Page 140 of 160 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2399
  1. #2086
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,027
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Reiff is worse at LT, i would have made a serious push to get Ricky Wagner. But do agree we could have made 3-4 big signings.
    I just had Reiff at RT with the ability to fill LT if needed. End of the day I was just hoping we would fill 3 needs for the next 3 years and supplement it with the draft.

    If I seem frustrated it is because I feel Elway held back with Romo as his plan A....could be wrong, but it is the only thing that makes sense and even one year of Romo healthy gets us no where imo. Playoffs, maybe, championship, no. Thought the three guys I had posted would have had us in contention for a SB as the defense would have been on 2015 level with Campbell and OL and offense still > than 2015.

    Frustration has more to do than with just this FA class though. Still think Clady contract set us back and we are seeing it now. Still think DT contract $$$ would have been better spent locking up Malik, Wolfe, and Danny earlier...would have cost us less. Stated these opinions before, nothing new.
    Last edited by MHSalute; 03-12-2017 at 01:46 PM.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  2. #2087
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Our FA's next year: Schofield, Crick, Latimer, Ward, McManus, Thompson, Green, Nelson.

    RFA's: Barrett, Fowler, Paradis, Bibbs.

    Other than McManus and perhaps Ward. And Barrett, Paradis. No of those guys are important to retain,. Would maybe cost 8-10 million to keep them. Not that much. Would could have easily afforded what MHSalute said.
    You didn't list Roby, so I'm assuming you are okay with him walking? Because if you pick up the 8 million dollar option, you've got zero room for signings next season.

    I get that you can restructure other guys, but kicking the can down the road just so you can make splash signings isn't the way that good franchises are run.
    Last edited by SecondsAway131; 03-12-2017 at 01:54 PM.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

  3. #2088
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, United State
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Didn't Lang play left guard though? Is he moving to right guard or were you just assuming he would for us? And they did. The lions and giants are the two teams I sort of root for outside of the broncos, so I'm also loving what the lions are doing along the offensive line. I think they're going to be pretty good this year. But, who knows. I'm just going to wait and see what happens. I understand it's not that easy for everyone.
    hes always been a right guard
    "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

  4. #2089
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,027
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    You didn't list Roby, so I'm assuming you are okay with him walking? Because if you pick up the 8 million dollar option, you've got zero room for signings next season.

    I get that you can restructure other guys, but kicking the can down the road just so you can make splash signings isn't the way that good franchises are run.
    If Roby then Talib will most likely be gone by 2019, you can pick up the option restructure Talib and maybe go CHJ, Talib, Roby in 2018, but would be hard to keep all 3 regardless past 2018.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  5. #2090
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    If Roby then Talib will most likely be gone by 2019, you can pick up the option restructure Talib and maybe go CHJ, Talib, Roby in 2018, but would be hard to keep all 3 regardless past 2018.
    I agree. I just think the team would be better off to put themselves in a situation where they can make a decision. Also, I think it's a dangerous game extending all these players just so we can make impact signings. The cap has been increasing at crazy rates, and considering the state of some of these TV deals, I have a feeling the cap will be going down within the next 5 years. Not a good spot to be in if you keep restructuring and adding to future cap hits.

    I'm not sitting here saying I'm ecstatic about these signings, but I don't think we have as much freedom to spend as you might think by just looking at our 2017 cap space.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

  6. #2091
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,710
    Quote Originally Posted by munoz1987 View Post
    hes always been a right guard
    He for sure played left guard some last year. Maybe it was just one game where they had to move some things around because I just watched a play where he laid out a bears lineman and he was at left guard.

  7. #2092
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,710
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Our FA's next year: Schofield, Crick, Latimer, Ward, McManus, Thompson, Green, Nelson.

    RFA's: Barrett, Fowler, Paradis, Bibbs.

    Other than McManus and perhaps Ward. And Barrett, Paradis. No of those guys are important to retain,. Would maybe cost 8-10 million to keep them. Not that much. Would could have easily afforded what MHSalute said.
    Wait. You think we can keep McManus, Barrett and Paradis at between 8-10 million? Have you not seen the contracts given out this offseason? Another year of top of the line (pun intended) play and Paradis will be making that amount in one year by himself. Probably Barrett as well, because he's a young OLB that someone will overpay for.

  8. #2093
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    33,710
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    You didn't list Roby, so I'm assuming you are okay with him walking? Because if you pick up the 8 million dollar option, you've got zero room for signings next season.

    I get that you can restructure other guys, but kicking the can down the road just so you can make splash signings isn't the way that good franchises are run.
    We're in good cap shape next season, and im assuming we pick up his option.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

  9. #2094
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    33,710
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Wait. You think we can keep McManus, Barrett and Paradis at between 8-10 million? Have you not seen the contracts given out this offseason? Another year of top of the line (pun intended) play and Paradis will be making that amount in one year by himself. Probably Barrett as well, because he's a young OLB that someone will overpay for.
    Barrett and Paradis are RFA's, that doesnt cost much, and kickers dont cost much relatively speaking.

    We could cut Peko, Stephenson, Talib, Watson for 20+ mil.
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 03-12-2017 at 02:11 PM.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

  10. #2095
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Wait. You think we can keep McManus, Barrett and Paradis at between 8-10 million? Have you not seen the contracts given out this offseason? Another year of top of the line (pun intended) play and Paradis will be making that amount in one year by himself. Probably Barrett as well, because he's a young OLB that someone will overpay for.
    Well Barrett and Paradis will be restricted, so they can be given tenders. As long as another team doesn't try to negotiate a deal, their amounts for 2018 will be relatively reasonable.

    That being said, if we were to have a major injury, or if we experienced any significant regression by a starter, we wouldn't be giving ourselves much space to address any potential needs.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

  11. #2096
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,027
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    I agree. I just think the team would be better off to put themselves in a situation where they can make a decision. Also, I think it's a dangerous game extending all these players just so we can make impact signings. The cap has been increasing at crazy rates, and considering the state of some of these TV deals, I have a feeling the cap will be going down within the next 5 years. Not a good spot to be in if you keep restructuring and adding to future cap hits.

    I'm not sitting here saying I'm ecstatic about these signings, but I don't think we have as much freedom to spend as you might think by just looking at our 2017 cap space.
    I also agree not to kick the can to future years, but extending CJ just to convert salary to signing bonus is fine if you think he is a mainstay through the extension. Same for CHJ. Talib is different because of age. He is signed through 34 and next two years are an affordable 12M and 8M. Do we go 3/30 and add another year? that one is a little more risky but the dead money may only be a few Million to get 5M more in 2018.

    We have options but agree not all will be attractive.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  12. #2097
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    We're in good cap shape next season, and im assuming we pick up his option.
    Yes, we are. I was arguing that making the signings that MHSalute suggested would add 29 million against next year's 44 million projected space. That significantly changes things, and would make it difficult to pick up Roby's option.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

  13. #2098
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I also agree not to kick the can to future years, but extending CJ just to convert salary to signing bonus is fine if you think he is a mainstay through the extension. Same for CHJ. Talib is different because of age. He is signed through 34 and next two years are an affordable 12M and 8M. Do we go 3/30 and add another year? that one is a little more risky but the dead money may only be a few Million to get 5M more in 2018.

    We have options but agree not all will be attractive.
    I agree. I work in accounting so I tend to be a bit conservative when it comes to my contract beliefs. I'd hate to see us sign a big money FA, only to see it impact our future ability to extend or sign our own guys. Especially considering there is risk of the free agent not being a good fit once here.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

  14. #2099
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,061
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    That was a fake twitter account, Poe hasnt signed yet.
    Just caught that

  15. #2100
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,710
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Barrett and Paradis are RFA's, that doesnt cost much, and kickers dont cost much relatively speaking.

    We could cut Peko, Stephenson, Talib, Watson for 20+ mil.
    Gotcha. Didn't realize they'll be rfa

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •