Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    So what's your opinion on Logan and Hankins? Do you prefer to go the FA route or draft route? Logan/Hankins v Brantley/Watkins? Or maybe should we go a combo? Get Logan in FA and draft Watkins as depth?
    First of all, I was disappointed when Elway cut Darius Kilgo and carried 8, 9 WRs and 2 long snappers on the roster. That made no sense to me.

With Kilgo gone, Billy Winn was used as Sylvester Williams' backup. Both are free agents.

So, right now, the Broncos need two NT to replace those guys. The only NT on the roster is Kyle Peko, who might be a 3rd-team player for camp.

With the number of draft picks and in a draft so deep, I think Elway will pick a NT in this draft. I don't think there is one worthy of the #20 pick, but a 2nd, 3rd-round DT is possible. Brantley may go between the Broncos' first two picks. Watkins might be there in the 2nd round.

But there are many DTs in this draft. It could be a more under-the-radar player like Jaleel Johnson from Iowa in rounds 3 or 4.

Free agents: I don't expect Elway to get into a bidding war for one of the huge, gap-eating NTs. Sylvester Williams was the starting NT for our Super Bowl defense, had 3.0 sacks in 2015 and Elway did not want to pay him a $6 million salary. I think Elway will focus on getting an impact DE to complement Wolfe and then go after the 2nd-tier wave of NTs.

Hankins and Poe may become too expensive and have more value for 2-gap schemes. Bennie Logan sounds like a more realistic option.

It will probably be a FA/draft combo at NT.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Has anyone heard or seen anything about the possibilities of re-signing Walker or Williams?

Both played well. Just not great. Walker's recovery is a concern too.

Williams, Peko and DT drafted in the 2nd-4th could be competent depth at DT.

Heard Tyler Polumbus the other day giving glowing reviews of Chris Baker too. A bit more expensive but I liked what I heard from a players perspective. .

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    So what's your opinion on Logan and Hankins? Do you prefer to go the FA route or draft route? Logan/Hankins v Brantley/Watkins? Or maybe should we go a combo? Get Logan in FA and draft Watkins as depth?
    Well Giants tagged JPP so they can't tag Hankins now. I like Watkins more than Brantley but any of the scenarios seems like a good one.