last year on defense too, not to mention his game-winning return on the blocked FG by Simmons!
    It was a blocked XPA, wasn't it?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  11. #2306
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,334
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It was a blocked XPA, wasn't it?
    Yes it was. Otherwise a blocked field goal run back to the opposing end zone would be a touchdown and not a 2 point play right?

  12. #2307
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    16,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Romo watch is so much lamer than Manning watch was. The Manning thread was like 2,000 pages at the end
    Jerry Jones let the air out of the Romo watch - and probably thanks to the Texans, who showed their level of desperation by giving away a 2nd-round pick just to get rid of Brock "On The Cusp" Osweiler.

    Everyone can see Elway saved some cap space in free agency to pay Romo, but the Texans look so desperate it's almost comical. I have lost interest in this Romo watch because the process has been dragged out for too long.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  13. #2308
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,334
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Jerry Jones let the air out of the Romo watch - and probably thanks to the Texans, who showed their level of desperation by giving away a 2nd-round pick just to get rid of Brock "On The Cusp" Osweiler.

    Everyone can see Elway saved some cap space in free agency to pay Romo, but the Texans look so desperate it's almost comical. I have lost interest in this Romo watch because the process has been dragged out for too long.
    Not to mention the Texans are more likely than us to land him at this point. Which gives me hope that spend the rest of the cap on Jason Peters and move on once and for all.

  14. #2309
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,227
    Not even sure what it would take to get Peters. Plus he is already 35. Maybe he makes it through this year maybe we get 2 years out of him. Depending on the compensation Philly is looking for it might not even be worth a trade considering at that point rolling with trev and pax we are not a "win now" team. Might be better served throwing some rookies to the wolves and hoping one of them hit the ground running. Sooner we find a long term solution the better.

  15. #2310
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Not even sure what it would take to get Peters. Plus he is already 35. Maybe he makes it through this year maybe we get 2 years out of him. Depending on the compensation Philly is looking for it might not even be worth a trade considering at that point rolling with trev and pax we are not a "win now" team. Might be better served throwing some rookies to the wolves and hoping one of them hit the ground running. Sooner we find a long term solution the better.
    Yes and when we find our long term solution at QB, our defense will go down to being average unless there is another Von Miller walking through the door for us again and we strike with getting another Harris Jr, Wolfe, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •