Report: Broncos will attempt to re-sign DE Vance Walker

The Denver Broncos are keeping Vance Walker in their future plans.

The Broncos will attempt to re-sign the impending unrestricted free agent defensive end, according to Mike Klis of 9 News.

The forgotten man in the Mile High City, Walker, 29, missed all of last season with an ACL injury suffered during training camp. Denver was prepared for his absence, having signed Jared Crick in free agency and selected Adam Gotsis in the second round of the draft.

But Crick graded out as the lowest-rated starter on their defense, per Pro Football Focus, and Gotsis logged just 221 snaps in a disappointing rookie campaign. The Broncos' run defense plummeted from third in 2015 to 28th last season.

What's next for the Denver Broncos? Donít miss out on any news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Broncos newsletter!

Retaining Walker would go a long way toward improving that mark, particularly with Billy Winn similarly headed to free agency -- and little else behind him.

The Broncos are expected to have over $40 million in salary cap space when the new league year begins on March 9.

In addition to Walker, the club has also expressed interest in re-signing cornerback Kayvon Webster.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report...alker-51304850
    2016 Adopted Bronco-TJ Ward

Glad to see this. His recovery must be going well.

Walker going down hurt the team last year more then we want to admit. Re-signing him and either re-signing or upgrading from S. Williams should be the next piece of the puzzle. Also think Gotsis has a bigger impact this year.

Then I would like to see a quality DT added to the pipeline in the top 5 picks of the draft.

He was actually really good two years ago. Very underrated. If his rehab is going well, I wouldn't mind a three year deal that is back loaded.
    New England Patriots GM

Vance Walker was the un-sung hero of the Superbowl year, IMO. We had a much better run-stopping team in 2015, and Walker finished ahead of Sylvester Williams, statistically.

Good to see that the Front Office is showing loyalty where it is deserved. I'm also assuming that Walker's ACL re-hab is coming along very well. And as others have said, I'm expecting a HUGE move out of Gotsis as he has had a full year away from his ACL surgery, and a year of experience understanding what it takes to succeed in the NFL. Our Defense has the potential to be great in the upcoming season.