Page 1 of 160 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Free agents we should target?

As the title states who are some guys we could go after? Here's a few I think could definitely help us

OL-Sebastion Volmer-we need help big time here this guy could definitely help

LB- Zach Brown- as the titans are my home team I pull for them also. This is a guy I hated seeing leave , a genuine athletic specimen has legit 4.4 speed and flourished in buffalo wouldn't you know a 2nd team all pro

DL-Calais Campbell- he would probably be the biggest defensive player I'd pursue this guy is a stud in rushing the passer and stopping the run

These guys are just the ones off the top of my head I'd love to hear your thoughts

Funny thing... there is a forum specifically for this.... moved....
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

I think Campbell is a must. I think any Top Oline is a must. I think Romo should be on our radar but isn't a must.

Campbell
    Wagner
    Warford
    Lang
    Romo
    Aikens

Can we afford all them, I'm not sure but that's whom I'd like to get. I would like 2 of the 3 Oline but doubtful

1. Kevin Zeitler
    2. Brandon Williams
    3. Calais Campbell
    Welcome Vance Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by N8thagr8. View Post
    As the title states who are some guys we could go after? Here's a few I think could definitely help us

OL-Sebastion Volmer-we need help big time here this guy could definitely help

LB- Zach Brown- as the titans are my home team I pull for them also. This is a guy I hated seeing leave , a genuine athletic specimen has legit 4.4 speed and flourished in buffalo wouldn't you know a 2nd team all pro

DL-Calais Campbell- he would probably be the biggest defensive player I'd pursue this guy is a stud in rushing the passer and stopping the run

These guys are just the ones off the top of my head I'd love to hear your thoughts
    I would take.....

1. Zietler
    2. Wagner
    3. Brandon Williams
    4. Zach Brown
    5. Cordarelle Patterson
    6. Ronald Leary
    7. Poe
    8. Campbell

Any combo of these guys would be great. As long as we go into the draft with no "needs" we will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I would take.....

1. Zietler
    2. Wagner
    3. Brandon Williams
    4. Zach Brown
    5. Cordarelle Patterson
    6. Ronald Leary
    7. Poe
    8. Campbell

Any combo of these guys would be great. As long as we go into the draft with no "needs" we will be fine.
    Good list. I would also be happy with any combination of these players.
    Welcome Vance Joseph

Off the radar...

1. Arby Jones NT/DE - can play both I think, keeps getting better
    2. JC Tretter C/LG -plays center which we may need to start the year, but can transition
    3. Dre Kirkpatrick CB (Ties to Vance and if Talib suspended, could also trade Roby in final year.)
    4. Bennie Logan NT - nice run stuffer
    5. Gerald Hodges ILB - played well on an underperforming defense, upgrade to Davis

My hope:

1. Campbell DE
    2. Arby Jones NT/DE
    3. Kevin Eitler RG
    4. JC Tretter LG
    5. Bennie Logan NT (need two guys that can play NT IMO)
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Campbell is going to be too expensive considering the market and the available cash space. There are other options who will come cheaper and provide a better return for the money.Plus unless Campbell plays 1 tech or MLB he doesn't fill an immediate need.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Campbell is going to be too expensive considering the market and the available cash space. There are other options who will come cheaper and provide a better return for the money.Plus unless Campbell plays 1 tech or MLB he doesn't fill an immediate need.
    Can you provide examples of these other options you speak of? We need quality players though. Campbell is a quality starter who is long in the tooth, and may be looking good for a title at a bargain rather than a paycheck. We do the know.

And I think DE is a need, especially if Walker isn't brought back.

5-tech is an immediate need, unless you want Jared Crick as a starter by default. Besides, we can't rely only on Wolfe and Crick at DE. There has to be depth to ensure a quality rotation during the season. Vance Walker was supposed to be Malik Jackson's replacement and Crick was signed as a backup. I doubt Elway will go through the offseason projecting Crick as the starter opposite Wolfe. Adam Gotsis looked like he did not belong in the NFL and even Bill Kollar is starting to call him out, saying he needs to get stronger this offseason. The guy was playing on skates as a rookie. Right now it's Wolfe, Crick and nothing else at 5-tech, so it looks like an immediate need to me.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

And I think DE is a need, especially if Walker isn't brought back.
    Is DE a bigger need than 1 tech or MLB? If not why would you spend a huge amount of cap rom on him?

Better bang for the buck players (at both 1 tech and 3 tech or DE as the Broncos call it in their defense): Nick Fairley, Abry Jones, Alan Branch, Lawrence Guy, Domata Peko. And my personal choice, Jonathan Hankins.

None of these guys will get the pay day Campbell will, but all are decent additions to a rotation. That's what the Broncos should be looking to do, go back to the rotation of 6 quality down linemen that they can rotate through.

And because of the rotation, I'd also consider adding someone like Tyson Alualu.

It's not about adding the best pieces, it's about adding the right pieces that compliment each other well.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    5-tech is an immediate need, unless you want Jared Crick as a starter by default. Besides, we can't rely only on Wolfe and Crick at DE. There has to be depth to ensure a quality rotation during the season. Vance Walker was supposed to be Malik Jackson's replacement and Crick was signed as a backup. I doubt Elway will go through the offseason projecting Crick as the starter opposite Wolfe. Adam Gotsis looked like he did not belong in the NFL and even Bill Kollar is starting to call him out, saying he needs to get stronger this offseason. The guy was playing on skates as a rookie. Right now it's Wolfe, Crick and nothing else at 5-tech, so it looks like an immediate need to me.
    Derek Wolfe should be the 5 tech in base situations, the bigger need is 1 tech and then 3 tech.

EDIT: To avoid any confusion, although the Broncos play with a "3-4" in theory, it's not a real 3-4. They got a 1 tech, a 3 tech, a 5 tech, a 6 tech (which the call their Will) and a 9 tech which is their Sam (Miller). It's basically a 40. I believe it's this video, Woods has it drawn on the board and you can clearly see their techs.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...0-4d6fb4882744
    Last edited by Butler By'Note; 02-09-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Is DE a bigger need than 1 tech or MLB? If not why would you spend a huge amount of cap rom on him?

Better bang for the buck players (at both 1 tech and 3 tech or DE as the Broncos call it in their defense): Nick Fairley, Abry Jones, Alan Branch, Lawrence Guy, Domata Peko. And my personal choice, Jonathan Hankins.

None of these guys will get the pay day Campbell will, but all are decent additions to a rotation. That's what the Broncos should be looking to do, go back to the rotation of 6 quality down linemen that they can rotate through.

And because of the rotation, I'd also consider adding someone like Tyson Alualu.

It's not about adding the best pieces, it's about adding the right pieces that compliment each other well.
    I just think we need quality over quantity right now. I don't see why we can't get Campbell and Alualu (who I think stays in Jacksonville). if we go DE in FA i want Campbell.

In truth, I want DE in the draft. I want Brantley or Wormley as DE. I agree that MLB and NT is bigger need. That's why I want Williams or Poe in FA, and Jarrad Davis and Brantley in the draft.

I just think we need quality over quantity right now. I don't see why we can't get Campbell and Alualu (who I think stays in Jacksonville). if we go DE in FA i want Campbell.

In truth, I want DE in the draft. I want Brantley or Wormley as DE. I agree that MLB and NT is bigger need. That's why I want Williams or Poe in FA, and Jarrad Davis and Brantley in the draft.
    I think you can get quality without spending big money. On defense I think the last thing they need is another big ticket item, instead I think they need glue guys, the guy who comes in and quietly goes about his job. That's one of the things that was missing last year.

And to that point I'll say that in 2015 Denver rotated 6 defensive linemen through that 3 down linemen positions consistently during the game, it was almost every other play new guys were coming in. In 2016 it was more like 4 guys, and that led to defensive linemen getting tired. There were certainly other issues (other teams getting the lead and then running more. The Denver O going 3 and out) but if you can rotate 6 guys continuously through those 3 positions, it helps the run defense stay strong later int he game.

That's why I want those cheaper guys who are unsung heroes. You can add more of them, and you won't get the big ticket attitude and mindset.

You add Hankins at the 1 tech and then someone like Alualu, or another cheaper option, at 3 tech and then re sign Walker, and all of a sudden you've got real depth along the front 3, and you've probably spent the same amount as you'll spend on Campbell in his first year.

EDIT: And you've also got a little more protection for the MLB. I'm still not sure Todd Davis is the answer there, but I think with a deeper front 6 he's got a better chance.