Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Garopplo

Jimmy Garopplo

What is Jimmy G worth on the open market? What do you think a quarterback desperate team like the Bears, Browns, or Niners should/would give up in trade for him?

Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    What is Jimmy G worth on the open market? What do you think a quarterback desperate team like the Bears, Browns, or Niners should/would give up in trade for him?
    I have no idea but and I'm sure some desperately stupid team will mortgage the future on him.

I'm more amazed that teams still go after players and coaches from New England when 99% of them (players and coaches) prove to be hot garbage away from New England and Bill Belichick.

Very very dangerous. The NE system is made to make QB's look good, Matt Cassell had a really good season the year Brady went down and was a total disaster when he left.

JG is an unknown, but I would not give up a round 1 and a big contract for him.

Reports are that Cleveland could give up their #12 pick for him. Classic Browns

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Very very dangerous. The NE system is made to make QB's look good, Matt Cassell had a really good season the year Brady went down and was a total disaster when he left.

"Classic Browns" as in Jim Brown's Browns?

In which case absolutely no.

It seems Houston is interested from what I've read ..... I would laugh if he ended up there with a contract equivalent to Brock or better ...

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    It seems Houston is interested from what I've read ..... I would laugh if he ended up there with a contract equivalent to Brock or better ...
    Houston would never over pay for a QB...

He's just another in the long line of Patriots backup QBs where the Patriots and the media seem to believe they'll get a first round pick for them. I can't see a team giving up the 12th overall pick for a QB who has been on the field very little. Yes he's got Tom Brady ahead of him, but there's not a large sample size to view of him. He's started 2 career games and attempted 94 career passes, there's no way they get a first for him.

Remember the media was convinced they'd turn Brian Hoyer into a high pick, he was released by them before the 2012 season.

Ryan Mallett was the same thing, they spent a 3rd on him, and the media talked openly about how the Patriots would turn that into a 1st or 2nd down the road. Before the 2014 season he was traded for a conditional 6/7 pick.

Kevin O'Connell was a 3rd round pick, claimed the next year on waivers by the Lions.

Even Matt Cassel, who started 15 games and played competently, was traded for the 34th pick in the draft, and only after being packaged with Mike Vrabel to do so.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Cassell was playing with Randy Moss and Wes Welker, that's why his numbers were so good.

Jimmy G played well without the Patriots best offensive weapon.

I don't think a new coach will go after Garopollo

Tying him to your regime's rep risky

I hope the Browns don't make the collosal mistake of sending NE #12 or a second rounder for him. They should focus on the rest of the team and focus on working with Griffin and Kessler

In a year or two I think the whole concept of throwing high picks and huge money at unproven QBs expected to right a sunk ship will be laughed at. Hopefully, anyway. Look at Goff. All the talent in the world and he has sucked because his OC was a hack and he's got 0 receivers

Garopollo could be a Cardinal or Bear. Would be classic John Fox to panic and send the house for Jimmy G to save Fox's job there. Arians could coach him up/keep his job no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    they should just chill and work with Tom Savage or get a vet

That D is so good! They're wasting it with their desperation for a "franchise" QB. Make the D unstoppable and get someone smart, responsible, reliable, and good enough to play QB. They need their Carson Palmer

Romo

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post

Look at what Orton did with McDaniels

6-0 at one point, made Brandon Lloyd look like a hall of famer

McDaniels is good, not the New England backup QBs

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    I don't think a new coach will go after Garopollo

Tying him to your regime's rep risky

I hope the Browns don't make the collosal mistake of sending NE #12 or a second rounder for him. They should focus on the rest of the team and focus on working with Griffin and Kessler

In a year or two I think the whole concept of throwing high picks and huge money at unproven QBs expected to right a sunk ship will be laughed at. Hopefully, anyway. Look at Goff. All the talent in the world and he has sucked because his OC was a hack and he's got 0 receivers

Garopollo could be a Cardinal or Bear. Would be classic John Fox to panic and send the house for Jimmy G to save Fox's job there. Arians could coach him up/keep his job no matter what.
    If the Bears were to make the trade for the home town boy Garopplo it would not be Fox that made that move, it would be Pace our GM. Some times it works out like Hasselbeck to the Hawks, or a bust like Flynn also to the Hawks.

Whomever trades for him would have better luck trying to get Cassel, he's a former Patriot backup and is much cheaper. Or they could try and pick up Brian Hoyer, he played for the Patriots too.

I think the price the Pats have set for him is a 1st, which seems to be what you'd have to give to get a starting QB from any team. Pats are ludicrous it they think anyone's going to give that for Garopollo. Two games is not enough. I believe had Garoppollo played longer more film would be on him and defenses could adjust accordingly. Even then, it seems that the Patriots should be grooming their next QB to replace Brady, who may or may not play another 2 seasons. But, their not, and willing to part with Garopollo for the right price, which to me always seems like the Pats know something other teams don't.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 02-28-2017 at 11:02 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

In a move that will have a ripple effect on all QB-needy teams, Patriots are not expected to trade QB Jimmy Garoppolo, per league sources.