Page 151 of 160 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2395
  1. #2251
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,479
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    This is the concept that is under question isn't it?

    If Romo can be close to the pro bowl QB he was two years ago I agree with you. It would be fantastic

    I tend to be on the more cautious side of the argument that a 37 year old with multiple back issues and only 5 games played the last two seasons can regain that level. From there the discussion becomes just what type of QB will he be? How limited ? How many games missed, if any? How is is timing with a new system, players and coaches?

    Sure having Romo sounds fantastic. Until you consider the reality of possible downsides.

    Back to the free agent question I responded to. I would prefer the Broncos sign an impact player like Brown over waiting around for the possibility Romo chooses Denver. And the more important question of what kind of player will Romo be if he does.
    While is everyone so worried about him missing games? If he does then we play the same QBs we would if we didn't sign Romo. And please do the say that we would have gotten better FAs if we didn't get Romo. If that were true we would have at least courted one. Bottom line is Romo is better than what we have. If he gets hurt (which is a risk with any player) it's next man up.

  2. #2252
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,325
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    While is everyone so worried about him missing games? If he does then we play the same QBs we would if we didn't sign Romo. And please do the say that we would have gotten better FAs if we didn't get Romo. If that were true we would have at least courted one. Bottom line is Romo is better than what we have. If he gets hurt (which is a risk with any player) it's next man up.
    Kudos to you! I've been saying this for a couple months now. Plus, the contract he signs would mostly like have a opt out after the first year or have to pass a physical like Manning's to protect ourselves. I look at this as a win/win for both parties

  3. #2253
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    729
    Broncos interested in signing Dunlap per multiple sources.

  4. #2254
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    Broncos interested in signing Dunlap per multiple sources.
    Talk about settling for mediocrity if that happens. Been hearing about a rumored and uncomfirmed possibility of a trade for Peters...much rather have that happen and miss out on Romo than get Romo and a repeat of last season at left and right tackle
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  5. #2255
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    377
    Trading for Peters wouldn't necessarily mean losing out on Romo

  6. #2256
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,114
    About a week ago, before the Osweler trade, Bill Polian was on ESPN discussing Romo. Polian said that the Texans wouldn't have any cap issues signing Romo if he were a free agent due to something about "expectations".

    I'm a little off on this, but it was something about how since Romo hasn't played for two years that he could be given a contract with a lot of incentives for things like throwing 50 passes and because Romo hasn't reached these production levels in the past season that they wouldn't count against the cap this year.

    Again, I don't think I have the details exactly correct, but what I do remember is that according to Polian there's a loop hole to sign Romo to an incentive based contract that will have very little impact on the cap this year because Romo didn't play the last couple of years.

  7. #2257
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,365
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    About a week ago, before the Osweler trade, Bill Polian was on ESPN discussing Romo. Polian said that the Texans wouldn't have any cap issues signing Romo if he were a free agent due to something about "expectations".

    I'm a little off on this, but it was something about how since Romo hasn't played for two years that he could be given a contract with a lot of incentives for things like throwing 50 passes and because Romo hasn't reached these production levels in the past season that they wouldn't count against the cap this year.

    Again, I don't think I have the details exactly correct, but what I do remember is that according to Polian there's a loop hole to sign Romo to an incentive based contract that will have very little impact on the cap this year because Romo didn't play the last couple of years.
    Incentives are broken down into 2 categories. Likely to be earned and unlikely to be earned. They are determined by previous years performance. Only likely to be earned count against the cap this year. Perhaps Polian is suggesting that since he hasnt played a lot of incentives would be filed under 'unlikely to be earned' not counting against this years cap.

  8. #2258
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,479
    Latavius Murray just signed with the Vikings. So if we wanted a RB in FA who is left? AP and Charles?

  9. #2259
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,927
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Latavius Murray just signed with the Vikings. So if we wanted a RB in FA who is left? AP and Charles?
    Are the Broncos looking for a free agent RB?

    I can see them adding a dynamic rookie in the first few rounds of the draft but a free agent?

    Vet leadership, depth and stability at RB is filled by current group of RBs. Anderson, Booker and Janovich is a solid start. Add that game breaker or third down specialist and the backfield is deep and versatile.

  10. #2260
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Are the Broncos looking for a free agent RB?

    I can see them adding a dynamic rookie in the first few rounds of the draft but a free agent?

    Vet leadership, depth and stability at RB is filled by current group of RBs. Anderson, Booker and Janovich is a solid start. Add that game breaker or third down specialist and the backfield is deep and versatile.
    None of this does any good with a porous offensive line.

  11. #2261
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,365
    Reached out to sources around league and found that DT Johnathan Hankins is asking for A LOT of money. A lot as in more than $10M per year.

  12. #2262
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,632
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Reached out to sources around league and found that DT Johnathan Hankins is asking for A LOT of money. A lot as in more than $10M per year.


    CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

  13. #2263
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,156
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Reached out to sources around league and found that DT Johnathan Hankins is asking for A LOT of money. A lot as in more than $10M per year.
    Well now we know why no one is picking him up

  14. #2264
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    377
    Poe signing a 1 yr 8 million deal seems very fair.

  15. #2265
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    42
    Any chance we get Hankins once he figures out he isn't getting that?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •